ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the first blackshirt to throw the Bones?

bg red planet

Jun 8, 2010
I first remember them talking about it in mid nineties when they tried outlawing celebrations but who did it first?

Just a guess, but I'd say the "Sandman", Broderick Thomas..
This post was edited on 3/12 8:27 AM by hamneggs53

That's unknown to me, but it's something I could envision Danny Noonan having done.

Benard Thomas in the press conference when he said he'd break the Husker sack record

Originally posted by xbluehawk:
Benard Thomas in the press conference when he said he'd break the Husker sack record
Didn't he end up with a grand total of like 2 that year? At least he had a gold tooth, that was pretty sweet.

Edit, I could have him mixed up with Broderick, always got those two confused.
This post was edited on 3/12 9:57 AM by litespeedhuskerfan

I don't remember on the throwing bones, but one of my favorite Huskers of all time, Mike Brown made the fist to the palm famous (at least to me) when he would lay a hard hit on a player.

Loved him.

I remember first seeing the image of the skull and cross bones on a tshirt with the Grateful Red slogan in the late eighties. I would guess it originated sometime around 87' or 88' but I'm not completely sure.

Didn't Connealy throw the bones after he sacked Costa right at the end of the Orange Bowl?

The first one that I can think of is Brodrick Thomas and for what it's worth I've been watching Nebraska football since 1963....

Not saying my memory is any better now a days.

Anybody remember when T-magic threw the bones after his first running touchdown against Western Kentucky? Then after Prince Amukamara heard about it and goes, "He did?..Oh we'll have to fix that"

From my memory the first I saw it was a young Nebraska player, I don't remember his name, but he started doing that in High School as an honor to his father who had passed away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT