ADVERTISEMENT

Why Big XII coaches?

jozimmer

Walk On
Sep 3, 2005
I've seen this board bring up Campbell, Aranda, Leipold and Klieman as "possible head coaches" along with a bagillion other names.

Why would NU want a Big XII coach from a league that doesn't play defense and most games feel like a 52-49 final score?

I just think it's regional

most Husker fans pay closer attention to the big 12 than any other conference aside from our own, plus most who don't live in NE wound up in a surrounding state

Reactions: BleedRed78
basically it comes down to who has the recipe to beat OU.

guys like Klieman, Aranda, Campbell, etc are intriguing because they beat OU with lesser talent, and it’s easy to compare that to what is needed to beat Ohio State

Reactions: moralvictories
Mostly bc they are coaches we can possibly get. Big XII is about to become a G6 league in a couple years.
Probably this ^. You would think any coach left in the Big XII would be concerned for their future going forward.

I've seen this board bring up Campbell, Aranda, Leipold and Klieman as "possible head coaches" along with a bagillion other names.

Why would NU want a Big XII coach from a league that doesn't play defense and most games feel like a 52-49 final score?
Well it isn’t, but for the ones in the XII, not complicated: 1. locality, understanding recruiting around here. 2. Availability — many of the ones being discussed are relatively young or new in the job. 3. Program building — these guys are turning around bad programs.

Other coaches in the Pac, ACC, SEC, pros and other confs have also been discussed alot. Hell, some posters even want Fleck and Bielema.

Reactions: headcard

That would only leave who?

Aranda was Wisconsin Defensive coordinator from 2013-2015 so he is familiar with the Big 10 and was D.C with LSU which won the national title in 2019 and before that he was D.C for Hawaii and Utah St..

I like his résumé over Campbell, Leipold and Klienman..
I would be happy with any of them really. They know how to do program building. They know how to coach fundamentals.

Reactions: scarletred
I think because culturally the big 12 fits NU more then the big 10
the coaches that one could hire from the big 10, ain't going anywhere, day, mich coach, iowa coach
or they don't fit culturally, like a fleck or belima

tark, venerable, aranda, cambell, leopold, ksu's, etc..coach...heck even tcu's coach I could see plug in at NU easier.
gundy is the only one I see cemented in

Last edited:
For this conference I like BOB or Aranda. They get the Big10. Meyer ain't coming and Mickey probably isn't going to show enough.
Has Aranda gotten his career big 12 record over .500 yet?

lol can somebody please tell me why experience matters so much when all we end up doing is say throw this year or that year out because of insert excuse?

So pathetic

Has Aranda gotten his career big 12 record over .500 yet?

lol can somebody please tell me why experience matters so much when all we end up doing is say throw this year or that year out because of insert excuse?

So pathetic
Mickey is likely going to finish this year 2-6 in the conference.

Aranda has a conference Championship, 4 wins total over top 15 opponents, and a Sugar Bowl win against a top 10 SEC opponent, which his predecessor couldn't achieve.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT