Sep 21, 2020
Bobby D's Diacofense:

PPG: 36.4
YPG: 436.2

Eric "Take it on the Chin" Chinander
2018-2019

PPG: 30.0
YPG: 411.5

**UN Defense stats did improve from 2018 to 2019, but some is attributable from defeating MSU 9-6 in a sloppy snow bowl. But that remains an excellent win though especially in EL.
Also, Chins does benefit from a much better Offense from Frost who is able to keep the ball away from the opposing teams.

So.... Who's better?

What's the over/Under in Lincoln? 100?

Last edited:
I think this sums up best how Diaco operates:

“There’s no reasonable reason, considering where the defensive program was at, to believe that they should be able to do everything that needs to be done in the game to win the game, the strain was spectacular right? So we could just go back and look at the game. Do you see the strain? Do you see it? Or no? Is it just something that I’m missing? You can't play a game like that and win, right? So the things happen in the game created an impossible circumstance to win.”

Bobby D's Diacofense:

2018-2019

**UN Defense stats did improve from 2018 to 2019, but some is attributable from defeating MSU 9-6 in a sloppy snow bowl. But that remains an excellent win though especially in EL.
Also, Chins does benefit from a much better Offense from Frost who is able to keep the ball away from the opposing teams.

So.... Who's better?

Frost offense does not keep the ball away from the opponent. In fact, the up tempo offense really hurts the defensive statistics. Diaco, coached under Riley who huddled up and snapped the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock, trying to keep the ball away from the opponent.

Diaco also inherited a defense that was pretty solid and had some talent. Nebraska was #33 in total defense the year before Diaco got to town, we were #116 under Diaco.

Chins has been bad, Diaco was MUCH worse.

If you don't like that one, here's another one on his philosophy:

"We're really honing in on and harping on the overall understanding of what it means to defend and be a defender," Diaco said. "So we've taken the imagery of Batman. We have video on the overhead and went through it all and talked about how Batman has no special powers, he's just a regular guy who made a decision to train and prepare and commit his life to defending."

I don't know anything about fish cakes, but he does:

"Common thought might be you're on the right track, this thing has turned, you have a game and a moment where the stadium storms the field and we're singing and dancing and hugging as a collective UConn Nation," Diaco said.

"And then to get off the plane in South Florida to play in the St. Petersburg Bowl ... it would be easy to say we're just going to pick up where we left off. But you grab the fish oil. Now you have fish cake. The jar of vanilla looks very similar to the jar of fish oil. It would be very easy to do, but how different it would taste. It would be a completely different product altogether. It's important that with even one new ingredient, one new change, that we re-put the whole thing back together."

Bobby D's Diacofense:

2018-2019

So.... Who's better?

I like my coaches to know how to use a microphone.

Bobby D's Diacofense:

2018-2019

So.... Who's better?

MSU game was not a sloppy snow bowl, it might have snowed that day but it was the wind which made it more difficult for either team to air it out...

Hope you can out score Iowa the first week..

Reactions: atlboiIer2156
MSU game was not a sloppy snow boil it might have snowed that day but it was the wind which made it more difficult for either team to air it out...

Hope you can out score Iowa the first week..
Brohm owns Ferentz. We are 2-1 would have won last year if not for losing QB1 and Rondale. Rondale would have been good for 1 more TD and we lost by 6.

This year, with Bell and Moore on the field together, we look to take them down at home.

Reactions: Skerz81
Might want to check this out. Snow makes its first appearance early in the 4th quarter. What little offense there was that day came mostly after the flurries started:

Michigan State at Nebraska
There you go again with facts. I'm going to start my own poll: Do you think OP will watch the link Schuele posted and admit he's talking out of his ass? YES or NO?

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
I start with the belief that I'm glad that Frost is our coach. He's stumbled badly but even at this point I wouldn't trade him for another run of the mill candidate who has no history here. Working backwards from there, Diaco single-handedly is responsible for Frost ending up here. We put an even slightly better defense on the field in 2017 we probably win two more games, go to a bowl, keep Riley, and watch Frost go to Florida. So thanks Bob, you're just the crappy d-coordinator that we needed at a crucial time.

Might want to check this out. Snow makes its first appearance early in the 4th quarter. What little offense there was that day came mostly after the flurries started:

Michigan State at Nebraska
There you go again with facts. I'm going to start my own poll: Do you think OP will watch the link Schuele posted and admit he's talking out of his ass? YES or NO?
OK, so it wasn't a snow bowl. But it did snow enough to affect the game in the end.

It was still sloppy: 8 total turnovers, a miffed punt, tons of dropped passes.

But I get your point and no, it wasn't a snow bowl. I was wrong about that.

Reactions: mgbreis
Chins. His players play hard for him. We were much improved on defense last year over 2018.
Chins defense is better. Also it is new era of college football with so many advantages for the offense so numbers are skewed from comparison years ago when games were regularly decided 17-14 or 24-20. Now days scores 38-31 or 42-35.
Also look at Bo’s defense this weekend against the pass at LSU ( with stud athletes) - Miss ST set passing record.
we will be fine with chins - just go play ball

Diaco was once the National Assistant Coach of the year and had two top 5 defenses in the nation, including the #1 defense in the country.
He was a one time a great DC. Seems to me it doesn’t matter who the DC is at Nebraska anymore, they are getting scored on by everyone.

Diaco was once the National Assistant Coach of the year and had two top 5 defenses in the nation, including the #1 defense in the country.
He was a one time a great DC. Seems to me it doesn’t matter who the DC is at Nebraska anymore, they are getting scored on by everyone.

Bo Pelini had awesome defenses, too, when the D line contained Suh and /or Crick and the pass rush was a given coming out of the front 4.

Now he's giving up 56 points to the South Dakota Coyotes and 600 some yards through the air to MSU.

EVkOj6RXgAcQvZb.jpg

your dad hates you.

Nebraska's team defense rankings since joining the B1G conference:

Banker's the only one to coordinate a top-35 defense...I wonder if anyone can pick out Diaco's year?

Last edited:
Reactions: tpmcg and headcard
Nebraska's team defense rankings since joining the conference:

Banker's the only one to coordinate a top-35 defense...I wonder if anyone can pick out Diaco's year?
interesting to be reminded of that or how bo was regressing - for a guru.
chinander needs to create a upward trend, here.
another 20 spots up the rankings would be helpful.

Brohm owns Ferentz. We are 2-1 would have won last year if not for losing QB1 and Rondale. Rondale would have been good for 1 more TD and we lost by 6.

This year, with Bell and Moore on the field together, we look to take them down at home.
I’m a fan of anyone that beats the chicken hawks. Bonus points for a blow out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT