ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think gets offered the Nebraska job?

Matt Rhule is an interesting name. He is a proven winner everywhere he has gone except for the Panthers. I would be in favor.

Aranda would be a winning choice as well. I think LSU goes with Mel Tucker so Aranda could be in play.

I also like two assistant coaches. Dan Lanning who is defensive coordinator at Georgia and Alex Grinch Oklahoma's defensive coordinator.

I am intrigued by Jamey Chadwell but due to Frost coming from a similar smaller program this might not set well with the fan base.

Those are the names I think have the best chance.
First off, why would you think Georgia's DC has anything to do with their success. Kirby is a defense guy at heart, his DC is kind of like Andy Reid's OC - probably not gonna do it on his own. Grinch hasn't gotten squat done for defense at OU. Probably better, but they'll get plastered again by 50 if they make the playoff.

Whomever it is, it has to be someone who isn’t going to mind working “under” Trev.

that is going to count out ppl like Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops etc. Bo Pelini is gonna be a no too. He would absolutely hate Trev’s condescending look and “smoothness”.. Laughing

have to think in terms of head coaches that either have a prior relationship to Trev, or have a smaller ego/personality than Trev does.

Hope no one takes this wrong but as an Iowa fan I hope you keep Frost and at the same time hope you don't hire Matt Campbell. I've watched what he's did for ISU and it's amazing. ISU had nothing and no one could recruit anything but in just a couple of years he filled the roster with talent.

Hope no one takes this wrong but as an Iowa fan I hope you keep Frost and at the same time hope you don't hire Matt Campbell. I've watched what he's did for ISU and it's amazing. ISU had nothing and no one could recruit anything but in just a couple of years he filled the roster with talent.

Fans of other teams want Frost to be around. It's an annual win for them. The Big Ten coaches know how to beat Frost and they all do the same thing besides Ohio State.....limit Nebraska drives, sit back and let Nebraska **** up, then win.

The entire IL gameplan, and they admitted it, they just wanted to stay in striking distance in the second half, wait for Nebraska to **** up, then capitalize from it. that is exactly what IL did too.

• Love
Reactions: kakdawg
I don't think any aac coaches have had any success in power 5. Fickell didn't do well at osu even with the talent advantage.
But yet at Cincinnati he's ranked in the top 5 at #2 and has quality wins against Indiana and Notre Dame. Do I believe Cincy deserves a #2 spot? No. The thing is, he's solid and has put in the work at a place it's even tougher to recruit. I don't see being interim coach at Ohio State as a good read, his statement of work starts at Cincy in 2017.

2017 = 4-8
2018 = 11-2, beat UCLA and VT (Bowl game), ranked 19th
2019 = 11-3, beat UCLA and BC (Bowl game), ranked 17th
2020 = 9-1, Covid year, lost to Georgia 24-21 in bowl game, ranked 6th
2021 = 8-?, beat Indiana and Notre Dame so far, currently ranked 2nd with a possible playoff birth.

What's our record since 2017 and what quality wins can you point out in comparison. Sure Fickle plays in a weaker conference but he beats who he's suppose to plus bigger schools. What if Nebraska played Cincy schedule this year, would we be able to accomplish the same? We might beat the in conference teams but would have lost to Indiana and Notre Dame. If we threw Cincy on that schedule we'd lose to them also.

Last edited:
Ohio is a tough place to recruit to? Lots of talent there.
Yes there is, but Cincy isn't going to pull those top talents being in a lesser conference as was mentioned in the thread I replied to.

Reactions: kakdawg
Yes there is, but Cincy isn't going to pull those top talents being in a lesser conference as was mentioned in the thread I replied to.
I see it as kind of like Florida and Texas to a lesser degree. 3 stars from there are 4 stars in the plains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT