ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have thought that Frost would have been a bust?

If you would have told me the defense would be ahead of the offense after year three, I would have been extremely worried as an opposing fan. I don’t see any sign that the offense is going to catch up. Then, 2022 is a restart for the defense in a sense so it will take a step back. Will the offense take a step forward?

If our offense is going to continue to suck, our D is gonna get gassed. It doesn't matter how talented they are and how many are returning if they are out there all the time. This team may implode this next year. I would not count on amart to be the savior of Scott Frost.

To me Frost just seems bland. Milk toast. UCF was a non power 5 school who used that juice to be world beaters. Sort of. Expectations at a power 5 school are suffocating for some, especially at a school with a storied not so distant past. Frost looks like he can’t create the juice to get players to go all in. He’s suffocating instead of going all in as well. Just my opinion.

I’m the same I was all in for frost and I know they’ve had all sorts of issues but no more excuses, I almost think he’s trying to relive 1997 I don’t like the revolving door of coaches but if Nebraska doesn’t go a minimum of 500 he’ll be fired he’s just spinning his wheels

Reactions: CatColumbia
To me Frost just seems bland. Milk toast. UCF was a non power 5 school who used that juice to be world beaters. Sort of. Expectations at a power 5 school are suffocating for some, especially at a school with a storied not so distant past. Frost looks like he can’t create the juice to get players to go all in. He’s suffocating instead of going all in as well. Just my opinion.

Frost's career has been a lot of luck and good timing. He was handed the keys to Chip Kelly's offense in its prime with Marcus Mariota at QB. Then he took over a UCF program that was only a couple years removed from a BCS Bowl and had been instilled with discipline from George O'Leary, and had tons of athletes on the roster.

This program needed a guy like Matt Campbell. Frost was the wrong fit at the wrong time.

Frost's career has been a lot of luck and good timing. He was handed the keys to Chip Kelly's offense in its prime with Marcus Mariota at QB. Then he took over a UCF program that was only a couple years removed from a BCS Bowl and had been instilled with discipline from George O'Leary, and had tons of athletes on the roster.

This program needed a guy like Matt Campbell. Frost was the wrong fit at the wrong time.

I agree. Everywhere he has been he has been in a good situation or with a roster that has already been recruited for. Nebraska is his first rebuilding job and he appears that he’s in over his head.

Who would have thought that Chins would have been a decent DC? It's like bizarro world.

I was very excited, he was our top choice. However, after it was revealed he was to bring his whole Sunbelt staff with him, I realized it could get bumpy. A young inexperienced staff at small schools isn't ideal for a new HC heading into his 3rd year as a HC and 1st year in a major conference.

Reactions: TailDragger99
One thing we had with Tom Osborne was that he was the smartest man in the room, pretty much every room he was ever in.

Our current coach, while full of want, charisma, achievements, is not.

It really matters in my opinion.
Even he had growing pains when he took over for Devaney even with a loaded cupboard of talent and a NC staff which which helped ease his transition and is something Frost never had when he got here. Hypothetically speaking as an example had Frost taken over for Osborne after he retired, he would've found success as he would've stepped into a ready made product unlike the dumpster fire he took over from Riley and the other former HC's! This is fact.

Even he had growing pains when he took over for Devaney even with a loaded cupboard of talent and a NC staff which which helped ease his transition and is something Frost never had when he got here. Hypothetically speaking as an example had Frost taken over for Osborne after he retired, he would've found success as he would've stepped into a ready made product unlike the dumpster fire he took over from Riley and the other former HC's! This is fact.

One got their Phd at 28 as an assistant coach after playing in NFL a few years.

The other...

He does Florida-Georgia lines with a dribble of brown juice out the corner of his mouth.

Both are/were coaches.

One is very smart, one is a good ole boy.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I wanted him here as much as anyone. Now I will pay his moving expenses if he would leave town permanently. In three years he has shown that he has no clue how to compete with winning teams. Just rewatch the Illinois game, puke and realize we are screwed.

Yep. The Illinois game was eerily similar to Minnesota 2019. Not a single player showed up for either.

Ha! Me too. Literally the first play of the Illinois game. I didn’t even get mad. I felt myself accept the fact that Nebraska sucked at football.

I've had the best primary care physician of my life for the past 20 years. He played Div II basketball and was offered a football scholarship to three Big Sky schools. He knows sports. I just got my yearly physical yesterday. He always gives me a bad time about the Huskers. This time I did not even engage with him on this topic. I literally don't know what to say. I've run out of excuses and expectations.

I've had the best primary care physician of my life for the past 20 years. He played Div II basketball and was offered a football scholarship to three Big Sky schools. He knows sports. I just got my yearly physical yesterday. He always gives me a bad time about the Huskers. This time I did not even engage with him on this topic. I literally don't know what to say. I've run out of excuses and expectations.

It would be nice to be able to tell people that we are on our way back. I've run out of excuses. It's embarrassing to be a Husker fan these days.

Reactions: Wasker77
One got their Phd at 28 as an assistant coach after playing in NFL a few years.

The other...

He does Florida-Georgia lines with a dribble of brown juice out the corner of his mouth.

Both are/were coaches.

One is very smart, one is a good ole boy.
Frost did go to Stanford... He's no dummy. Not the IQ of Tom but he's not stupid.

Ha! Me too. Literally the first play of the Illinois game. I didn’t even get mad. I felt myself accept the fact that Nebraska sucked at football.

I wrote this before, but why would you throw a backwards pass on the first play of a game! I think the Huskers did it twice. Has Scott ever been asked why?

This is a really strange post

I am not sure I want to talk football with the guy who has his finger in by ass and hands on my sack annually. I keep thinking I should get dinner first.

hqdefault.jpg

This is a really strange post

Well I will try to explain, but maybe you just cannot understand anything outside of your scope of things. I don't live in Nebraska, not sure if you do or do not. Since I don't live in Nebraska I run across people all the time who could careless about the Huskers. Most of them are Husky or Cougar fans as I do live in Washington (by the way there is no "R" in Washington"). It is also no secret that the Huskers have not played well under Scott Frost whom I was pretty excited about getting hired as the Nebraska coach. So these people, such as my doctor, sometimes like to see if I will react when they say something about the Huskers. I also included the information about what a good athlete my doc is so you would know he was not some guy who knows nothing about sports. As I wrote before I have run out of excuses. I have nothing to say about the Huskers until they start winning. All the rest of the stuff is just smoke and mirrors. The Huskers need to start winning. They have become a punching bag of college football. The national news that runs about 30 seconds during the commercial breaks on Fox Sports Radio included the news this afternoon that Luke was entering the Transfer Portal. It was not broadcasted as an achievement by the program rather than to show how far it has fallen.

Who would have thought that Chins would have been a decent DC? It's like bizarro world.
This sounds like a Paulie Walnuts comment from the vintage Sopranos episodes. To make such a statement is just trying to antagonize folks. Big Boxes you are a respected poster, what is this anyway???

I wanted him here as much as anyone. Now I will pay his moving expenses if he would leave town permanently. In three years he has shown that he has no clue how to compete with winning teams. Just rewatch the Illinois game, puke and realize we are screwed.
Was it the Illinois game where their coach claimed it was the biggest win of his career and was promptly fired at the end of the season?

Reactions: rrthusker
Like Adrian at QB, Frost has the WORST headcoaching record at Nebraska in the modern era (ie., Devaney forward) and is the most highly paid headcoach at Nebraska in all history.

Now people can make all the excuses they want and/or rationalize the losses BUT that is the factual statistic.

Thought Husker fans treated Mike Riley unfairly from day 1. He deserved better.

Matter of opinion..Wasn’t my idea to hire him and the majority of the fan base would have never hired him after Pelini, but incompetent AD did so we where supppose to treat him better for his bone headed decision..

Matter of opinion..Wasn’t my idea to hire him and the majority of the fan base would have never hired him after Pelini, but incompetent AD did so we where supppose to treat him better for his bone headed decision..
Well Riley should NEVER have been hired period. He only got hired because Eichorst figured he could control Riley. He had a very bad pre-existing track record over decades. Frost apparently is a mistake as well but at least he previously had a winning season and was in demand by several schools so we were all fooled. Neither has delivered crap at Nebraska.

Well Riley should NEVER have been hired period. He had a bad pre-existing track record. Frost apparently is a mistake as well but at least he previously had a winning season and was in demand by several schools. Neither delivered crap at Nebraska.

You hit the nail on the head and darn near every true Nebraska fan was wanting wanting him to lead us back to prominence..

Reactions: bshirt73
Well Riley should NEVER have been hired period. He only got hired because Eichorst figured he could control Riley. He had a very bad pre-existing track record over decades. Frost apparently is a mistake as well but at least he previously had a winning season and was in demand by several schools so we were all fooled. Neither has delivered crap at Nebraska.

You could do a lot worse than Mike Riley. Regardless of what you think of him he is a good coach.

Probably not the right fit for the Big Ten (too many years on the west coast), but if Riley was still in Lincoln he would certainly have gotten more wins out of the team.

Riley is also a highly respected guy amongst coaching circles. Nebraska lost a lot of credibility for their treatment of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT