ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you guys think will win between Iowa/ISU and PSU/Pitt?

CelticHawk

Walk On
Feb 24, 2011
BTW, best of luck tomorrow.

Nebraska, Iowa, and PSU are all in the same position, which is unique; OOC P5 rivals as opponents.

Iowa State is a big unknown. That Campbell dude is a good coach, just not sure he has the horses yet. But he is closing the recruiting gap, so the future depends on if Brian Ferentz keeps the Iowa boat sailing “as is” or takes it to the next level. 50/50 right now.

Penn State

Reactions: CelticHawk
Iowa State is a big unknown. That Campbell dude is a good coach, just not sure he has the horses yet. But he is closing the recruiting gap, so the future depends on if Brian Ferentz keeps the Iowa boat sailing “as is” or takes it to the next level. 50/50 right now.

Penn State

Indeed and good call. ISU's RB is a legit running back though. If the coach sticks around, ISU is going to be a relevant program. Depth is correct though.

The funny thing, we own the instate recruiting. They will always have to go elsewhere for players.

Indeed and good call. ISU's RB is a legit running back though. If the coach sticks around, ISU is going to be a relevant program. Depth is correct though.

The funny thing, we own the instate recruiting. They will always have to go elsewhere for players.

Do they still have that Montgomery (sp?) kid or someone new?

I’m not sure about Iowa State‘s offensive line?

Neither am I. I know our d line is loaded though. Them not playing last week is an advantage or not, IDK.

Our D line can win this game. Just shove them so far down the field on offense that they give up.

Nebraska knows that kind of football. Don't beat them, beat them up. Then the game is yours.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I think Iowa and PSU, since lions escaped last week. I think had App State finished the deal, Pitt would have a much better chance, but not as likely now, IMO.

Yes. Worried he runs all over our LBs. Our backers are young. And NIU had a pretty shitty offense. ISU will not have a bad O. They will attack.

Yeah I remember seeing that kid a few times last season. He wasn’t the flashiest runner but he ran hard and looked strong. He was pretty impressive.

I think Iowa and PSU, since lions escaped last week. I think had App State finished the deal, Pitt would have a much better chance, but not as likely now, IMO.

I thought maybe Penn State would show up tomorrow but they were rough in that App State game. I don’t know who Penn State is this season with only one game under their belt.

I thought maybe Penn State would show up tomorrow but they were rough in that App State game. I don’t know who Penn State is this season with only one game under their belt.

We will find out tomorrow and truth be told, their coach is a d bag, but PSU is loaded with talent. Expecting a big bounce back against Pitt.

But as a Hawkeye, you just never know, when its inside your state borders. Like the games are reffed by politicians. Strange shit happens in these games.

Lots of alumni influence at a state level.

PSU - Appy St. was their trap game. They will be focused for this week.

Iowa - They are the better coached team. I'm a little bit leery of Campbell as he had the better QB on the bench at the beginning of the season last year. If Kempt was QB at start of season, Iowa would have lost to ISU last year.

Not if they become relevant because at either school Iowa kids would still be playing for Iowa. If ISU does really well, Iowa could find themselves losing that battle.

One of my plays this week:

Iowa -3.5 vs Iowa St - for 7 points

Hawkeyes have won the last 3 in the Cy-Hawk series in what has almost always been close games on the scoreboard. 5 of the last 7 in the series have been decided by 6 points or less. Iowa has a big advantage in having played a game where as Iowa St had their game canceled last week. The Hawkeyes have several suspended players back after missing last week too. They need to throw the ball better and I’d like to see them get up early as they had a very slow start last week.

PSU - Appy St. was their trap game. They will be focused for this week.

Iowa - They are the better coached team. I'm a little bit leery of Campbell as he had the better QB on the bench at the beginning of the season last year. If Kempt was QB at start of season, Iowa would have lost to ISU last year.

Not even remotely true about Kempt, Park was by far more talented but also an absolute headcase.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT