ADVERTISEMENT

Whiner's whine

While I agree with what you are saying, you can’t overlook the fact that this season will hurt the 2020 class. All actions and results have its consequences so I understand the frustration and ‘whining’ of many.

Yes, losing doesn't help recruiting. Whining doesn't help either.

It takes a while to rebuild a program from its very foundation. That is what we have in front of us. Get used to it. We'll be back.

You’re right that the difference between 1 win and 3 wins is negligible. But not going to a bowl game for the second straight year sets the program back.

While I agree with what you are saying, you can’t overlook the fact that this season will hurt the 2020 class. All actions and results have its consequences so I understand the frustration and ‘whining’ of many.
I'm not being sarcastic but why do except it will hurt the 2020 recruiting class?

This was never a quick fix situation. Frost said that when he took over. Yes, we might lose out on a couple of kids because of our season, but if/when things turn around, recruiting will pick up. Everyone is just going to have to be patient. No one could come in and fix this program in a year or two. Just not possible to change culture, habits and build a program like that when things have been so bad for so long. A few schools have the ability to make big swings, but we don’t have the recruiting advantage of Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, etc. People will have to be patient for us to have any chance of being relevant again

Reactions: otismotis08
I'm not being sarcastic but why do except it will hurt the 2020 recruiting class?

Our 2019 class is set. Those 2020 guys are juniors in high school today as we speak. Them, their families and coaches take notice on which teams are doing well or not. Going 2-10 is a lot different than 5-7. We’ll get kids, but we need more ballers and to get them it will be tough to persuade to come to Lincoln.

Reactions: SC_'sker
This was never a quick fix situation. Frost said that when he took over. Yes, we might lose out on a couple of kids because of our season, but if/when things turn around, recruiting will pick up. Everyone is just going to have to be patient. No one could come in and fix this program in a year or two. Just not possible to change culture, habits and build a program like that when things have been so bad for so long. A few schools have the ability to make big swings, but we don’t have the recruiting advantage of Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, etc. People will have to be patient for us to have any chance of being relevant again
Plus I'll add the Nebraska high schools are lacking behind in development of players you take a look in the past how many Nebraska kids played especially on the offensive line now we have fat foster and cole Conrad that contribute and yes after tom even frank did a poor job of recruiting Nebraska kids can you say Danny wood head and developing them, in reality we've been in a death spiral since 99

How come when Riley and Callahan were falling on their swords no one ever insisted it needed to be a long haul project? Could it be because neither were our MNC QB and neither had the support of our 3-MNC former coach?

How come when Riley and Callahan were falling on their swords no one ever insisted it needed to be a long haul project? Could it be because neither were our MNC QB and neither had the support of our 3-MNC former coach?

I don't recall Riley or Callahan "falling on their swords". I remember them collecting their paychecks.

Our 2019 class is set. Those 2020 guys are juniors in high school today as we speak. Them, their families and coaches take notice on which teams are doing well or not. Going 2-10 is a lot different than 5-7. We’ll get kids, but we need more ballers and to get them it will be tough to persuade to come to Lincoln.
I agree somewhat you,but also have that kid is good enough that want to play right away, tom had the nack of finding a diamond in the rough just like Dave van Horne that's what we need, and really this team just needs something good to happen, there paraphrased shell shocked walking on broken glass what ever they do doesn't work

I have no idea how to recover the posts to prove this, but I maintain that if Callahan would have got a new d coordinator, I would have fully supported him getting more time. He had great recruiting and our offense was a handful even his last year. We just couldn’t stop Millard West from putting up 40 on us.

Riley...I feel like we screwed that thing up bad. I think we had a shot to have a better season last year until we fired Eichorst. When we fired Eichorst, everyone knew it was over and basically gave up. That said, everything that has happened since Frost showed up shows me it was the right move to fire Riley.

But to answer your quesiton...yeah frost gets more time than those other guys. Callahan alienated a lot of people and created enemies that were looking for a reason to fire him. Especially since he was attached to Peterson who people really didn’t like. Riley, same thing minus him personally making enemies. He also suffered from many not wanting him in the first place. Now Frost comes in and his past coupled with being national coach of the year and Nebraska not really having anywhere to turn if he doesn’t work out, we have to be all in for the long term or we really are the next Minnesota. This has been a long term fix program since the day we hired Callahan because it has resulted in us changing everything we do and having to rebuild the program every time we change a coach.

Short answer, yes Frost gets more time. Because he’s ours, we paid him $35 mil, and he’s realistically the last and best chance we’ve got. No decent coach will take this job if we can a national coach of the year who was our golden boy.

Reactions: otismotis08
IMO Callahan took the job not wanting it a big difference, yes I agree he could recruit but his whole staff was a disaster in the coaching part, and as soon as a NFL job opened up he'd have been gone in a flash. On to Riley the board of regents should have vetoed the hire fans need to understand the only reason Riley came to Nebraska was the paycheck, plain and simple

well I guess I'm not sure what we are supposed to do on a football message board with an 0-6 team..

I'm mad people are only whining.. they should be livid. There is no excuse for starting the season this way. None.

Frost can fix this, but not because he’s the Jesus of college football. He can fix it by not getting fired in 3 years. I lost a lot of respect for him when he started blaming the last staff and team for his problems. Right or wrong, that was low class. He sounded like a certain politician that’s a news whore these days. I believe Frost is smart enough to learn over time,though, and so is his young staff. Give him time, and learn to appreciate 6 or 7 wins again.

I have no idea how to recover the posts to prove this, but I maintain that if Callahan would have got a new d coordinator, I would have fully supported him getting more time. He had great recruiting and our offense was a handful even his last year. We just couldn’t stop Millard West from putting up 40 on us.

Riley...I feel like we screwed that thing up bad. I think we had a shot to have a better season last year until we fired Eichorst. When we fired Eichorst, everyone knew it was over and basically gave up. That said, everything that has happened since Frost showed up shows me it was the right move to fire Riley.

But to answer your quesiton...yeah frost gets more time than those other guys. Callahan alienated a lot of people and created enemies that were looking for a reason to fire him. Especially since he was attached to Peterson who people really didn’t like. Riley, same thing minus him personally making enemies. He also suffered from many not wanting him in the first place. Now Frost comes in and his past coupled with being national coach of the year and Nebraska not really having anywhere to turn if he doesn’t work out, we have to be all in for the long term or we really are the next Minnesota. This has been a long term fix program since the day we hired Callahan because it has resulted in us changing everything we do and having to rebuild the program every time we change a coach.

Short answer, yes Frost gets more time. Because he’s ours, we paid him $35 mil, and he’s realistically the last and best chance we’ve got. No decent coach will take this job if we can a national coach of the year who was our golden boy.
That's what we wanted then and that is what should have happened. He chose not to fix the problem. Hence was and deserved to be fired. Agree with you that he was a good recruiter and the offense was good enough. The defense was as effective as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Not necessarily...in the climate of transfers Scott can really sell you will have a chance to play as a freshman. Our younger players are not that bad but the appearance is we are a really bad team. Not having a bowl game may actually help our staff with organization and such when ti comes to recruiting, especially for the 2020 class. If I was a senior I wouldn't care if a team was 2-10 vs. 5-7, they are both inconsequential, but the coach could sure encourage me that I would have a chance at playing right away for the 2-10 team. Scott said as much in one of his media sessions. Scott can show that our best offensive players are freshman, one of our best corners is a freshman...so he can coach up young kids...he can't apparently coach up older kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT