ADVERTISEMENT

Who's hoping for a big Stanford win?

I'm rooting for a Hawk win but they're not cooperating at all!

I look at it this way. Many Herkie fans hate the Nebraska program because of the fans (so they say but we all know that it is because Nebraska has been extremely successful). They think they don't have the douchebag fans but we all know that they do and that every fanbase has them (yes, even our Huskers have douchebag fans). The Herkie fans that I know do root against Nebraska no matter who they play as they hate us that much. But if you say GO TREES, then you are a Herkie hater. Im not a Hawkeye program hater, I just hate many of their fans.

With that said, for the players and the B1G conference, I hope they win as it is an incredible feeling for them to have the best season in their programs history. But for their fans, I hope they get beat by 50 points. But I really don't want to hear for the next 30 years how Iowa is so much better than Nebraska because they played in the Rose Bowl once in 50 years.

Damn, I didnt think they would doit in the first half.

You may be right but the ones that live in the west and the most over the top people I have ever seen and that includes going to many Colorado games back in the competitive days. They absolutely hate Nebraska
You've got a very short memory about Colorado. I remember Cally taking an underdog Husker team to Boulder and spanked them very well. About the early part of the 4th Q, a whole section of the student seating was removed by security for throwing plastic bags of urine at our fans/players. That's as low as I've ever seen for a fanbase. Nothing I've seen from Iowa even comes close.

Nothing like band geeks getting their nerd on. What are ya gonna do?

You've got a very short memory about Colorado. I remember Cally taking an underdog Husker team to Boulder and spanked them very well. About the early part of the 4th Q, a whole section of the student seating was removed by security for throwing plastic bags of urine at our fans/players. That's as low as I've ever seen for a fanbase. Nothing I've seen from Iowa even comes close.

I know Colorado was bad but mainly a bunch of spoiled rich kids that went to school there that acted like dipshits. Iowa fans are complete asses and they have incredible hatred toward Nebraska.

The best player in the country is playing for Stanford,that is a tall order for Iowa or any defense.I am pulling for the Hawks,because I live and work with them.We have a very good spirited debate on many things besides sports.I get bent on fans who make it a Hate view,when I have seen some our fans just as bad in being over-reactive to wins and losses.The BC years made me take a hard look at how I treat other fans and their teams.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
The best player in the country is playing for Stanford,that is a tall order for Iowa or any defense.I am pulling for the Hawks,because I live and work with them.We have a very good spirited debate on many things besides sports.I get bent on fans who make it a Hate view,when I have seen some our fans just as bad in being over-reactive to wins and losses.The BC years made me take a hard look at how I treat other fans and their teams.

Such a good post. I did the same thing. In many ways the Callahan years were good for our fan base. It made us realize that there was more to life than football, and that you'll be remembered a lot more for how you treated people than you will for your favorite team's W-L record.

Iowa fans are us...living in a state that starts with an "I" instead of an "N." Colorado fans were douchebags that are So-Cal kids having fun with mom and dad's dough until they get tired of smoking reefer in their 13th semester.

ADVERTISEMENT