ADVERTISEMENT

While everyone is talking about team branding...

tampa husker

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
I thought I would bring something up that I've been thinking about for a while now. I know that for the past however many years Nebraska has really tried to eliminate the "Corn" part of our logo and name. I'm sure Nebraska has been negatively recruited by it with the "boring farmland" stigma. Maybe that's been that way for awhile but honestly I think the PR department should take a different spin on it and "embrace the corn", sounds funny but I really think being the Cornhuskers is unique and after all Nebraska is a traditional power so why not embrace our team heritage instead of trying to hide from it. And just maybe with MR and the new staff would be the perfect time to change it up. All I know is Nebraska has gotten lost in the pack the last 15 years or so and maybe this a long with winning obviously could really help. I am not too far removed from college age and I really think while kids that age want stuff that looks and sounds cool, there is also a vast majority that want to be "different, unique, special" whatever you want to name it. I mean how many Tigers are there?? Clemson, LSU, AUB all the same team name. Only 1 Cornhusker, so why not use that in a positive light?? A lot prob falls on Adidas as well, but I really feel like corn emblems on alternate uniforms or helmets could be made to look really cool and different if done right. Thoughts???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News