ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Phil Parker?

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
Never heard of him... but maybe he should be the next head coach at Nebraska or maybe our next defensive coordinator!

How did he figure out how to completely shut down Ohio State's offense with such inferior talent?

Phil Parker

Iowa Sucks

Never heard of him... but maybe he should be the next head coach at Nebraska or maybe our next defensive coordinator!

How did he figure out how to completely shut down Ohio State's offense with such inferior talent?

Phil Parker

Iowa Sucks
You might want to check Iowas ability to develop NFL caliber players. I know it's cute to say inferior talent, but inferior talent didn't just smack the #$#$3 out of OSU.

I came here to praise the Iowa D, their ability to develop DL, their ability to get LB's to play in space.

Never underestimate "inferior talent" when it has heart, a strong work ethic, and good coaching. Over the last 20+ years, a certain team to our west has shown what "superior talent" does when it has none of those things.

But instead I'll focus on this ^^^^ jackass of a post.

Over the last 20 years (Although I'm not sure this poster is even 20 years old):

Nebraska 180-80 (69%)
Iowa 145-105 (58%)

Head to head: Nebraska leads 5-3, even with Riley's 0-2.

Last edited:
You would have to learn to accept a "bend don't break" defense where you basically sacrifice yards between the 20's for time. It can be aggravating but we tend to punch above our weight because of it.

Ohio State offense got shut down early in the season. Iowa used the same formula that had worked before and JR Barrett threw alot of INTs. Turn it over that much and it will be hard to beat anybody. One thing the stats show is once tOSU got down 2 scores they stopped trying to run the ball. I like your chances of beating tOSU if you make the offense throw first run second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT