ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you credit for B1G restarting football?

Who do you credit most for B1G restarting football?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not to take anything away from Frost or Day or those who pursued legal action, but my vote would be for "other" - as in, other conferences playing. Having games on TV with several announcers saying things like "Gotta feel for those Big Ten and Pac-12 players watching from home" had to be huge factor.

I credit this guy.
images

Reactions: TheBeav815
Thought about all of the above, but i really wanted to see who folks thought was the most important single item. For sure it was a combination that pushed it through.

Reactions: Wannabee8
It’s a combination of these things, better data around infections and impacts and access to testing.

Much of the handwringing would have been avoided if instead of cancelling the season, the Big Ten should have said they are postponing the start of the season to establish protocols and ensure we can compete safely in all of our markets. People would have been complaining about missing non-con games, but a month was wasted trying to convince everyone that this could even be looked at.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I would say the above. The other would include poor, egotistical, arrogant, I'm smarter than you big 10 attitude, judgment.

This seems like an easy fallback position for people to say, because it absolves the conference of any responsibility for the horrible way everything was handled. Heaven forbid we'd credit any of the pressure put on the conference by players, coaches, parents and fans because that would force them to admit the conference did something wrong. Let's remember that the conference said that the decision was "final" and "would not be revisited". Either they didn't trust science and the medical community or they really were responding at least in part to all the criticism they got. Let's also remember that our great and illustrious commissioner favored playing in the spring-a position that just about anybody with a shred of sense could tell was ridiculous on its face and was pretty quickly abandoned. The first proposals talked about starting play in January, then late November and we got it moved up to late October. To credit the aboutface not only on playing at all but moving up the starting date significantly to scientists and medical advances pretty much ignores the obvious pressure being put on the conference from players, parents, coaches, politicians and fans. Without that, none of this happens.

Reactions: huntered
I think it was the court. The talking heads. Rapid testing. The health risk claims that were debunked out of PSU all over the news. And of course the President of the United States making it very public his opinion, the position not the man was what was important especially since the opposition was trying to blame him for the big10 not playing via ridiculous ads.

It wasn't us fans, or the coaches, or sir Yacht. This whole thing was about an election. Some people deserve to be fired in my opinion.

Reactions: huntered
This seems like an easy fallback position for people to say, because it absolves the conference of any responsibility for the horrible way everything was handled. Heaven forbid we'd credit any of the pressure put on the conference by players, coaches, parents and fans because that would force them to admit the conference did something wrong. Let's remember that the conference said that the decision was "final" and "would not be revisited". Either they didn't trust science and the medical community or they really were responding at least in part to all the criticism they got. Let's also remember that our great and illustrious commissioner favored playing in the spring-a position that just about anybody with a shred of sense could tell was ridiculous on its face and was pretty quickly abandoned. The first proposals talked about starting play in January, then late November and we got it moved up to late October. To credit the aboutface not only on playing at all but moving up the starting date significantly to scientists and medical advances pretty much ignores the obvious pressure being put on the conference from players, parents, coaches, politicians and fans. Without that, none of this happens.
I will NOT be adding science as a poll choice. Since Trump offered the testing, folks can choose that option. 😜😜

We can add future enrollment (I realize that is covered in the "other" category). When a kid goes to a liberal arts school he/she wants the "well rounded" portion of the experience. That means rooting for a sports team, being a cheerleader, the kids in the marching band, etc. Now, not everyone cares about that, but plenty do and their parents have a say in the choice since they are footing the bill much of the time.

Translation: None of the liberal university presidents wanted to be seen as giving Trump a victory on anything especially after Barack had called Kevin Warren to get him to kill the season....
Hell, the media mob doesn't even mention his historic Middle east peace deal and being nominated for 2 Nobel Peace Prizes. It doesn't fit their AGENDA and it drives them batshit crazy to give him credit for ANYTHING!! Pathetic liberal media scum.

Hell, the media mob doesn't even mention his historic Middle east peace deal and being nominated for 2 Nobel Peace Prizes. It doesn't fit their AGENDA and it drives them batshit crazy to give him credit for ANYTHING!! Pathetic liberal media scum.
Hitler was nominated for a Nobel...simmer down

Reactions: jmliehr
Translation: None of the liberal university presidents wanted to be seen as giving Trump a victory on anything especially after Barack had called Kevin Warren to get him to kill the season....
Perhaps Trump did influence the decision, and yet if this was as politically motivated as you claim one would have to assume the opposite outcome was equally likely, if not more. Are you privy to discussions Trump and Obama have had with league officials? What material are you sourcing to support the notion that this was a win for Trump, or are you speculating? Also, is your attack on all of the university presidents substantiated by fact? Do you actually know their political affiliations, or is this more speculation?

And the fawning conservative media licks his boots no matter how much of an ass he makes of himself. Besides, your claim that the "liberal" media hasn't reported on this is absurdly false. The news you suggest is absent from "liberal" media has been quite literally top of the fold. When I read statements like yours I have to wonder if you suffer from the same brand of TDS that you so readily assign to others.

In all honesty, it was Scott Frost who initially started it all. But after that, I give full credit to Ohio State and the Huskers, with Iowa stepping in too (just a bit later on). So OSU and the Huskers with Iowa getting some credit too.

Reactions: Sinomatic
And the fawning conservative media licks his boots no matter how much of an ass he makes of himself. Besides, your claim that the "liberal" media hasn't reported on this is absurdly false. The news you suggest is absent from "liberal" media has been quite literally top of the fold. When I read statements like yours I have to wonder if you suffer from the same brand of TDS that you so readily assign to others.
Their is a reason CNN gets lower ratings than Nick at nite. Americans aren't stupid. Nobody is watching fake news BS.

Their is a reason CNN gets lower ratings than Nick at nite. Americans aren't stupid. Nobody is watching fake news BS.
Am I to assume that to your mind CNN represents all "liberal" media? In other words, that's the entirety of your range? You don't include the print word or audio as media? You know for a fact that CNN's ratings are lower than Nick at Night? Do you check the Nielsen ratings pretty regularly? At the very least your claims hyperbolic, at worst they are intentionally misleading.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT