ADVERTISEMENT

Whipple Comment

This is interesting. Have they been told they need to win the West to sick around?

hc, I heard that as well. I think he is just stating that if they are not successful the rest of the way, a new HC will likely be brought in and hire his own staff. Imo, I doubt that there have been parameters like that expressed to the current staff. I could be wrong, though.

Mark Whipple knows what it takes to have a great offense and be a great QB. He's coached a couple of them in Big Ben and Kenny Pickett. He's also old and is making 900k a year for the next 2 years regardless if he is retained or not. He gives no fvcks.

Whip needed a job. Whip knew Frost was not going to be employed long. Whip got a 3 year guarantee to fund his retirement. Good for Whip.

Being paid to not work has been his plan all along.

Thought he got a 2-year deal? Either way, going to disagree that his plan was being paid not to work. Seems like the guys is working his ass off and wants to win to me.

Mark Whipple knows what it takes to have a great offense and be a great QB. He's coached a couple of them in Big Ben and Kenny Pickett. He's also old and is making 900k a year for the next 2 years regardless if he is retained or not. He gives no fvcks.
Very much this. Whipple is a veteran coach with documented successes. I think the IHC and the coordinators are going to practice early and honest communication with the kids.

Thought he got a 2-year deal? Either way, going to disagree that his plan was being paid not to work. Seems like the guys is working his ass off and wants to win to me.
The deal was he came here to run the offense. I have no doubt after the defense crapped the bed against NW Frost thought there was nothing wrong with the defense, we just needed to score more points and he started meddling in what Whipple was doing. The result was too many cooks in the kitchen and the offense being even more confused, unfocused, and illogical than it had been the last 4 years. Now it is truly Mr. Whipple's offense and seemed to be more functional last week when not overcoming 2nd and 23. I expect Micky may have suggested he slow down and run more at the end, but that is head coach prerogative. So I agree, looks to me like the guy has pride, is passionate, and cares.

That culture of coming out hot then rest on it was a Frost calling card. I’m glad the coaches are addressing the indifferent attitude this team has had for years. Seems only Mickey, Busch, & Whipple have ever mentioned the attitude issues over the years. The others liked to broom it under the “close” rug.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Who are you Sherlock Holmes? Cmon man he’s just saying they need to win as many games because that’s their interview. Every teams goal is to win their division

What are you some sort of message board smart ass? Come on we are just having conversations about what the coaches said in their press conferences.

Well not sure what it would take. But winning the west would most likely be the only guarantee of Mickey keeping the job. Imagine the pressure on next coach well Mickey got to Indy with no offseason starting 1-3. The legend of Mickey Joseph would be too much for most. Next coach would have to run the table lol.

Who are you Sherlock Holmes? Cmon man he’s just saying they need to win as many games because that’s their interview. Every teams goal is to win their division
Wtf? Why the venom, dude?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT