Why do people feel the need to announce their vaccine?

HuskerIsNumberOne

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2018
Lincoln
Yore missing Trojan’s point I’m pretty sure.....

No, I understand his point. I'm just pointing out what I have to go through for work when I'm driving. I've had a couple people out and about give me weird looks because I'm in a transit van wearing a mask/.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Are people seriously so desperate for attention that they can’t help themselves? I just don’t understand it, to me it’s like posting yourself getting a colonoscopy..it’s just strange...can people really not help themselves from saying “look at me look at me!”? So please , if you felt the need to take a picture or video of yourself getting a vaccine, why did you do it?
It's a celebration of freedom.

Freedom from the virus.

Freedom from the oppression of the anti-science morons who blindly followed Trump as he made the pandemic and the body count worse.

Freedom from the idiot anti-maskers.

Freedom from moronic anti-vaxxers.

Reactions: capt'n caveman

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001

Freedom from the virus.

Freedom from the oppression of the anti-science morons who blindly followed Trump as he made the pandemic and the body count worse.

Dude we’ve been forced into a semi-police state in the last 18 months because of Government, and it’s the Left pushing for all the insane regulation. Freedom, ya say?

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Dude we’ve been forced into a semi-police state in the last 18 months because of Government, and it’s the Left pushing for all the insane regulation. Freedom, ya say?
Thanks for the reminders on just how knuckle dragging idiotic republicans have been throughout this pandemic.

I know it’s not all Republicans but holy shit has Covid brought out the dumb from the party into the wide open.

Republican Dumbness Timeline:
“It’s a hoax! It’s the flu!” - No, there’s a shit ton of people dying in Italy, it’s definitely not a hoax or just the flu.

“It’ll never hit us like it does Italy, we’re better” - well we’re actually not, we’re younger which helps but not better.

“Lockdowns don’t help! Look, the states that are doing good are the ones without lockdowns” - No, it’s hitting high population densities first, it’ll hit the rest of areas next

“Masks are taking away muh freedoms!” & “This is just a way for the government to get control of the sheep” - First of all, where were you when seatbelt laws were put in place? I didn’t see a rebellion when it became customary to require shirts and shoes for service? Why is getting people to wear a mask a sign of control? What exactly are they controlling?

“The deaths are made up! Hospitals are marking things Covid to make more money” - Then why is excess death reporting following the Covid death number almost exactly?

“Covid only effects old people, I dont have to worry about this stuff” I guess you’re right if you don’t know or ever come in contact with anyone old - you got me I guess?

I could literally go on to 100 on the stupid ass shit that’s squeeked out around the drool from the hills people over the last year and that stupidity is the exact reason rather than rallying, protecting our older population, and leading the world in the right way to handle this and move on with our lives, the USA has been a laughing stock. Just drives me crazy

Last edited:

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha

Freedom from the virus.

Freedom from? Yet the vaccine is not guaranteed to protect you just like a mask. So are we talking feel good false sense of freedom? And all that name calling is doing wonders.

Phil DeGrave

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2020
Mogollon Rim
What's your point? Nobody said you CANT get covid if you're vaccinated. The vaccine just greatly lowers your chances of DYING if you contract the covid.

The right: 600,000+ die from covid related issues..... meh, numbers don't mean anything.

1/millions still gets sick even after vaccinated.... omg! .... vaccines don't work!!! 🙄

What's your point? Nobody said you CANT get covid if you're vaccinated. The vaccine just greatly lowers your chances of DYING if you contract the covid.

The right: 600,000+ die from covid related issues..... meh, numbers don't mean anything.

1/millions still gets sick even after vaccinated.... omg! .... vaccines don't work!!!

1/millions still gets sick even after vaccinated.... omg! .... vaccines don't work!!! 🙄
Thanks captain, enjoy the cave.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Yeah it was just a pretty dumb thing to say.

What if one of them has severe autoimmune issues and can't get vaccinated?

The neighbors behind us have a 6 year old that just had open heart surgery so they were masks everywhere, including the car.

Half the time I have to remind my kids after school they have theirs on, perhaps they just forgot?

Another time I got out of Hy-Vee and I was just driving across the street to another place so I didn't bother to take it off in between.

Just kind of a dumb thing to criticize people for. There's tons of perfect valid reasons other than just the "Herrrrrrrr, I saw someone in a car with a mask..."
These ignorant Trumpers enjoy making fun of people for wearing masks. They learned it from their fearless old orange deity leader.

They look down on others because they view themselves as better for not wearing masks.

People wearing masks are doing so to protect others and get society back to normal (same with getting the vaccine) and they get ridiculed for it by these moronic Trumpers. The real dummies are the Trumpers, but unfortunately they lack the knowledge or self awareness to realize it.

Last edited:

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
These ignorant Trumpers enjoy making fun of people for wearing masks. They learned it from their fearless old orange deity leader.

They look down on others because they view themselves as better for not wearing masks.

People wearing masks are doing so to protect others and get society back to normal (same with getting the vaccine) and they get ridiculed for it by these moronic Trumpers. The real dummies are the Trumpers, but unfortunately they lack the knowledge or self awareness to realize it.
Making fun of California license plates with masks on in the car is ALWAYS okay, sry I’ll defend that all day, lol... if they’ve got someone vulnerable in the car I’ll eat those words, just sayin it’s overwhelmingly likely it’s just Cali being Cali...

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Making fun of California license plates with masks on in the car is ALWAYS okay, sry I’ll defend that all day, lol... if they’ve got someone vulnerable in the car I’ll eat those words, just sayin it’s overwhelmingly likely it’s just Cali being Cali...
Or you're just an a-hole being an a-hole

Reactions: kidofSN

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Or you're just an a-hole being an a-hole
Sooooo if it were hypothetically confirmed that the ppl in the Cali car were healthy, YET wearing their masks, THEN would it be okay to make fun of them? Just sayin statistically that’s the most likely scenario...

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Lol 95% is a false sense. Another sub 100 IQer here boys.

You pro maskers do the same on what you just said. Look in the mirror.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Sooooo if it were hypothetically confirmed that the ppl in the Cali car were healthy, YET wearing their masks, THEN would it be okay to make fun of them? Just sayin statistically that’s the most likely scenario...
Certainly open to some scrutiny at that point.

But I don't like to assume someone's personal situation.

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
You are supposed to assume your sick per pro maskers and we are all just dipshits and Trumpers with no IQ etc.

infinity13

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2007

Freedom from the virus.

Freedom from moronic
I see freedom has been redefined like herd immunity and vaccines.

JohnWaynePilgrim95

Redshirt Freshman
Silver Member
Jan 2, 2021

If I see someone wearing two or three masks in their own car or outside, I’m going to laugh at them for looking like an idiot.

Reactions: IowaHuskerFan3

WesternNebraskan

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2004
W. Nebraska
If I see someone wearing two or three masks in their own car or outside, I’m going to laugh at them for looking like an idiot.
200.gif

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
This is just a way for the government to get control of the sheep

This one was my worst omission in the poll thread a week or so ago about "dumbest new things since COVID."

What's most astounding about "they want to control the sheep" is the misunderstanding that many seem to have about sheep, flocks, etc.

Reactions: ScarletNCream

gcadays99

Walk On
Sep 7, 2005
I’d consider a question on a private forum a little different than posting your vaccine to Instagram where literally anyone can see it. I know you can see the difference.
Instagram is more private than this forum. You eecan control who sees your stuff on your Instagram. Here it's just whoever joins the forum.

IowaHuskerFan3

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007
Ok tough guy
Pulled into Walcott Ia to get fuel the other day and the guy beside me had on what appeared to me looked like a Hazmat suit on. Full face shield, plastic gloves pulled up to his elbows and plastic bags on his shoes.I couldn’t help but laugh. Was I wrong?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Pulled into Walcott Ia to get fuel the other day and the guy beside me had on what appeared to me looked like a Hazmat suit on. Full face shield, plastic gloves pulled up to his elbows and plastic bags on his shoes.I couldn’t help but laugh. Was I wrong?
I mean I dunno. It seems extreme but I don't know the guy's story. Is he so compromised that he's basically dead if he gets sick? What's his story?

Latest posts