ADVERTISEMENT

Who's starting at QB?

cornhead1

Senior
Sep 13, 2007
Has this been announced?

I really think Martinez gives us the best chance to win, he is the better passer and to keep Iowa honest we have to at least be able to have a passing threat.

They don’t announce the starter. I think it will be AM at QB and LM at receiver

Reactions: headcard
We won't know until right before kickoff, but I'm going to guess it is Martinez.

Nebraska's only hope is that being benched for 2 weeks had a positive affect on AM and the quality of his play starts to resemble his Freshman year. Even that won't be enough, though. The rest of the team needs to stop with the stupid penalties, missed tackles, missed blocks, etc.

So basically I'm saying it won't matter who plays QB. Nebraska's problems are far deeper than figuring out the lesser of two problems at QB.

If AM can hit the basic passes, then it should be AM no question. The problem is, in his first couple games he couldn't hit the basic passes. When he can't do that, LM has more upside as a runner so it makes sense to go with him.

I understand AM faced tougher defenses, but that doesn’t totally account for the lack of accuracy we've seen from him. Almost like he has the dreaded Yips.

If I had to guess, I think AM starts and if his passes are reasonably accurate he stays in. If his passes are all over the place, go back to LM. I hate switching back and forth, but we really don't have many other options.

If AM can hit the basic passes, then it should be AM no question. The problem is, in his first couple games he couldn't hit the basic passes. When he can't do that, LM has more upside as a runner so it makes sense to go with him.

I understand AM faced tougher defenses, but that doesn’t totally account for the lack of accuracy we've seen from him. Almost like he has the dreaded Yips.

If I had to guess, I think AM starts and if his passes are reasonably accurate he stays in. If his passes are all over the place, go back to LM. I hate switching back and forth, but we really don't have many other options.

I agree with this.

We won't know until right before kickoff, but I'm going to guess it is Martinez.

Nebraska's only hope is that being benched for 2 weeks had a positive affect on AM and the quality of his play starts to resemble his Freshman year. Even that won't be enough, though. The rest of the team needs to stop with the stupid penalties, missed tackles, missed blocks, etc.

So basically I'm saying it won't matter who plays QB. Nebraska's problems are far deeper than figuring out the lesser of two problems at QB.

Yes we have more issues that are far worse than who starts at QB....

I originally thought we might buck the trend of “if you have two QBs it’s because you don’t have one”, only to realize that is exactly our situation.

Right now I don’t know who I see more ready, but agree AM seems to have more upside on the accuracy... maybe?... sometimes? ... I think we forget how bad his throwing has been.
While sitting could light a fire under him, missing game reps also doesn’t help.

All indications from coaches seemed to point to AM getting the nod today. The leash is now short for both.

Here to remind everyone that Luke’s completion percentage is currently higher than AM’s was his freshman year.

he is not, and has never ever been, a better passer. This false narrative should be deep in the grave after watching him flounder for 2+ years, but here we are.

Luke gives us the ONLY chance to win.

Not sure I agree. At least on the offensive side, that is the biggest issue by far.

Undisciplined offensive line
Wide receivers have no big play receivers except Wandale and they can’t get him open enough.
Play calling has been a liability..

There you go and this is just offense..

Reactions: Red I 73
Undisciplined offensive line
Wide receivers have no big play receivers except Wandale and they can’t get him open enough.
Play calling has been a liability..

There you go and this is just offense..

Wide receivers have been running wide open behind the defense and not thrown to so we might have some big play receivers and the play calling might work if read correctly

It's simple. If the first option isnt open take off running or throw it to the RB out the backfield.

Better question. Can whoever starts at Center get the QB the ball properly?

giphy.gif

Adrian is 0-2 vs iowa and has never been playing worse.

if he starts, Frost truly is clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT