ADVERTISEMENT

Who will lead our team?

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
The Colin Miller thread along with Wandale quitting got me thinking about who our leaders are as we move forward.

I think we certainly have some, but do we have enough?
Will each position group have enough guys to hold their unit accountable?

Putting aside talent or depth, the internal leadership is a big X factor.

Reactions: headcard
Scott Frost's alter ego
tenor.gif

does the culture of frost being more friendly with the players not allow the players to hold each other accountable since the head guy is more buddy buddy?

You all say CTB. I have no idea if he’d be good or not. Being the best player does NOT mean you’d be a good captain. Does anyone think JD would have been good? Great player (for us) but wasn’t exactly leadership material. I want guys that aren’t afraid to get in someone’s face for not puting in the work or holding them accountable for stupid mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatColumbia
You don't understand sports if you think that is the case.
Not saying leaders are pointless. I’m saying the guy at the top dictates culture. People talk about chemistry all the time like you gotta be friends with each other. Nope. Just do your job. You think the Patriots players need each other to hold themselves accountable? No. Do you think Nick saban relies on his players for leadership? No. They know if they slack off they don’t play. Not because a teammate “got in their face” as so many people think works.

The Colin Miller thread along with Wandale quitting got me thinking about who our leaders are as we move forward.

I think we certainly have some, but do we have enough?
Will each position group have enough guys to hold their unit accountable?

Putting aside talent or depth, the internal leadership is a big X factor.

Looks like it's going to have to be Toure, love his attitude. There doesn't seem to be any existing leaders returning.

Not saying leaders are pointless. I’m saying the guy at the top dictates culture. People talk about chemistry all the time like you gotta be friends with each other. Nope. Just do your job. You think the Patriots players need each other to hold themselves accountable? No. Do you think Nick saban relies on his players for leadership? No. They know if they slack off they don’t play. Not because a teammate “got in their face” as so many people think works.

Good point, team leadership mainly applies to off season conditioning and self workouts.

Good point, team leadership mainly applies to off season conditioning and self workouts.
A good coach can make his players work even if they aren’t around. When Collin Miller mentions guys not lifting then I think that looks bad on not only Frost but Duval as well. And it’s not a rumor guys aren’t lifting Collin Miller literally said it. So that’s a red flag.

ADVERTISEMENT