ADVERTISEMENT

Who should I vote for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol They all suck. It really doesn't matter. Anyone that says otherwise is blinded by party politics. Far to often people vote for a party. I think parties need to be gone away with. It would force people to listen to the issues and the person. Until then it doesn't matter. So close your eyes and pick.

Last edited:
lol They all suck. It really doesn't matter. Anyone that says otherwise is blinded by party politics. Far to often people vote for a party. I think parties need to be gone away with. It would force people to listen to the issues and the person. Until then it doesn't matter. So close your eyes and pick.

This time 10,000.

If you don’t know, don’t vote.

I never know anything about the judges, so I leave it blank. We just moved a year ago, so I don’t know anybody running for school board. I asked a couple people that have been here awhile, have kids and that I respect for their opinion. I only voted for 2 people, when I could have chose 3.

If you don’t know anything about Bacon or Eastman, don’t vote for either of them. Or vote for whoever ran less annoying ads.

But most importantly, nobody should vote. You’re all idiots. And that includes myself. Who’s a hypocrite, because I voted.

Reactions: husker2612
original

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
If you don’t know, don’t vote.

I never know anything about the judges, so I leave it blank. We just moved a year ago, so I don’t know anybody running for school board. I asked a couple people that have been here awhile, have kids and that I respect for their opinion. I only voted for 2 people, when I could have chose 3.

If you don’t know anything about Bacon or Eastman, don’t vote for either of them. Or vote for whoever ran less annoying ads.

But most importantly, nobody should vote. You’re all idiots. And that includes myself. Who’s a hypocrite, because I voted.
It is just a rigged system in place to make "the people" feel like they are in control of what is going on. In reality it doesn't matter if Dems are in control or Reps are in control. The men behind the curtain controls the show and what happens. That is why nothing really every changes no matter which party has control. Look at all the promises Obama made, Trump made. How much of it came true.

Nice chum gif.. so let’s see if I can get this locked.. your choices are as follows: Republicans, wars are free. Democrats, entitlements are free. Both spend through the roof so they are the same. Previous presidential election, Republicans overlook a candidates affairs, multiple bankruptcies and that he makes fun of veterans and POWs... Democrats overlook candidate being a horrible human being, feeling above the law with her email use and tons of other crap. So again, they are the same... current economic growth over the past two years has been roughly the same percentage jump as during the first two years of the previous president. So again, no difference...

As with most politics now, it isn’t about what the candidates can do, it is about who you hate more. So toss a coin and it won’t matter either way...

Nice chum gif.. so let’s see if I can get this locked.. your choices are as follows: Republicans, wars are free. Democrats, entitlements are free. Both spend through the roof so they are the same. Previous presidential election, Republicans overlook a candidates affairs, multiple bankruptcies and that he makes fun of veterans and POWs... Democrats overlook candidate being a horrible human being, feeling above the law with her email use and tons of other crap. So again, they are the same... current economic growth over the past two years has been roughly the same percentage jump as during the first two years of the previous president. So again, no difference...

As with most politics now, it isn’t about what the candidates can do, it is about who you hate more. So toss a coin and it won’t matter either way...

Disagree...democrats historically are the most globalist entity that attempts at every step of the way to engage us in foreign conflict. This can be bad or great...our control over international trade via our carrier force is one of the main reasons for our massive power. Our positioning in the middle east and western europe has allowed us great bargaining power in these regions. As has our involvement in Korea, Japan, Laos, Philippines, Vietnam. We basically haven't had a material shortage of any kind since the 1980s and this is due to our positioning globally. President Obama broke the sovereignty of 15 nations during his time in office, and killed maybe 20k people with drone strikes. I find the republicans to be much more erratic in their foreign policy...George Bush I was somewhat restrained, George Bush II was nuts, Trump is isolationist and has no desire to be involved in foreign affairs. Clinton and Obama were pretty similar in their shared belief that global power and positioning made us stronger at home. On the entitlement front I would say both sides offer massive entitlements in order to provide stability to the nation. Dems provide it to the poor in order to attempt to keep us in a relative era of peace and prosperity, crime rates were 2x higher in the 90s, and the inflow of entitlements has no doubt allowed for more opportunities for the poor. Reps believe in entitlements for the corporate and farm entities. This also supports peace and prosperity. But both systems are abused, The financial and corporate world finds loopholes that allow them massive wealth that they do not trickle down, and poor individuals use the entitlement system in the same way, to renege of responsibilities to society. The reason the country doesn't change much is that these two ideologies balanced each other out. A repub will come in a piss off the globe and go isolationist and then a dem will come in and kiss ass and compromise globally but keep their tendrils in the action...same goes for entitlements. The scary shit is when both sides begin to "pitchfork" around looking for scapegoats, or groups to eliminate...ie...the rich, the ceo, the mexican, the gangster, the welfare mom, the black...for the most part the parties have steered clear of this crap...hopefully it continues.

I left over half my ballot blank because I had no idea who they were or where they stood on the issues.

They need to put real issues on the ballot like who was better '71 Huskers or '95 Huskers? I'd vote for '71.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
My only advice is not to trust ANYONE that took your question seriously and took the time to give you an earnest answer. We'd all be better off if everyone just voted and got back to their life. People are consumed by this garbage and it ain't healthy. My life never changes no matter who wins.

Vote on what values you hold as the most impactful.

My very first filter is the life issue. Then it's national security and sovereignty, then it's the economy. I choose whom I think will address these issues in that order the best.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
My only advice is not to trust ANYONE that took your question seriously and took the time to give you an earnest answer. We'd all be better off if everyone just voted and got back to their life. People are consumed by this garbage and it ain't healthy. My life never changes no matter who wins.
Agreed. Some people let it eat up their life. Life is too short to let some politician ruin it. It is the local races that have the most immediate impact on my life and is what I really take more seriously than the national races. I'm registered republican, but usually sit in the middle on most things, although I have probably historically voted towards republican. I've put people on ignore, on both sides of the aisle, on social media, because I can't stand the party line crap.

I think the 2 party system has been a huge detriment to our nation. I am a military retiree and it makes me sick to see the self servicing narcissists and their money grabbing. We long serving retirees gave our lives, too, but in a different way.

Last edited:
I left over half my ballot blank because I had no idea who they were or where they stood on the issues.

They need to put real issues on the ballot like who was better '71 Huskers or '95 Huskers? I'd vote for '71.

Pffft.... ‘95

I saw them both. It is very hard to choose. I put it this way: They were head and shoulders the best 2 teams in the history of CF.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
2 party system

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.” - George Washington

FAREWELL ADDRESS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 1796

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT