ADVERTISEMENT

Why did we ask the Big Ten?

f00tball_fan

Walk On
Aug 18, 2006
They were always gonna be ridiculous.

Schedule UTC, pay them $250,000 and play a football game with 25,000 fans in the stadium. What is the Big Ten going to do, kick us out? Cancel our season?

Be realistic. We don't have to be the bitch here.

Schedule UTC, pay them $250,000 and play a football game with 25,000 fans in the stadium. What is the Big Ten going to do, kick us out? Cancel our season?

Because successful adults, people, programs, employees, and on and on, with integrity, don't do what you suggest.

Kinda the same reason you don't flip off your manager when they make a decision you don't agree with. You lose your job and get labeled an idiot that takes a step backwards at your next job.

Because successful adults, people, programs, employees, and on and on, with integrity, don't do what you suggest.

Kinda the same reason you don't flip off your manager when they make a decision you don't agree with. You lose your job and get labeled an idiot that takes a step backwards at your next job.
Politicians do that
Just need to say the rules are illegitimate and it's all good.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

Nebraska is not an "employee" of the Big Ten. People with integrity don't shit all over 20 year old kids and millions of fans for no reason at all either. You want to talk about acting like an adult, what the hell are we witnessing in the Big Ten offices?

And I can't think of a better way to act with integrity than to fulfill the promises you made to the parents of kids before you took them into your university and football program and promised them you would do what is best for them.

Nebraska has been the adult in the room throughout this mess. Kevin Warren and his lackeys have acted like children.

The $50 million check from the B1G may have something to do with it.

I don't think we need $50 million that bad. $35 million sounds just fine with another conference at this point.

I gave up about $50,000 a year about 4 years ago for less headaches and more control over my life. Best decision I ever made. I think Nebraska would benefit from something similar here also.

Hell, we could make that $50 million just from ticket sales, food sales, merchendise if they let just 25% of the fans in the stadium.

per Yahoo Sports, here's what happened this morning:

On a Thursday morning conference call, Big Ten presidents discussed an exemption request from Nebraska to allow the Cornhuskers to replace Saturday’s canceled football game against Wisconsin with a non-league opponent, the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga.

It got zero traction, league sources told Yahoo Sports. There was no need for even a show of hands, let alone an actual vote. No one was in favor of granting it.

I hate the b1g presidents.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And I can't think of a better way to act with integrity than to fulfill the promises you made to the parents of kids before you took them into your university and football program and promised them you would do what is best for them.

Nebraska has been the adult in the room throughout this mess. Kevin Warren and his lackeys have acted like children.

YES! Finally someone gets it. Integrity. Maturity. Reason. These are the qualities that come to mind when thinking about UNL response to this season. Not lawsuits, or petty 501 c 3 legal crap from the State AG for God's sake, or the whining. Tons of whining. Why can't we play? The schedule is too hard? Can't we play someone else? It's Gov Whitmer's fault. Contradicting agreements UNL voted for just a few weeks ago. The Nebraska football program and the admin is DEFINITELY making the State look great. Rational people from all over the country, to the extent they give a shit about Neb FB in 2020, look at this situation and think Neb is the grown up in the room. For sure. I see a Nobel Peace prize nom in our collective futures.

YES! Finally someone gets it. Integrity. Maturity. Reason. These are the qualities that come to mind when thinking about UNL response to this season. Not lawsuits, or petty 501 c 3 legal crap from the State AG for God's sake, or the whining. Tons of whining. Why can't we play? The schedule is too hard? Can't we play someone else? It's Gov Whitmer's fault. Contradicting agreements UNL voted for just a few weeks ago. The Nebraska football program and the admin is DEFINITELY making the State look great. Rational people from all over the country, to the extent they give a shit about Neb FB in 2020, look at this situation and think Neb is the grown up in the room. For sure. I see a Nobel Peace prize nom in our collective futures.
Douche.

Get lost loser troll and your political crap all the time..

Yeah, Gov. Whitmer played a huge part in the stupidity. Yes, rational people all over the country are probably glad Nebraska has done what it had to do.

Left wingers need to lock themselves in the basement and we will see you next year.

You are something else. We caused them so much trouble?

If it wasn't for us, there would probably be no Big Ten season at all and they would look 100% foolish instead of only 75% foolish.

Well they didn't want a season and didn't like our tantrums and they did what people in power do when you piss them off. When they had the bigger stick, they used it. Outside of our state, most people think we look like children throwing a tantrum, and I would agree with them.

Well they didn't want a season and didn't like our tantrums and they did what people in power do when you piss them off. When they had the bigger stick, they used it. Outside of our state, most people think we look like children throwing a tantrum, and I would agree with them.

You can't even be consistent within the same thread.

"When they had the bigger stick, they used it." Like adults with integrity right?

Oh, and you call it a tantrum. Good for you. You can use a stupid word that has no bearing on reality. The players who want to play don't give a shit about what you have to say, or these fat old men in the Big Ten offices. They got a couple years to make their dream come true. And you and people like you don't care about anything except shutting shit down, without good reason.

It is pathetic.

You can't even be consistent within the same thread.

"When they had the bigger stick, they used it." Like adults with integrity right?

Oh, and you call it a tantrum. Good for you. You can use a stupid word that has no bearing on reality. The players who want to play don't give a shit about what you have to say, or these fat old men in the Big Ten offices. They got a couple years to make their dream come true. And you and people like you don't care about anything except shutting shit down, without good reason.

It is pathetic.

Oh my...you must not have read anything I have posted on the issue of shutting things down, you simply could not be more wrong about my opinion on that if you tried to be, I want the whole effing country opened back up, months ago. You are soooo wrong about that, that dare I say "it's pathetic"??? Huh? lil bit??

...and don't equate the bigger stick comment to no integrity, the old saying "two things can be true about the same thing" comes to mind. We're an outsider who has caused them a lot of trouble, they put us in our place for doing so. That isn't an integrity issue, that's just how it works in the real world. You are free to disagree, no worries.

For the record, I think they should have let us play this weekend, I think this whole thing sucks, I think this conference sucks, but we wanted in, and we got our wish.

Reactions: BRHuskerDoos
Nebraska is not an "employee" of the Big Ten. People with integrity don't shit all over 20 year old kids and millions of fans for no reason at all either. You want to talk about acting like an adult, what the hell are we witnessing in the Big Ten offices?
If not having a football game on a Saturday amounts to being shit on, then my God, I'd love to have such an easy life.

Like litespeed (basically said); we were pissed at Texas, so we left. We wanted into the B1G, and now we apparently want out. That's why we look silly, not because we want to play. It's the appearance of wanting to bail when something doesn't go our way.

Last edited:
Oh my...you must not have read anything I have posted on the issue of shutting things down, you simply could not be more wrong about my opinion on that if you tried to be, I want the whole effing country opened back up, months ago. You are soooo wrong about that, that dare I say "it's pathetic"??? Huh? lil bit??

...and don't equate the bigger stick comment to no integrity, the old saying "two things can be true about the same thing" comes to mind. We're an outsider who has caused them a lot of trouble, they put us in our place for doing so. That isn't an integrity issue, that's just how it works in the real world. You are free to disagree, no worries.

For the record, I think they should have let us play this weekend, I think this whole thing sucks, I think this conference sucks, but we wanted in, and we got our wish.

You call it a "tantrum" to want to play football like we have for the past 130 years. I don't see how that is a tantrum.

The Big Ten wanted it all shut down. Why? For player and coach safety? Really? No one believes that. They were NOT acting like adults. Unless being adult means being a lying, corrupt and conniving scumbag.

That's a question for someone else to answer. All I'm saying is that if the biggest problem I have this year is no Nebraska-Wisconsin (or someone else) game this Saturday, then 2020 will have been a great year.

All I'm saying is that people are assholes for hurting the kids for no reason other than playing politics behind closed doors.

There is not one, single, solitary reason UTC couldn't come up and play a football game. Not one. Unless you want to hurt and punish Nebraska.

All I'm saying is that people are assholes for hurting the kids for no reason other than playing politics behind closed doors.

There is not one, single, solitary reason UTC couldn't come up and play a football game. Not one. Unless you want to hurt and punish Nebraska.
No, there is one reason: ego

None of the asswipe eggheads who run the member schools have heard the word ‘no’ in decades, nor have they had an original thought since dedicating their worthless lives to a career in academia. They are bloated bureaucrats who aren’t worth the pot they piss in to anyone in the real world.

College is becoming obsolete, and the fall of these institutions can’t come fast enough, in my opinion. They are glorified babysitters.

That's a question for someone else to answer. All I'm saying is that if the biggest problem I have this year is no Nebraska-Wisconsin (or someone else) game this Saturday, then 2020 will have been a great year.
So F everyone this affects negatively?

I don't think we need $50 million that bad. $35 million sounds just fine with another conference at this point.

I gave up about $50,000 a year about 4 years ago for less headaches and more control over my life. Best decision I ever made. I think Nebraska would benefit from something similar here also.

Hell, we could make that $50 million just from ticket sales, food sales, merchendise if they let just 25% of the fans in the stadium.
If we know Bill Moos, contingency plans are probably in motion. This marriage which made sense at the time, is headed towards irreconcilable differences.

If we know Bill Moos, contingency plans are probably in motion. This marriage which made sense at the time, is headed towards irreconcilable differences.

Like I said,we should have just played the game and let the chips fall where they may.

The culture of the B1G isn’t going to change if we just fall in line. They don’t respect us, why should we respect them? Yes. I understand that is not what you want to do to create a bad relationship, but if one side already doesn’t respect the other that needs fixed.

Like I said,we should have just played the game and let the chips fall where they may.

The culture of the B1G isn’t going to change if we just fall in line. They don’t respect us, why should we respect them? Yes. I understand that is not what you want to do to create a bad relationship, but if one side already doesn’t respect the other that needs fixed.
Well as some have pointed out already, Moos and UNL are adults, play by the rules rather than bend them to fit their agenda, and have taken the high road. Going rogue without a solid exit strategy doesn’t make sense. In the meantime, all we can do to stick it to the BIG-10 is beat the teams that do show up to play and smile and say F*** You!

Reactions: f00tball_fan

Well I don't like how the B1G treats Nebraska. Period. BUT as far as what the B1G can do to punish Nebraska? It's simple they can fine us by reducing and with holding the conference revenue share. That simple and that effective.

We also can't leave the conference either as some keep saying. Our media rights are assigned to the conference. So yes we could go elsewhere but we'd have to leave all of our media rights with the B1G.

We need to stay in the conference and play by conference rules IMO. We need to cultivate some friends among the other schools so we don't always get taken advantage of.

Well I don't like how the B1G treats Nebraska. Period. BUT as far as what the B1G can do to punish Nebraska? It's simple they can fine us by reducing and with holding the conference revenue share. That simple and that effective.

We also can't leave the conference either as some keep saying. Our media rights are assigned to the conference. So yes we could go elsewhere but we'd have to leave all of our media rights with the B1G.

We need to stay in the conference and play by conference rules IMO. We need to cultivate some friends among the other schools so we don't always get taken advantage of.

Would love to do that. But who? Ohio State? Iowa? Who else would be interested in elevating Nebraska?

Its probably breach of contract and they yank all the B1G money. The department and school would definitely feel that.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Its probably breach of contract and they yank all the B1G money. The department and school would definitely feel that.

Probably. I wonder how the contracts are structured. Probably where member schools get a pile of money to do what the conference says at all costs.

This conference is not a good fit. A conference where programs Who had known pedophiles are revered and a program who just wants to play football is chastised. Time to get out

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

I work with kids. They're pretty resilient. In fact, I bet you're more hurt over it than they are, or, at least, will get over it quicker than you will.

So F everyone this affects negatively?
f00tball fan talked of the 20 years olds and millions of fans being shit on. I replied accordingly.

Yes, I feel bad for the players, who will likely get over it faster than people on this board will. Hell, I've seen 16-18 year olds handle having their own HS game cancelled better than 80% of the people on this board are handling this.

Millions of fans aren't being shit on because of a cancelled, non-replaced game. If they are, as I said, then their life is pretty cushy.

Reactions: TheBeav815
This conference is not a good fit. A conference where programs Who had known pedophiles are revered and a program who just wants to play football is chastised. Time to get out

Dont forget about programs with decades of racist behavior.

f00tball fan talked of the 20 years olds and millions of fans being shit on. I replied accordingly.

Yes, I feel bad for the players, who will likely get over it faster than people on this board will. Hell, I've seen 16-18 year olds handle having their own HS game cancelled better than 80% of the people on this board are handling this.

Millions of fans aren't being shit on because of a cancelled, non-replaced game. If they are, as I said, then their life is pretty cushy.
You dont care about closed businesses? Lost jobs? Ruined lives?
you dont care about deaths of despair? 100 thousand more people aged 25-45 dead this year than last year?

ok then....
youre too tunnel visioned to see the big picture.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
per Yahoo Sports, here's what happened this morning:

On a Thursday morning conference call, Big Ten presidents discussed an exemption request from Nebraska to allow the Cornhuskers to replace Saturday’s canceled football game against Wisconsin with a non-league opponent, the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga.

It got zero traction, league sources told Yahoo Sports. There was no need for even a show of hands, let alone an actual vote. No one was in favor of granting it.

I hate the b1g presidents.
in fairness, or reality....if there is a meeting of university presidents and chancellors, there would be an agenda well in advance - probably 7 days - that would be standard for this level of meeting. They don't meet just to shoot the bull. Expecting them to add a discussion item, let alone take action on something contrary to a previously voted on item, just to make our saturday a little happier for 3 hrs probably doesn't register among their top 1000 list of issues right now.

Stinks for us, but stepping back from the ledge, it's not surprising nor does it mean they have a vendetta against Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT