Why do people feel the need to announce their vaccine?

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
These ignorant Trumpers enjoy making fun of people for wearing masks. They learned it from their fearless old orange deity leader.

They look down on others because they view themselves as better for not wearing masks.

People wearing masks are doing so to protect others and get society back to normal (same with getting the vaccine) and they get ridiculed for it by these moronic Trumpers. The real dummies are the Trumpers, but unfortunately they lack the knowledge or self awareness to realize
I mean I dunno. It seems extreme but I don't know the guy's story. Is he so compromised that he's basically dead if he gets sick? What's his story?
Ppl like that should stay home, IMHO. Not diminishing their risk, but going out in a f’ing body condom and then throwing a tantrum when anyone doesn’t follow suit is just.... laughable. It’s not dissimilar to trannies walking around and crying afoul when ppl refuse to misgender them. It’s not enough to ignore them and go about your own business, it’s that they DEMAND the recognition that I have a problem with. Stay the F*ck home...

Reactions: Trojanhorse13

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Ppl like that should stay home, IMHO.
Is that your decision to make? I'm for personal freedoms, not totalitarianism.

If they want to get super "suited" up so they can just be normal-ish for a minute, it's hard for me to judge them.

Here's another example. My best friend has a really awful version of brain cancer that he should have been dead by 30 (he's 35) and I worked with him and instead of dealing with the embarrassing hair loss, he decided he was going to just wear a really nice hat in the office to cover it up (not baseball, like classic style).

At work I overheard someone doing exactly what you guys are describing, making comments and laughing about him wearing at hat at work and how he's "always out of the office and missing work".

I explained to them the reason and naturally they felt awful.

I can promise you that if they took a moment to understand they never would have made the comments they made.

So, if I don't know I'd rather error on the side of assuming they have a good reason for something like that then to assume their just "afraid" or "weird".

Now all that being said, if that person truly was just healthy but terrified of Covid, it's certainly fair to say that hey man don't you think you're going a little extreme?

But honestly the world could use substantially less snap judgements about each other.

To use other examples, Nick Sandman, Jussie Smollett, etc etc. Stop placing people in boxes and learn their story. If you disagree with them
or don't like them after, fine. But at least seek a little understanding

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Is that your decision to make? I'm for personal freedoms, not totalitarianism.

If they want to get super "suited" up so they can just be normal-ish for a minute, it's hard for me to judge them.

Here's another example. My best friend has a really awful version of brain cancer that he should have been dead by 30 (he's 35) and I worked with him and instead of dealing with the embarrassing hair loss, he decided he was going to just wear a really nice hat in the office to cover it up (not baseball, like classic style).

At work I overheard someone doing exactly what you guys are describing, making comments and laughing about him wearing at hat at work and how he's "always out of the office and missing work".

I explained to them the reason and naturally they felt awful.

I can promise you that if they took a moment to understand they never would have made the comments they made.

So, if I don't know I'd rather error on the side of assuming they have a good reason for something like that then to assume their just "afraid" or "weird".

Now all that being said, if that person truly was just healthy but terrified of Covid, it's certainly fair to say that hey man don't you think you're going a little extreme?

But honestly the world could use substantially less snap judgements about each other.

To use other examples, Nick Sandman, Jussie Smollett, etc etc. Stop placing people in boxes and learn their story. If you disagree with them
or don't like them after, fine. But at least seek a little understanding
You lost me at ‘totalitarianism’. Not really tho, and I don’t disagree with your points, but there’s not a great solution. At some point we’re gonna have to go back to ‘normal’, get rid of all of these Bullshit half measures, and let ppl fend for themselves (and I get the whole vaccine thing, but before you start in, realize we’ll NEVER get above a certain % unless we truly toss ‘personal liberty’ in the trash), or we’ll have become the Totalitarian state you say you don’t want.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
, realize we’ll NEVER get above a certain % unless we truly toss ‘personal liberty’ in the trash
I don't know if I completely understand that PoV because vaccines are mandatory for a decent amount of things in life.

But regardless, I am kind of curious to see where we land, I don't think it'll be anywhere near where we should get to, but I also don't know that it will be as low as the naysayers might say. My personal hope is that with natural immunity and vaccinations combined we can get to 75%.

I think based on a symptomatic cases we could probably say that we're about double the number of cases that we know of? That's a total gas but I don't think it's a crazy one.

If that's the case, we could assume that they are getting vaccinated at the same rate as the rest of the population, thus you can tack on another 20 to 30 million people who have antibodies but not vaccinations. So instead of 120 million we probably have 140-150 million people with antibodies. That's my optimistic take.

I'm hoping through vaccinations we can get to 65-70% and hoping that natural immunity will help us with the rest of the way to really kick this thing in the butt.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
At some point we’re gonna have to go back to ‘normal’
I do personally think that date is either in July or August. At that point there's very little excuse someone could come up with as to why they are not vaccinated. And you are right, at some point we can't just wait around for everybody who refuses to change their mind.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
I do personally think that date is either in July or August. At that point there's very little excuse someone could come up with as to why they are not vaccinated. And you are right, at some point we can't just wait around for everybody who refuses to change their mind.
Agree on the numbers, and the endpoint, just will differ on why ppl will choose not to be vaccinated, and differ on the statement that they’re ‘mandatory’. They’re not, and it’s (in this country still for the time being) a person/parent’s right to refuse them. My kids are vaccinated to certain things, as am I, probably will be for COVID @ some point, but I 1000% respect the right to refuse it, and Especially this one, for reasons we don’t need to rehash, have spent countless hours debating it and nothing’s gonna change, UNTIL it’s forced. That’s when we’ve become a totalitarian state. There’ll be plenty of forced negative stimulus to not in the meantime. You CANNOT argue against our distrust in the federal gov’t at this point in time, I don’t care which side of the fence you’re on, but our/your federal gov’t is NOT our friend, and their ‘mandates’, at least for me, are gonna go through a THICK filter of time and truth before they’re ever embraced.

Reactions: infinity13

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
When I see you in your hazmat suit in your own car, I will also laugh.
Got the second shot homie, no mask or anything for me unless a place of business or local government require it.

But I guess if being super judgemental is working for you, go for it

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Agree on the numbers, and the endpoint, just will differ on why ppl will choose not to be vaccinated, and differ on the statement that they’re ‘mandatory’. They’re not, and it’s (in this country still for the time being) a person/parent’s right to refuse them. My kids are vaccinated to certain things, as am I, probably will be for COVID @ some point, but I 1000% respect the right to refuse it, and Especially this one, for reasons we don’t need to rehash, have spent countless hours debating it and nothing’s gonna change, UNTIL it’s forced. That’s when we’ve become a totalitarian state. There’ll be plenty of forced negative stimulus to not in the meantime. You CANNOT argue against our distrust in the federal gov’t at this point in time, I don’t care which side of the fence you’re on, but our/your federal gov’t is NOT our friend, and their ‘mandates’, at least for me, are gonna go through a THICK filter of time and truth before they’re ever embraced.
That's probably a fair distinction. I have gone back and forth forever about the idea of government mandated vaccinations.

I really lean against the idea, but it does give me pause sometimes when I think about the completely unnecessary loss of life or bad l outcomes because of that freedom.

There was a story on RSS someone shared about an immunocompromised kid someone knew that died because someone else at his school refused (he was unable). Sh*t like that makes it hard.

But ultimately I'm with you that the government shouldn't require them.

But I'm also fine with schools telling people that if you want to come to this school you need to or sports teams, etc.

I know we had to provide proof of vaccines for our kids and when I was a kid and it's helped us as a country really eliminate (or all by eliminate) some pretty awful diseases.

JohnWaynePilgrim95

Redshirt Freshman
Silver Member
Jan 2, 2021
Got the second shot homie, no mask or anything for me unless a place of business or local government require it.

But I guess if being super judgemental is working for you, go for it
I’m not judging, it’s just a fact. You look like an idiot wearing multiple masks in your own car. Fight me if you disagree.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
That's probably a fair distinction. I have gone back and forth forever about the idea of government mandated vaccinations.

I really lean against the idea, but it does give me pause sometimes when I think about the completely unnecessary loss of life or bad l outcomes because of that freedom.

There was a story on RSS someone shared about an immunocompromised kid someone knew that died because someone else at his school refused (he was unable). Sh*t like that makes it hard.

But ultimately I'm with you that the government shouldn't require them.

But I'm also fine with schools telling people that if you want to come to this school you need to or sports teams, etc.

I know we had to provide proof of vaccines for our kids and when I was a kid and it's helped us as a country really eliminate (or all by eliminate) some pretty awful diseases.
The ferocity with which the MSM has invested ‘All-In’ on both the Disease and Vaccine is concerning, IMHO. It’s bred immense distrust with anyone who innately distrusts the federal gov’t, and it’s a huge red flag. I have Zero intention or knowledge of a means by which vaccination can be forged, but you can safely bet your life that it’s gonna happen. Just thought I’d throw some chum in the water...

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
Amazing how one of the most corrupt and money hungry industries ( Big pharma ) along with people who have a mission of decreasing the world's population ( Gates & the WEF crew ) have now convinced everyone they want to keep you healthy and save the world's population...

Reactions: mhosek

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Amazing how one of the most corrupt and money hungry industries ( Big pharma ) along with people who have a mission of decreasing the world's population ( Gates & the WEF crew ) have now convinced everyone they want to keep you healthy and save the world's population...
Sorry what does Gates have to do with any of this?

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
You're really asking me what Gates has to do with Vaccine uptake?

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX
Are people seriously so desperate for attention that they can’t help themselves? I just don’t understand it, to me it’s like posting yourself getting a colonoscopy..it’s just strange...can people really not help themselves from saying “look at me look at me!”? So please , if you felt the need to take a picture or video of yourself getting a vaccine, why did you do it?
The irony of this post.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
He invested Billions in it. And it’s not because he wants to sustain and increase the world’s population, bud.
Source? Everything I've read has been through BMGF which is not for profit?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
I would start with, it was the best investment he's ever made.
What investment specifically? Are you talking about the investment BMGF made in several drug companies over the last decade and a half? You know they're a non profit right?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Do your own research, just promise to look past the first page of your Google search.
Lol I'm not getting into the dumbass Q conspiracies that the vaccine is all about population control or microchips or whatever. Post a source.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Duck search. Probably suppressed by google. Let’s find out...

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
Lol I'm not getting into the dumbass Q conspiracies that the vaccine is all about population control or microchips or whatever. Post a source.
Q is a psyop
Trump was a joke used to divide the country
Big pharma doesn't care about you.
Gates come from a family of eugenics
Carrol Quigley tried warning you.

There was your first class.

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007
On that we agree

He was a joke, I don't know about "used". To what gain?

By whom?
You must destroy what you want to replace. Destroy nationalism, keep the masses divided, destroy the financial system. Build back Better.
Shift focus from global terrorism to domestic terrorism.

Intelligent agencies both U.S. and from Israel is my best guess as of today.