ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't anyone tell me that the McRib was back?

Yes, UNL did contribute to the McRib. So you're not a true Husker fan if you don't eat the hell out of McRibs. Truth.
But, I like my health.... I don't eat there and I don't like to eat fast food. Runza is borderline. But, I don't eat there outside of football season. I've never had a McRib and im totally ok with this.

Good BBQ will never be replaced by a toxic chemical soiree posing as meat. There is craftmanship to be had on the grill.

Jesus H. Really ? When the hell did anyone make an assertion that a McRib was REAL BBQ? Or even good for you?

Maybe if some farm to table restaurant had their own version of the McRib. Lol
Wow. I've found the McDonald's Ambassador! As a side note: I find your usage of his name in vain to be pretty offensive. Please leave my Lord out of your opinions.

You are all over the place! You quote me, but you act like CNN. Fake News; with your bad attempts at holistic points of view.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Back in my youth guys were known to do several bongs when really good bud, like Thai sticks or Michoacan came into town, back that up with a tall glass of Wild Irish Rose or MD 20 20, and go out for McRibs. Years later due to McRibs being smaller than back then and due to sobriety, those guys report the experience of eating them just isn't as cool.

Back in my youth guys were known to do several bongs when really good bud, like Thai sticks or Michoacan came into town, back that up with a tall glass of Wild Irish Rose or MD 20 20, and go out for McRibs. Years later due to McRibs being smaller than back then and due to sobriety, those guys report the experience of eating them just isn't as cool.

Well, duh.

I'm never eating again .

Can't believe they took a jab at the french fries...lay off the fries .

I know, the fries are amazing! I have to have them at least once a month. I stay away most of the time, but gotta reward myself from time to time.

I know, the fries are amazing! I have to have them at least once a month. I stay away most of the time, but gotta reward myself from time to time.
I can see the golden arches from my shop in Gretna. A constant reminder of the deliciousness that is a mere half a mile away .

Are you guys serious? I wasn’t joking at all. I eat a lot of romaine and greenleaf

Or at least I used to.

Just saw today a bunch of ground beef was recalled too. Don’t ever recall hearing that about the McRib

I have never in my life had a McRib sandwich. Not sure what the hoopla is all about.

29906170001_5853478564001_5853476366001-vs.jpg
i was afraid we were going to have to draw you a picture...

McRibs are tasty. Sometimes I wonder what the meat is but then I wonder about hotdogs too.

Not sure I can go for this. I'm not into the plant based only diets. I have canines&cuspids for a reason.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They're only seasonal because McDonalds waits until pork by-broducts consisting of tripe, heart, scalded stomach and likely other mystery bonus meats reach the yearly low cost. To sum it up, it's glued together undesirable pork parts at their lowest annual cost...
Whatever it is, get in my belly.

I assume people who like the McRib are the same people who like the inside of their steak to be a solid gray ;)

Reactions: Anegada1
They're only seasonal because McDonalds waits until pork by-broducts consisting of tripe, heart, scalded stomach and likely other mystery bonus meats reach the yearly low cost. To sum it up, it's glued together undesirable pork parts at their lowest annual cost...
As opposed to the Chicken McNugget aka Byproduct Bites ?

McRib® is a Nebraska treasure!

Rumor has it that McDonalds' McRib® Sandwich was invented in Nebraska. That rumor is not exactly true.

In 1972 Professor Roger Mandingo of the University of Nebraska received a grant from the National Pork Producers Council to work on a process to create restructured meats. He developed a technology to bind small pieces of meat together in different shapes using salt and mechanical action. The results of his work can be seen today in such items as dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and the famous McRib" Sandwich.

Next time you bite into that juicy restructured meat patty, be sure to thank UNL Professor Mandingo.

McRib® is a Nebraska treasure!

Rumor has it that McDonalds' McRib® Sandwich was invented in Nebraska. That rumor is not exactly true.

In 1972 Professor Roger Mandingo of the University of Nebraska received a grant from the National Pork Producers Council to work on a process to create restructured meats. He developed a technology to bind small pieces of meat together in different shapes using salt and mechanical action. The results of his work can be seen today in such items as dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets and the famous McRib" Sandwich.

Next time you bite into that juicy restructured meat patty, be sure to thank UNL Professor Mandingo.
I'm guessing the movie " Mandingo " was not his life's story :)

I used to love it...then I read a few articles like this one..

http://gothamist.com/2013/11/13/the_disgusting_depressing_truth_beh.php

I'm not seeing it.

According to your article the McRib consists of "pork, water, salt, dextrose and three kinds of preservatives: BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid. "

I would assume that these are industry standard preservatives that are probably in my quarter pounder of fish filet as well....so no big deal to me.

...and...

"very little actual rib meat in a McRib." "Primarily, it's shoulder meat,"

But according to the NU study it also contains "tripe, heart, and scalded stomachs "

Shoulder meat doesn't sound to exotic the others stuff?

Nothing that tasty BBQ sauce wont fix.

I'll have to get me one because I do like my McRibs.

Go Blue!

Reactions: dinglefritz
I had one the other day, I was disappointed it was flat no seasoning and not much bbq sauce but I’ll try one again

ADVERTISEMENT