ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Richard Torres ?

So either Scott Frost developed QBs or he didn't. What I can see is that he was responsible for the development of Marcus Mariota and partially responsible for the development of McKenzie Milton. Partially because he was the HC and had a QB coach in the nutty professor. Many on here are praising him for his development of QB, I just don't see it.
OGC.84d1e6933546dbeaf11819a08b30cdc8

Hate on the kid? You're reading into this too much. His team is not good. There is likely not another D1 player in his entire district. What am I supposed to deduce from tape in which he's running around 15 yards behind his midget o-line throwing half blind sling shots downfield to slow receivers bumped off their routes?
If that's all true, then his passing statistics for 2020 are pretty amazing: 7 games, 1,149 passing yards for 18 TDs with 5 INTs.

Reactions: saltsdogg
So this escalated. I was just posting to explain my position, the one in which you couldn't understand. I now see you're heavily invested in NU getting Richard Torres in Lincoln. I hope you get your wish.

No, I’m not against it or exactly for it either. But if he does commit and ends up being a Husker, then awesome. GBR

I’m not even sure he’s our top QB prospect as of right now. We have a few others we are in on too. Maybe we take 2 this class....maybe we take 1? Who knows really knows?

Main point, the man has an absolute cannon for an arm and stands 6’6 210 pounds. Now, no one in this thread is saying Torres will be the next Heisman winner or even the next Elway, Peyton Manning or any QBs like that. In this thread, from what I read, most people are saying he looks like a solid QB prospect and with time and development, he could end up being a solid QB. That’s it. There is no reason to knock the young man. He’d be coming in after H Haarberg and Top 250 4 star Logan Smothers. There would be plenty of time to development him.

Reactions: Reditus
I would like to congratulate Oklahoma on nearly 15 years of probation-free football! Celebrate a new program record!
Sometimes to have love lost is better to have never loved at all. In your case that’s obviously not true. Suffering through the death of a once proud program built by healthy player benefits, steroids and criminal rehabilitation programs has left you bitter. Maybe take up cross stitch to heal your soul

No, I’m not against it or exactly for it either. But if he does commit and ends up being a Husker, then awesome. GBR

I’m not even sure he’s our top QB prospect as of right now. We have a few others we are in on too. Maybe we take 2 this class....maybe we take 1? Who knows really knows?

Main point, the man has an absolute cannon for an arm and stands 6’6 210 pounds. Now, no one in this thread is saying Torres will be the next Heisman winner or even the next Elway, Peyton Manning or any QBs like that. In this thread, from what I read, most people are saying he looks like a solid QB prospect and with time and development, he could end up being a solid QB. That’s it. There is no reason to knock the young man. He’d be coming in after H Haarberg and Top 250 4 star Logan Smothers. There would be plenty of time to development him.
It would be awesome for a SA kid to save your program. My point was it was a tough eval given the comp.

Sometimes to have love lost is better to have never loved at all. In your case that’s obviously not true. Suffering through the death of a once proud program built by healthy player benefits, steroids and criminal rehabilitation programs has left you bitter. Maybe take up cross stitch to heal your soul
I know you’re here to just talk shop about what used to be... but as a guest on this board from Oklahoma, you shouldn’t be surprised to have some crap thrown your way. Rather than responding with a garbage post, just ignore it and move on.

Until this post, I had no problem with your other posts. You can be better.

Reactions: saltsdogg
I know you’re here to just talk shop about what used to be... but as a guest on this board from Oklahoma, you shouldn’t be surprised to have some crap thrown your way. Rather than responding with a garbage post, just ignore it and move on.

Until this post, I had no problem with your other posts. You can be better.
So fella goes in with a sucker punch and I rib back and that's a problem? Got it. You folks should post these rules on the wall.

Go back to your hillbilly board.
Enjoy the thrilling odd 7-5 season competing with the great powerhouses of Iowa and Wisconsin to finish 2nd in your division. I'll still root on the rotted out corpse of N as I can't kill the memory of a great rivalry. GBR, and Nebby too!

Enjoy the thrilling odd 7-5 season competing with the great powerhouses of Iowa and Wisconsin to finish 2nd in your division. I'll still root on the rotted out corpse of N as I can't kill the memory of a great rivalry. GBR, and Nebby too!

You’re not welcome here with this Nebby crap..

Your’re not welcome here

From a fan of team that forgot how much OU had steroid issues worse than most ( Brian Bosworth) criminal behavior ran fluid in Norman during the Switzer era and barely graduated half it’s football team for decades has a lot of room to talk..

Just a matter of time that OU cheats again because it’s been in your blood since 1889..

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
So fella goes in with a sucker punch and I rib back and that's a problem? Got it. You folks should post these rules on the wall.
You’re on a former rival’s board. What do you expect? Husker fan says 15 years probation free. Pretty generic. You reply with criminal rehabilitation, steroids and player benefits?

Yeah, someone is ultra sensitive on another fan site’s board.

Besides. Isn’t a sucker punch a blindside? With OU’s history of cheating and probation, how was this a blindside attack on you?

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
You’re on a former rival’s board. What do you expect? Husker fan says 15 years probation free. Pretty generic. You reply with criminal rehabilitation, steroids and player benefits?

Yeah, someone is ultra sensitive on another fan site’s board.

Besides. Isn’t a sucker punch a blindside? With OU’s history of cheating and probation, how was this a blindside attack on you?
I bet it’s safe and warm in that lukewarm pool of “memberberry” sauce. Wake up and recognize your beautiful new self, Minnesota.
58db86530c4ed7af2cc2408d19542dec.png

I bet it’s safe and warm in that lukewarm pool of “memberberry” sauce. Wake up and recognize your beautiful new self, Minnesota.
58db86530c4ed7af2cc2408d19542dec.png
Now that’s a sick burn. Not original by any means... don’t want you thinking too highly of yourself.

Isn’t it sad that you aren’t talking football at all, but now just trolling?

Not that you have much credibility being on another teams board. But you lost any credibility you had throwing stones about steroid use, criminal rehabilitation and especially player benefits. Norman was an epicenter of all the above.

Funny NU was never on probation to the likes of the cheaters in Norman.

I don't think any of the guys from Bama including the one that will go in the first round this year are franchise NFL QBs. Miami has figured it out already and has been trying to move on from Tua. Granted the injury may still be affecting him. Hurts would need ALOT more talent around him to ever win anything. There's been at least one crappy QB win a Super Bowl because of the talent around him I guess so there is that.

The talent of Alabama players should be looked at in a vacuum. You are throwing to the best wideouts in cfb.

Walk away. Which news organization should I use? Your choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT