ADVERTISEMENT

Who should be fired

What wins of ours in the past three years has Scott Frost been responsible for? He as a head coach has not been a reason for victory once. His 10 wins are against completely inferior teams or teams that play their worst football that week against us. Frost isn't a good coach and that's evident in his choice of his assistants, his gameplan week to week, and his play calling.

The defense is not the problem.
Agree 100%. The defense wasn’t the problem in this one. They brought the wood and did enough for the offense to win the game.

Once again, the Offense committed stupid penalities, and turned the ball over at a critical time. Jurgens erratic snaps hurt us. Special teams turnover was critical as well.

Nope, not the defense fault. Held them to field goals a lot of the day.

simple things we cannot do consistently-
snap the ball. i mean, snap the goddamn ball...
not false start.
not leave dlineman totally unblocked.
kick the ball in the endzone.
punt deep.
catch a punt.
punt/kick cover.

(i dont buy any holding calls anymore, because its used so capriciously...).

Last edited:
I want a base 4-3 defense with dominating DEs like the Husker teams of old. The current 3-4 scheme never results in QB pressure unless there is a blitz. The defense played hard but I'm not a fan of this scheme which continually looks like it's playing afraid to lose and not attacking.
The game has changed. You cannot afford to have 4 slow DL on the field. You are better off having 4 backers/hybrid safeties who can cover and tackle in space. The days of the 4-3 are dying in football.

id be surprised if we see total housecleaning.
windowdressing, maybe.
it might be a different scenario if the b1g hadnt f’d up the season start and attendance.

The cost associated with firing coaches is astronomical. Not sure how many head coaches you have on the payroll right now is it still three? Not being sarcastic but it might be easier and cheaper to grab your ball and go home. In other words jump to easier conference. You left the big 12 because you were cheated and now you can leave the big 10 because you can’t compete. You have a great coach for a weak CFL or arena style football game. Find a conference that fits you! The state of Nebraska has fans that need to feel relevant there’s not much else in the state to hang your hat on. I hope you find a conference you can dominate.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
The cost associated with firing coaches is astronomical. Not sure how many head coaches you have on the payroll right now is it still three? Not being sarcastic but it might be easier and cheaper to grab your ball and go home. In other words jump to easier conference. You left the big 12 because you were cheated and now you can leave the big 10 because you can’t compete. You have a great coach for a weak CFL or arena style football game. Find a conference that fits you! The state of Nebraska has fans that need to feel relevant there’s not much else in the state to hang your hat on. I hope you find a conference you can dominate.
FO hogeye. We've got no beef with the conference, sad as it is top to bottom. We made another mistake hiring a coach. This is the second time in the last 10 years that our coach is learning on the job. And on this one, it doesn't seem like he's up to the task. We'll get the right guy. It may be five years from now though.

Reactions: tpmcg
I want a base 4-3 defense with dominating DEs like the Husker teams of old. The current 3-4 scheme never results in QB pressure unless there is a blitz. The defense played hard but I'm not a fan of this scheme which continually looks like it's playing afraid to lose and not attacking.

Interesting. And I think they are attacking too much. They didn't as much today though. Watch how our LBs make plays, they come from the backside and down the line to make the stop. We don't make many head to head stops. We take chances and guess. Iowa plays into our D scheme today.

They catch a few of those low balls and it isn't close.

Verduzco definitely needs replaced. We need a great, young QB coach. I'm on the bubble with Austin. Just hate to see the kids cycle through a bunch of assistant coaching changes again. 2021 will be a HUGE year for Frost and the future of this program!

Verduzco definitely needs replaced. We need a great, young QB coach. I'm on the bubble with Austin. Just hate to see the kids cycle through more assistant coaching changes. 2021 will be a HUGE year for Frost and the future of this program!
Save it

the program is dead

• Haha
Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Great start. Wipe out the whole staff. Also clean house in the football offices. Send the AD packing as well. Let an actual AD come in and run a real coaching search, instead of having a coach thrust on the incoming AD.
we've already done that before and it was a total disaster but another great idea by you.....roflmao

Reactions: oldjar07
The game has changed. You cannot afford to have 4 slow DL on the field. You are better off having 4 backers/hybrid safeties who can cover and tackle in space. The days of the 4-3 are dying in football.
Ohio St is a good example of a 4 down linemen defense that typically utilizes the DEs to both control the line of scrimmage and pressure the QB. Nebraska has three big DL and two OLB which ends up being not great at stopping either the run or pass. I believe we have the personnel to more effectively run a 4-3 than the 3-4.

ADVERTISEMENT