ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the 5th best team in the BIG

IdahoHuskerFan

Walk On
Sep 20, 2023
Depending how you feel about Rutgers vs Wisconsin one could argue that the top 5 teams in the conference are all in the east

absolutely no excuse for not winning at least 6 games playing in our division which this year has to be the worst collection in college football history.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Maryland's offense is going to give everyone fits - including those 3. Would not be shocked to see Maryland upset one of those top 3 teams in the East.

The sad part is that the B1G West sucks -no other way to put it. The current setup of the divisions is an effing JOKE
I agree. Maryland could surprise some teams. Indiana looks like the worst team in the B1G.

Reactions: BleedRed78
100% Nebraska needs to go back to the Big 12 if they ever want to be respectable again.
How is that going to help? We won't face anyone the caliber of Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, or USC, but if we can't win the B1G west division, why would we do any better against Big 12 teams?

How is that going to help? We won't face anyone the caliber of Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, or USC, but if we can't win the B1G west division, why would we do any better against Big 12 teams?
NU would do marginally better in the Big 12 sans OU and Texas. You just named four top 10 teams with elite talent that NU wouldn’t have to face anymore. Swapping out those teams for old Big 8 rivals and some former G5 schools and PAC 12 schools is a hell of a lot better than a B1G that is about to be significantly more difficult.

NU would do marginally better in the Big 12 sans OU and Texas. You just named four top 10 teams with elite talent that NU wouldn’t have to face anymore. Swapping out those teams for old Big 8 rivals and some former G5 schools and PAC 12 schools is a hell of a lot better than a B1G that is about to be significantly more difficult.
So we play in a weaker, watered down conference to get more wins? We should want to compete against the best teams.

Reactions: pascal
Maryland's offense is going to give everyone fits - including those 3. Would not be shocked to see Maryland upset one of those top 3 teams in the East.

The sad part is that the B1G West sucks -no other way to put it. The current setup of the divisions is an effing JOKE
I'm afraid the population game is catching up with Nebraska - IF it hasn't outpaced us yet...

Watched most of the second half of the MSU @ Iowa game. I will be stunned if the Huskers lose to MSU. They are terrible and their Quarterback Kim can't hit the barn door. Don't know how Ferentz has won as many games as he has. Probably because the West has been so bad. He is such a cautious coach. He rides the brakes more than any other coach. Purdue had 35 points or more scored against them by both Syracuse and Wisconsin. How good can they be? Then today Illinois lost pretty significantly to Purdue. I would say Wisconsin is easily the best team in the West. I still believe after today that the Huskers can win more games than they lose if they don't make dumb mistakes. Robinson going offsides and Sherman getting a PF on the same play when the D was going to stop Michigan and force a punt are vivid examples of the Huskers shooting themselves in the foot. Cut out the BS and play smart. I don't think they have to play beyond their ability to go 5-2 the last seven games.

Coaches can be smarter too. Maybe run a true I formation option play on 4th and 1 every now and again. Running the quarterback straight up into a loaded box from the gun might be asking too much of this team.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
100% Nebraska needs to go back to the Big 12 if they ever want to be respectable again.
The dumbest thing I've read all day. If you just want wins why limit the Huskers to just going back to the Big 12? If it is strictly about wins maybe the Huskers can join the Patriot League or if you want wins and nice scenery, I suggest the Big Sky Conference. Obviously, you are not concerned with how much money Nebraska gets from the BIG. Let the Huskers just play bad teams and get easy wins. That will show the world how good they are. Get them into a bowl. (Hey, I hear Lafayette and Idaho are pretty tough).

Put Nebraska a few spots lower next year as more superior programs join the B1G.
I have been totally on board from the beginning with the move to the Big. Now with additional powerhouse teams coming in from the Pac the mountain got exponentially steeper. We love our Huskers but I’m afraid the population differential between us and the teams to our east and teams to our west will be too much to overcome. A 75,000 seat stadium will make it easier to keep the sellout streak alive but I don’t think it’s going to be possible to get to the level of relevance we all want. We can be good again but is “good“ good enough. Money is not a bad thing though.

Last edited:
Depending how you feel about Rutgers vs Wisconsin one could argue that the top 5 teams in the conference are all in the east

absolutely no excuse for not winning at least 6 games playing in our division which this year has to be the worst collection in college football history.
Not us

I'm afraid the population game is catching up with Nebraska - IF it hasn't outpaced us yet...
Well, with the B1G being a coast-to-coast conference, there are new (or perhaps different) areas for recruiting.

Nebraska still has a name. Look at what/how Franklin is able to recruit at State Penn after what happened there. Did Nebraska have recruiting reach into the East Coast or the West Coast? Being able to play in these parts of the country can have a positive effect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT