ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the most well-known football player from your hometown?

My second hometown, Rapid City, is proud of one of the best known pros, Adam Vinatieri, who at 45 years old has been in the league for an amazing 20 years. Of course, he’s a kicker so I should add the best known non-kicker and that would be Husker and pro great, John Dutton. As good as John was in football, he was probably an even better hoops player in high school. Talk about a man among boys.

Last edited:
Kenny Wilson, Brandon Hagan, Ben Eisenhart

Most well-known might have to go to Brandon Hagan, as he set the state record for rushing yards in a game (537) and averaged 297.1 per game over the season and finished with 2,971 rushing yards in 1999.

There was some controversy with his stats for one game that made the record controversial.

Ben Eisenhart ended up being a walk-on for the Huskers and played a lot on special teams and some safety. He earned a scholarship at the start of his red-shirt junior year and ended up starting one game at safety, against Kansas State, in 2007.

Leveon Bell. My daughters played in the marching band and Bell was the tailback. Watched him for 2 years for Groveport Ohio. The P.A. announcer mispronounced name and his mom would yell the correct name. Became a great game between the 2 of them.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Al Bundy.
There needs to be a 200 likes button.
062bcca4c4e26e27dc3c420f60a7f936--al-bundy-fun-stuff.jpg

Well, my high school was less than 60 kids so..., but lived close to McCook so Jeff Kinney would be the man there. Later, I lived in Goodland, KS and knew Brook Berringer and hosted Ron Brown on a recruiting visit and also met with Tom when he came to watch Brook play basketball.

Nate Meier.
My son wrestled against Nate when he was in grade school. He was a stud. I was shocked to find out he didn't wrestle in high school, but was a good basketball player. A friend coached him in high school and told me the kid was the best athlete he had coached and was good at anything he did.

Bret Clark
Same here.

interesting note. sayers was born in wichita, but sanders is still the best player from doodah.

hometown is omaha, so whomever the consensus is for omaha, id agree with that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT