ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock on Deion

This. Whitlock is writing an article for the Blaze whose base is, according to their website, "somewhere on the center-right to right of the modern American political spectrum.". It was founded by Glenn Beck.

In other words, Whitlocks audience here is composed of a LARGE majority of white people.

Now, if Whitlock is writing for The Blaze isn't it hypocritical for him to lambast Deion for leaving the HBCUs and going to a white university?

Furthermore he thinks Sanders would have stayed in Jackson if the money was right. He's wrong. Prime will get his money but he wants to make it on the biggest stage. IMO that drives him far more at this stage of life than does money.

Whitlock doesn't get it.
And this is a problem that a Black man must be a leftist. Sounds like Joe Biden saying you ain’t black if you vote republican. Whitlock takes more crap from the lefties because he “must be a sell out” because a black man is a conservative. This is what has to end.

Of course Deion’s God also told him not to pay his bills.
As a Christian, I cringe when politicians and other opportunists like Sanders exploit their supposed Christian beliefs for personal gain.

what does deon think Jesus wants me to pay for my mud and oppd bill?
I'm a cessationalist, but I'm willing to hear a fair price per deon, if he can make it happen

Or you like the guys ball sack in your face. Whitlock honestly just tries to find any topic that people will argue about. He doesn't really stand for anything but controversy. Sometimes I do agree with him, buy he's just looking for clicks.
Aren't they all just looking for clicks?

Reactions: WHCSC
Or you like the guys ball sack in your face. Whitlock honestly just tries to find any topic that people will argue about. He doesn't really stand for anything but controversy. Sometimes I do agree with him, buy he's just looking for clicks.
You don’t listen to them very often then. He’s pretty consistent with his viewpoint and the application of that viewpoint. So I’m guys don’t like it and that’s fine but he is consistent.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If you watch the CU videos Prime's son posted the past few days, listen to how many times Prime mentions lack of crime in Boulder. I think Prime felt a need to get his kids out of Jackson asap. I read Prime had been robbed twice, and a couple of his vehicles vandalized.....then there was a murder on campus the end of last week. Yes....we may expect that in a city. But think about where Prime raised his kids. I think Prime left for more reasons that just elevating his career......

And this is a problem that a Black man must be a leftist. Sounds like Joe Biden saying you ain’t black if you vote republican. Whitlock takes more crap from the lefties because he “must be a sell out” because a black man is a conservative. This is what has to end.
You didn't read the article did you? This is EXACTLY what he is accusing Deion of doing. He is saying that prime is selling out the hbcus. As a black man Whitlock thinks Sanders owes it to Black folk to stay and build something in Jackson. However, according to whitlock, riding on the coattails of rich white folk is something that prime has always done throughout his career.

This is what makes Whitlock a hypocrite. He is doing the same thing writing for the Blaze.

Last edited:
You didn't read the article did you? This is EXACTLY what he is accusing Deion of doing. He is saying that prime is selling out the hbcus. As a black man Whitlock thinks Sanders owes it to Black folk to stay and build something in Jackson. However, according to whitlock, riding on the coattails of rich white folk is something that prime has always done throughout his career.

This is what makes Whitlock a hypocrite.
I did read the article. I agree with Whitlock on this. To me he mostly points out that all the big talkers with the African American celebs and millionaires never showed up to support and put their money where their mouth is.
I was responding to the said point that Whitlock is writing for a white audience so his take must be slanted, which is b.s. because he stands for this all the time and I agree with him.

This is what makes Whitlock a hypocrite.
the problem is all the above is focused on squarely the flesh. and that kinda carnal mindedness, engrained, leads to trouble because it argues against the diverse dna nature of the created imago dei. it also seems a form of mammon worship. the correct path would be unrestrained work ethic to better ones lot in life, that glorifies the chief end of man.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I did read the article. I agree with Whitlock on this. To me he mostly points out that all the big talkers with the African American celebs and millionaires never showed up to support and put their money where their mouth is.
I was responding to the said point that Whitlock is writing for a white audience so his take must be slanted, which is b.s. because he stands for this all the time and I agree with him.
I didn't say it was slanted. I said Whitlock was hypocritical. The point of the article (it's opening line is "We'd rather beg than build") is that Black people should build for themselves and not beg from rich folk (in Deion's case it's always rich white guy owners which Whitlock then gives a comprehensive list of every rich guy Prime played for).

Whitlock goes on to lament that there aren't anymore black wall streets, like that which existed in Tulsa in the 20s, because Black folk won't build them.

However, Whitlock is writing for a publication that not only has a primary white audience but was founded and built by an incredibly rich white guy, Glenn Beck.

It's hypocritical.

Whitlock is building his own brand while being part of the Blaze. He left multiple established corporations to write and speak on topics as he wanted.

Everyone in life has some level of hypocrisy in them and anyone who denies that just doesn’t have much credibility. It is the level of hypocrisy that people differ in. Sanders preached HBCU but wouldn’t publicly call for more funding from wealthy Blacks. Why? Did he understand they wouldn’t actually help these institutions and their sports program? Style over the substance of actually doing the right thing for these schools and those that attend there.

Will be an interesting couple of years to see the Prime Hard Knocks production at Colorado and the results on and off the field.

amazing that half this thread is people too stupid to understand that point
1. Your point is very valid. This isn't solely about Deion. However, no one is saying Whitlock isn't criticizing the black uber wealthy. He makes it very clear he thinks they should have given to the football program at JSU.

2. But he is criticizing Deion, too. One has to leap through some hoops to say the following isn't a criticism.

"As an athlete across two sports, Sanders functioned much like a big-booty Instagram model, selling himself to whichever billionaire builder slid into his DMs. George Steinbrenner (Yankees), Ted Turner (Braves), Marge Schott (Reds), Peter Magowan (San Francisco Giants), Rankin Smith (Falcons), Edward DeBartolo (49ers), Jerry Jones (Cowboys), Daniel Snyder (Redskins), and Steve Bisciotti (Ravens)."

3. And guess who his first and prime target is--even moreso than Prime. It's LeBron. The one Whitlock's white readership at The Blaze loves to hate. He thinks LeBron (and Jayzee and Oprah and Stephen A) should have given money to JSU because it might have satisfied Deion's lust for money, and he wouldn't have run off to that white school in Boulder.

4. And what about Whitlock? He's a big time name make some big time money as a mercenary at The Blaze. He was asked on Twitter how much he has given to HBCUs. Funny, he is yet to respond.

5. Here the funny part. Does anyone think Prime stays at JSU if the LeBrons of the world would have have ensured he was paid the same amount at JSU as he's getting at CU? Not a chance.

• Haha
P.S. Here's the silliness of his piece. This is coming from Whitlock writing at the Blaze.

"I'm tired of black people talking about "I'm pro-black, we need black wall street, etc." We don't have the discipline to build our own. We don't have the commitment to build our own. The first sniff we get, outside of our own, we run to. #DeionSanders #CoachPrime #FSU"

Last edited:
Whitlock is a troll
Yes and he knows EXACTLY what he is doing to stay "relevant" and make some fat stacks. He is, like most people in the media, playing a part.

Jim Rome did it for years. Howard Stern was the king of playing a part, now he totally changed and is playing a new part.

Most of these guys that "make it" are acting. I suppose it is not unlike people like "us" that have a typical job and we act one way at work and another way at home.

I went back and read that column again this morning, twice. I really wanted to see if I was missing something. I still have a problem with it.

I don't like it when people tell other people what they are supposed to be doing with their time or their money. Jason is basically telling Prime he is supposed to keep living in a shit hole that he keeps getting robbed at.

Jason doesn't say "I'm donating the firt (insert whatever dollar amount here) for the next coach to try and build something here"...or to use the same figure, and apply it to cleaning up their water.

He takes shot after shot at Prime, then says he doesn't want to take shots at Prime....yet that what his column is doing.

He kills one famous black person after another for charitable things they do on a broad scale in other countries, at the same time making it sound like they ignore their own country. Example, I hate Bron Bron, talk about a royal ass, but even I know he gives tons of time and money to charities and the like right here in the States, why rip him because Bron didn't feel like he should step in to save the day in Jackson State? Same for Oprah and many others he mentioned, in fact all of them.

Is it possible Prime leaving opens up the door for another Black guy to get that HC job at Jackson State that would not have happened if Prime stays? So that guy gets to elevate his life and family, and who knows what he does with the opportunity, maybe he helps do all those things Jason is asking of others.

Maybe Prime going to Colorado gets a lot of black kids who never otherwise would have sniffed Colorado, to come there and obtain a degree they put to great use to help out tons of other kids in that players hometown or elsewhere? Maybe even keeps a kid from dying of gang violence at his high school because he gets a scholly offer from Prime and immediately starts walking the line, so he doesn't lose it and drops out of a gang?

There are so many positives to spin from Prime to Colorado I could go on and on. I just think that article could have been written so much better, so as not to vilify people, but educate people and bring awareness to the situation, without killing so many celebrities in the process...and I despise most of the celebrities he mentioned, and even I am coming to their defense that article sucked so bad.

I went back and read that column again this morning, twice. I really wanted to see if I was missing something. I still have a problem with it.

I don't like it when people tell other people what they are supposed to be doing with their time or their money. Jason is basically telling Prime he is supposed to keep living in a shit hole that he keeps getting robbed at.

Jason doesn't say "I'm donating the firt (insert whatever dollar amount here) for the next coach to try and build something here"...or to use the same figure, and apply it to cleaning up their water.

He takes shot after shot at Prime, then says he doesn't want to take shots at Prime....yet that what his column is doing.

He kills one famous black person after another for charitable things they do on a broad scale in other countries, at the same time making it sound like they ignore their own country. Example, I hate Bron Bron, talk about a royal ass, but even I know he gives tons of time and money to charities and the like right here in the States, why rip him because Bron didn't feel like he should step in to save the day in Jackson State? Same for Oprah and many others he mentioned, in fact all of them.

Is it possible Prime leaving opens up the door for another Black guy to get that HC job at Jackson State that would not have happened if Prime stays? So that guy gets to elevate his life and family, and who knows what he does with the opportunity, maybe he helps do all those things Jason is asking of others.

Maybe Prime going to Colorado gets a lot of black kids who never otherwise would have sniffed Colorado, to come there and obtain a degree they put to great use to help out tons of other kids in that players hometown or elsewhere? Maybe even keeps a kid from dying of gang violence at his high school because he gets a scholly offer from Prime and immediately starts walking the line, so he doesn't lose it and drops out of a gang?

There are so many positives to spin from Prime to Colorado I could go on and on. I just think that article could have been written so much better, so as not to vilify people, but educate people and bring awareness to the situation, without killing so many celebrities in the process...and I despise most of the celebrities he mentioned, and even I am coming to their defense that article sucked so bad.
Nailed it.

This is what makes Whitlock a hypocrite. He is doing the same thing writing for the Blaze.
Lmao wait...I'm sorry. Is there a historically black news channel that I've missed all these years??

Yes and he knows EXACTLY what he is doing to stay "relevant" and make some fat stacks. He is, like most people in the media, playing a part.

Jim Rome did it for years. Howard Stern was the king of playing a part, now he totally changed and is playing a new part.

Most of these guys that "make it" are acting. I suppose it is not unlike people like "us" that have a typical job and we act one way at work and another way at home.
Horrible take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT