ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the Texas QB Coach?

Sam declared for the draft
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerDubby
Sam declared for the draft
Herman getting fired probably had a lot to do with that. The kid loved Texas football and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to stay an extra year if it wasn't for his head coach getting fired.

Not sure many, if any, players will follow Herman anywhere. He was not a player's coach
I think he was a player's coach at one point, but things weren't going as well as hoped and it started blowing up in his face. I think the same thing may end up happening with Frost if he wants to turn things around. He'll either have to choose to continue to be a nice guy and perform poorly or be a dick to get the player's to perform how he wants. This is the danger of being a player's coach.

Herman getting fired probably had a lot to do with that. The kid loved Texas football and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to stay an extra year if it wasn't for his head coach getting fired.
Yeah I'm sure it had nothing to do with his draft position.

Reactions: HuskerPower10
Some speculate the reason for the coaching change was due to lack of QB production in Austin.

Herman came in way too cocky from the start and didn't produce enough wins against teams he "should" have beaten. His abrasive personality didn't mesh well with the players, media, and the big money guys. He really pissed off the big donors with the handling of "The Eyes of Texas", especially evident after the Oklahoma game.

Reactions: 9and4
Herman came in way too cocky from the start and didn't produce enough wins against teams he "should" have beaten. His abrasive personality didn't mesh well with the players, media, and the big money guys. He really pissed off the big donors with the handling of "The Eyes of Texas", especially evident after the Oklahoma game.
And as Husker fans know, you can do much worse. Herman had a decent record at Texas and didn't deserve to get fired. But you brought in a drunkard instead to replace him. Good luck with that!

Reactions: scarletred
Can't remember where I heard it, but it was also said he didn't make a good impression with the in-state HS coaches, and "big-time" them quite a bit.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Can't remember where I heard it, but it was also said he didn't make a good impression with the in-state HS coaches, and "big-time" them quite a bit.

I can believe that. There were rumors of Herman "big leaguing" Bru McCoy (transferred to USC) in the hallways of the football facility. His abrasive personality wore thin any support he ever had.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT