ADVERTISEMENT

Who Hates Iowa

efe07f549353893b0d8dc3764877165d.png

Mostly accurate list and well ranked in order of hatred.

The exception is Purdue. While Purdue is Iowa's 'most hated rival', it in tongue in cheek. When the Legends and leaders divisions came out, Purdue was our designated crossover rival. The fan bases have no animosity towards each other.

Mostly accurate list and well ranked in order of hatred.

The exception is Purdue. While Purdue is Iowa's 'most hated rival', it in tongue in cheek. When the Legends and leaders divisions came out, Purdue was our designated crossover rival. The fan bases have no animosity towards each other.
Even after kicking your teeth in and stealing your best player?

I don't hold anything against the players but they have the most obnoxious fans for being a mostly average to sometimes good program.

At least the fan base over there is consumed with how awful their team, particularly the offense is this year, 😆

Reactions: Frozone
I don't hold anything against the players but they have the most obnoxious fans for being a mostly average to sometimes good program.

At least the fan base over there is consumed with how awful their team, particularly the offense is this year, 😆
MOST of their players are fine, except for that kicker who blew kisses at Frost and Kittle, who never, ever shuts his mouth about Nebraska. No class whatsoever. If any Nebraska player ever acted like that towards Iowa, recently or in the past, you’d have to point it out to me and I’ll stand corrected.

In person, Iowa fans are mostly ok, and I’ll
admit that Kinnick on game day is pretty great. On message boards, they’re the worst on Rivals, and it’s not close. The few good ones who stop by here for legit conversation are appreciated, but there’s so many others that give that program a bad name.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
MOST of their players are fine, except for that kicker who blew kisses at Frost and Kittle, who never, ever shuts his mouth about Nebraska. No class whatsoever. If any Nebraska player ever acted like that towards Iowa, recently or in the past, you’d have to point it out to me and I’ll stand corrected.

In person, Iowa fans are mostly ok, and I’ll
admit that Kinnick on game day is pretty great. On message boards, they’re the worst on Rivals, and it’s not close. The few good ones who stop by here for legit conversation are appreciated, but there’s so many others that give that program a bad name.
We did have a kicker do that after the game winner in Iowa, forget his name. Must have been in the last 11 years or so, however long we’ve been in the conference.

We did have a kicker do that after the game winner in Iowa, forget his name. Must have been in the last 11 years or so, however long we’ve been in the conference.
Serious? I can’t find anything on it; every Google result is about their kicker. But if it happened, then I’m actually cool with with the revenge move. Just seems like a lot of their hate for Nebraska is obsessive and misplaced.

Serious? I can’t find anything on it; every Google result is about their kicker. But if it happened, then I’m actually cool with with the revenge move. Just seems like a lot of their hate for Nebraska is obsessive and misplaced.
This is what I remember… when we complained about how classless their kicker was, an iowa fan was able to produce a clip of our kicker doing the same thin years earlier.

Now that I think about it, it may have been Josh Brown against Colorado, and not against Iowa at all. I don’t remember this specifics anymore. I just remember that it did happen at one time against a certain team. Pretty vague, I know.

Iowa was ok with Hayden fry. I don’t really hate them they do have some really nice people I’ve met. They are more like a thorn in the side but that will pass when Nebraska stops dancing with two left feet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT