ADVERTISEMENT

Who is our wide receiver coach?

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Sorry if I missed this, but any word or speculation on our wide receiver coach? Obviously they had planned on Mickey Joseph until his problems happened. What now?

Sorry if I missed this, but any word or speculation on our wide receiver coach? Obviously they had planned on Mickey Joseph until his problems happened. What now?
Frisman Jackson coached WRs for Rhule at both Temple and Baylor and is now with the Steelers.

I still think NU is walking the tightrope on Mickey to try to play the PR game and not just openly hire someone in his place since the facts are still being brought out.

I have no idea, but I am guessing Rhule has someone ready to be hired as soon as it looks like it won't cause a disturbance among those who think they gave up on Mickey before the case was settled. Just an opinion.

Frisman Jackson coached WRs for Rhule at both Temple and Baylor and is now with the Steelers.

I still think NU is walking the tightrope on Mickey to try to play the PR game and not just openly hire someone in his place since the facts are still being brought out.

I have no idea, but I am guessing Rhule has someone ready to be hired as soon as it looks like it won't cause a disturbance among those who think they gave up on Mickey before the case was settled. Just an opinion.
Probably a valid opinion.

After reading the police report, however, I can’t imagine Mickey Joseph’s career being salvaged. Again, even if Priscilla Joseph and the witness recanted, it would be assumed that they had done so for financial reasons (so as not to ruin his career for their family).

Reactions: clarose
F

Frisman Jackson would be great except he was with Rhule at the Panthers and then just signed with the Steelers. Who knows though.

I think it would really help our wide receiver recruiting to know who the coach is going to be.

since we did'nt get leohard or patterson as dc...I guess we will have to get mickey or cale gundy as wr coach to make up for it.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
since we did'nt get leohard or patterson as dc...I guess we will have to get mickey or cale gundy as wr coach to make up for it.

Our DC hire was the tits. If we can make a WR hire that good, I will be walking around like this.

giphy.gif

I would hope Trev/Rhule would be willing to tell those who might be disturbed that we need to move on. His next court date is the last week in January and could go long after that. Meanwhile, NU has early signing and the portal to worry about. Do we want to turn this thing around or not?

I disagree. Mickey could have saved a child from a building burning (instead of choking his wife) and the university would not have slowed down the hire of a different WR coach due to PR reasons.

If we want to up the diva factor like Colorado let’s go with Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson.

Reactions: headcard
I would hope Trev/Rhule would be willing to tell those who might be disturbed that we need to move on. His next court date is the last week in January and could go long after that. Meanwhile, NU has early signing and the portal to worry about. Do we want to turn this thing around or not?
First of all, I've been ready to move on from Mickey from the minute it was reported he put his hands on her throat.

Those that think Mickey is gonna be on the Husker staff best brace themselves, cause I don't think there's any way Rhule and Trev want that hanging over the Huskers moving forward.

Depending on what transpires in this situation, I could see Deion hiring Mickey to be an analyst to at least keep him in the D1 ranks. I think Deion has the size of ego that could handle any of the incoming negativity, and he's pretty much "hands-off" with the press anyway. He'd probably be applauded for giving Mickey a second chance. Just an opinion.

First of all, I've been ready to move on from Mickey from the minute it was reported he put his hands on her throat.

Those that think Mickey is gonna be on the Husker staff best brace themselves, cause I don't think there's any way Rhule and Trev want that hanging over the Huskers moving forward.

Depending on what transpires in this situation, I could see Deion hiring Mickey to be an analyst to at least keep him in the D1 ranks. I think Deion has the size of ego that could handle any of the incoming negativity, and he's pretty much "hands-off" with the press anyway. He'd probably be applauded for giving Mickey a second chance. Just an opinion.
so the plan is to pound cu next year, then offer deons 5 stars a better place to live.
so deon recruits for us in a round about way.

I disagree. Mickey could have saved a child from a building burning (instead of choking his wife) and the university would not have slowed down the hire of a different WR coach due to PR reasons.
Being politically correct is not my thing, I was talking about it from a University standpoint.

People need to realize that this program or any program should not have to wait a couple of months to make a hiring decision just because a previous contender for the job fcvked up big time. If it were a DUI or a domestic violence allegation that's one thing, but Mickey faces much more scrutiny than that.

It's time to move on past Mickey, announce the new WR coach and finish rounding out this staff.

Rhule and his staff need to be able to tell potential WR prospects that "Coach X will be your position coach" instead of this information being kept from public consumption.

Reactions: Clevinger

My guess is that Mickeys only chance to revive a coaching career is if one of his former WRs in the NFL can talk a GM in to hiring him.

ADVERTISEMENT