Why did you get the vaccine?

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I heard Hollywood working with the propagandists of our own government telling us that we can "return to normal" if everyone gets the vaccine. Now that many places started to go without masks, and with many of them listening and getting vaccinated, now they're telling us that we need to forget what they said. Even though we were returning to normal because people were getting the vaccine, now they say we all need to go back to using masks and we need to "return to the abnormal".

So, looking back, why did you get the vaccine, and did you think we would "return to normal" and then "return to abnormal"? Do you think there's going to be an end to this madness, as there's going to be more variants continuing to be discovered. If a Delta variant popped up less than a year after the original release into the wild. If it can mutate that quickly, what makes you think it won't mutate from here on out? Will you keep on getting newer and newer vaccines and living a socially distanced life because the unelected officials at the CDC tell you to?

wildcat_husker

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2012
I trust the science and I’ll risk the long-term effects of the vaccine over a new virus that was potentially created in a lab and has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US (even if the total number is exaggerated).

Reactions: HuskerCK

LightningJack

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
Both my folks were in nursing homes at the time the shot came available to the public. How could I not get the shot! I'll just tell them, sorry I'll keep yelling through a window to talk/visit with you whether it's 10 or 100 degreez out. You got the shot and your ok, I'm younger but don't want to risk it.

I'm no picture of great health, nor am I on deaths door. Western Medicine hasn't failed me yet, masks suck azz though.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Both my folks were in nursing homes at the time the shot came available to the public. How could I not get the shot! I'll just tell them, sorry I'll keep yelling through a window to talk/visit with you whether it's 10 or 100 degreez out. You got the shot and your ok, I'm younger but don't want to risk it.

I'm no picture of great health, nor am I on deaths door. Western Medicine hasn't failed me yet, masks suck azz though.
Are you able to see them now, or is Delta variant going to prolong the suffering?

LightningJack

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
I was able to see them at different times, (this spring early summer) as long as there is not an outbreak at the facility where they are at. The longer it goes on, the longer it prolongs seeing them. After the shot it was nice to be able to sit with them and go to there room on an occasion or two, Visits were 1/2 - 1 hour at most.

Hard explaining to my dad every time I see him there is a Pandemic and he says, didn't read it in the paper. When he hasn't read the paper in years.

My mom was able to come home (luckily) recently, we weren't sure she would walk again. So far so good, hopefully stays that way.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I had COVID and it sucked, did not want that crap again. Besides I wanted to vist my kids and grand kids. I also am around 70 some people at work each day. Easy choice even though some family begged me not to as they had heard all the false rumors about the Trump vaccine.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
All the vaccines yes, more than most people being in the military but I won’t get this shot (not a vaccine)

• Haha
Reactions: Redblooded

jja699

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2007
I actually got mine because of all the traveling for work and for volleyball games. All over the country seemed like the safest course.

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
I got stuck because it makes sense to do so, even if I have to get stuck again when the zeta variant arrives due to continued spread and mutation of the virus.

Hard explaining to my dad every time I see him there is a Pandemic and he says, didn't read it in the paper. When he hasn't read the paper in years.

I saw my grandparents for the first time in about 500 days last weekend. Grandpa didn't know who I was for the first ~30 minutes of my 100 minute visit. He finally quit asking who my mom was (his youngest daughter) and who my grandmother was (his wife sitting next to him).

The only bright side to his mental decline is that he doesn't remember the BS fed to him by Tucker and Sean, but rather thinks I can't be me because I have a different haircut than I did ten years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: LightningJack

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
I got stuck because it makes sense to do so, even if I have to get stuck again when the zeta variant arrives due to continued spread and mutation of the virus.

I saw my grandparents for the first time in about 500 days last weekend. Grandpa didn't know who I was for the first ~30 minutes of my 100 minute visit. He finally quit asking who my mom was (his youngest daughter) and who my grandmother was (his wife sitting next to him).

The only bright side to his mental decline is that he doesn't remember the BS fed to him by Tucker and Sean, but rather thinks I can't be me because I have a different haircut than I did ten years ago.
That is from dimension, nor covid.