ADVERTISEMENT

who's going to Purdue game?

Jul 17, 2015
Never been there before, but on Halloween I'm going. Section 106 is in the visitor's side and where I'm leaning on sitting. I hear you can get too close to the field. Any recommendations on what row would be ideal or any other tips unique to the West Lafayette experience?

Thanks!
Keith

Went 2 years ago and had a blast. Tailgated in a giant field not far from stadium (sorry, don't remember name) and partied a lot at Harry's Chocolate bar. Lots of bars in walking distance from Harry's. Have fun. Hope you didn't spend too much on your tix. We paid $11 each and they came down even farther closer to game day.

Went 2 years ago and had a blast. Tailgated in a giant field not far from stadium (sorry, don't remember name) and partied a lot at Harry's Chocolate bar. Lots of bars in walking distance from Harry's. Have fun. Hope you didn't spend too much on your tix. We paid $11 each and they came down even farther closer to game day.
Well, I'm looking online, and in the section/row I'm considering, they want approximately $100 per ticket. Could a husker fan do way better to buy tickets at the game?

Well, I'm looking online, and in the section/row I'm considering, they want approximately $100 per ticket. Could a husker fan do way better to buy tickets at the game?
If you're one of those fans that just have to have a ticket and have to sit in good seats, you do whatever you want. Me/my group are not those fans. We waited until a few weeks before the game and bought endzone seats for $11 each on stubhub. Mainly because we had a huge group is why we went endzone. About a week after we bought them, they came down to about $4 each.

Just trying to help you, but if it were me, there's no way I'd pay $100/ticket for Purdue. You can find way, way cheaper seats.

There is no way you should pay anything over face value for a ticket and even face value might be looking pretty high compared to the market value in the week(s) leading up to the game. Most likely you will just need a ticket to get you in and then you can pick a better unoccupied seat once you get in.

Reactions: bigboxes
Reactions: bigboxes
There is no way you should pay anything over face value for a ticket and even face value might be looking pretty high compared to the market value in the week(s) leading up to the game. Most likely you will just need a ticket to get you in and then you can pick a better unoccupied seat once you get in.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:IBM:F15:F05:&linkID=purdue&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FB&cgc=

There's the link to buy tickets from Purdue. $75/ticket will get you a great seat and if you wait for the secondary market that late into the season you'll be able to score the same tickets for less than that.

Not saying I'm going to the game, but I wanted to thank you for coming to our board and sharing the info. Very cool.

I thought two years ago (is that when NU played there?) I saw tickets for 1.50 even. No joke

Not saying I'm going to the game, but I wanted to thank you for coming to our board and sharing the info. Very cool.

No problem. Unfortunately you are seeing our program at its lowest point right now and fan interest is minimal for the product we're getting. Traditionally, Purdue football is more towards the middle-of-the-pack than the cellar but they've made some poor choices since the Tiller days. If they ever get back on track and prove to at least be competitive then you won't see the absurdly low prices we have been seeing and probably will see again this year.

I have the utmost respect for Nebraska fans though and have no issues giving information to help you guys get to and into the game.

My son and I went two years ago and absolutely enjoyed the day in West Lafayette, even got to hold the mallet for the "World's Largest Drum" , went to the Pep Rally inside Mackey Arena too. We stayed in Danville, IL the night before the game, had dinner at "The Beef House" and drove up the next morning. Was just like a piece of Americana driving thru the little towns where people had their flags up so forth. I've driven through Indiana many times going back and forth between Omaha and Cincinnati but this is the first time I got off the beaten path (I-74). If I weren't going to be in California two weeks prior I'd be more than excited to go back to WL again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT