ADVERTISEMENT

Which Sr’s come back

This!!! I get people want to win 7 or 8 games next year. The longer the SR’s stay the longer the kids wait to play. If we have any great young ones they’ll be one and done. I know that’s not reality here unfortunately, but one can dream.

Plus, if Purdue is the tape people are judging their great play??? I’d re-evaluate your thinking. The delta to legit top 20 teams is bigger people think.

If NW and Iowa are Top 20 teams, the delta is very, very, very small.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I'd take as many of the defensive players back as we can get. This defense isn't amazing but it's pretty solid and constantly improving. You put this defense with an actually functional offense next year and you will see a lot more wins and a decent mid tier bowl game.

all those guys are who they are, and have played a ton

we're 2-4.. many of those listed have never sniffed a bowl game as starters

time to move on. everyone here constantly talks about recruiting classes. time to see what Frost's guys are made of.
Would be nice to have some experience on the Defensive side of the ball come back. I will agree that some on the Offensive side should definitely move on.

Of the 2 ILB's I hope at least 1 returns as we are thin there. I think we have a good shot at Honas coming back. He was hurt last year and had to play the limited schedule this year so he's probably wanting to get a full season in. I think Miller has been here 5 years so he may be ready to move on in life. Getting the UNI transfer helps here.

I really worry about the field OLB as we don't have any experience there. Jojo is the main guy that I have my fingers crossed for. He is starting to play well at that position. Had a great game against Purdue.
Only 1 missed assignment?

We are thin at safety so hope at least 1 comes back. I think we have a shot at Williams as his situation is similar to Honas. Juco guy who lost a year to injury so probably not tired of college yet and can use more film on the resume.

Would be nice to get Culp back. He has been solid.

There's others too I would like back like Jaimes and Stille, but I think they probably have their degrees and are ready to move on.

Mills might be another Juco/transfer guy that we have a shot at but I think RB's take a pounding and have a limited career span so he may chose to move on for that reason.

Reactions: cvogele29
Of the 2 ILB's I hope at least 1 returns as we are thin there. I think we have a good shot at Honas coming back. He was hurt last year and had to play the limited schedule this year so he's probably wanting to get a full season in. I think Miller has been here 5 years so he may be ready to move on in life. Getting the UNI transfer helps here.

I really worry about the field OLB as we don't have any experience there. Jojo is the main guy that I have my fingers crossed for. He is starting to play well at that position. Had a great game against Purdue.
Only 1 missed assignment?

We are thin at safety so hope at least 1 comes back. I think we have a shot at Williams as his situation is similar to Honas. Juco guy who lost a year to injury so probably not tired of college yet and can use more film on the resume.

Would be nice to get Culp back. He has been solid.

There's others too I would like back like Jaimes and Stille, but I think they probably have their degrees and are ready to move on.

Mills might be another Juco/transfer guy that we have a shot at but I think RB's take a pounding and have a limited career span so he may chose to move on for that reason.

Honas is really coming on. I went back and watched the last few games, and man he is flying around. Reimer looks good too, just needs to make some tackles. He always seems to be in the right spot, but whiffed 4 or 5 times against Purdue when he should have had a TFL.

Let’s face it, CTB has had a heckuva year. My guess is he is gone and we will certainly miss him. I don’t blame him as cornerbacks are quite valuable and highly paid in the NFL.

Let’s face it, CTB has had a heckuva year. My guess is he is gone and we will certainly miss him. I don’t blame him as cornerbacks are quite valuable and highly paid in the NFL.

He is probably our best overall football player. I felt so bad when he muffed that punt because he has been really good. He came back with a huge game. These are the kids we need in our program.

Not my opinion, only what I heard on rumor:

Seniors that are expected to move on after this year:
Stoll
Jaimes
Williams
Dismuke
Domann is 50/50
Stille & Farniok leaning towards staying
————

I’m nervous about DB depth, Honas and Domann would be nice to keep.

JoJo
Culp
Honas
Stille

Not worried about anyone else. Our DB depth is not good right now though so maybe getting Williams or Bootle back. Not a fan of Dismuke.
If CTB leaves and none of the seniors return, the DB depth does look concerning. A bunch of kids that will be relied upon to contribute are coming off significant injuries (Wright, Clark, and now maybe Farmer and Joseph). The exit of all those FL DBs from the 2020 recruiting class is also going to hurt help depth. Not much room for more adversity or recruiting wiffs at those positions.

If CTB leaves and none of the seniors return, the DB depth does look concerning. A bunch of kids that will be relied upon to contribute are coming off significant injuries (Wright, Clark, and now maybe Farmer and Joseph). The exit of all those FL DBs from the 2020 recruiting class is also going to hurt help depth. Not much room for more adversity or recruiting wiffs at those positions.

Oklahomas receivers will have a field day against our new guys. Let’s hope some experience and CTB returns.

Stoll
Jaimes
Williams
Dismuke
Domann is 50/50
————

Losing both safties could hurt, especially if Farmers injury is long term. Any idea on Bootle, Honas, Falck, Miller and Culp?

Reactions: BleedRed78

Stoll
Jaimes
Williams
Dismuke
Domann is 50/50
————

If Farniok and Wilson are doing anything other than signaling line calls from the sideline next season, it will be another losing season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
For depth it sucks, but one of the arguments on this board is NFL talent. We have to show recruits that we send kids to the league. Let them go if they want to go.

For depth it sucks, but one of the arguments on this board is NFL talent. We have to show recruits that we send kids to the league. Let them go if they want to go.
the vast majority of college seniors do not get drafted. why would so many come back for a 5th or 6th just to be undrafted again next year? given so few get drafted any way i would think an extra year wouldn't help very many players since not very many players are in the position to get drafted
but i do understand that coaches will probably try to convince them opposite of the facts

Of the Sr’s getting PT, who do you think will return next year?

Stille
Honas
Miller
JoJo
Bootle
Dismuke
D. Williams

Mills
Jaimes
Farniok
Wilson
Stoll
Falck

Culp

Any Underclassmen leave for the draft
Allen
CTB

I think D. Williams and Jaimes will take their shot at the draft. I think JoJo is probably 50/50. I could see Miller and Wilson, plus maybe Farniok hanging it up. I think everyone else will most likely be back. Thoughts?

I don't think any will return if they will get drafted or if it is lkely they will not play much.

the vast majority of college seniors do not get drafted. why would so many come back for a 5th or 6th just to be undrafted again next year? given so few get drafted any way i would think an extra year wouldn't help very many players since not very many players are in the position to get drafted
but i do understand that coaches will probably try to convince them opposite of the facts
Yeah I'm not going to pretend to know even the slightest about draft grades and what not. I just kinda figure if you're good enough to play in the league, eventually you'll end up there.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Just a thought but since no one is losing eligibility this year, I would love for the P5 schools to float the idea of bringing back freshman/JV teams and having some games next fall. I would definitely tune into mid-week BIG JV games over MACtion games.

Obviously roster numbers and depth are always a concern but this would perhaps be a unique way for P5 schools to further separate themselves and perhaps even the NCAA to test out new rules before fully implementing them.

Yeah I'm not going to pretend to know even the slightest about draft grades and what not. I just kinda figure if you're good enough to play in the league, eventually you'll end up there.
yes and if you're not you won't . an extra year usually won't turn an undrafted player into a drafted player. not after 4-5 years in a program to begin with.

Losing both safties could hurt, especially if Farmers injury is long term. Any idea on Bootle, Honas, Falck, Miller and Culp?
Heard nothing other than the first list mentioned. There has to be appeal for guys coming back to play the sport they love (despite the dedication it takes) if their pro chances seem bleak.
D Williams wants to play Sundays, but he wouldn’t get drafted this year. Would he take his shot with free agency or come put another year on film to increase his odds?

Stille, Honas, JoJo, Mills and Falck. William's at safety sharing a spot opposite of a hopefully healthy Farmer. The rest can kick rocks, unless Jaimes wants to come back. Which I can't see happening.

Heard nothing other than the first list mentioned. There has to be appeal for guys coming back to play the sport they love (despite the dedication it takes) if their pro chances seem bleak.
D Williams wants to play Sundays, but he wouldn’t get drafted this year. Would he take his shot with free agency or come put another year on film to increase his odds?
if williams isnt draft able this year he won't be drafted next year. kids who have played 4-5 years and still aren't draft able won't become draft able in 1 more year.

if williams isnt draft able this year he won't be drafted next year. kids who have played 4-5 years and still aren't draft able won't become draft able in 1 more year.
If he has an amazing finish to this season and can get to combine and impress, he’d have a chance I suppose. But Deontai’s issue is he went juco, didn’t play a ton first year here behind more experienced guys and needing to pack some lbs I think, then was injured last year and now has an interrupted season. There’s just not a ton of film on him for a team to spend a draft pick.
He seems like the type who could flash if he came back, raising his stock. Plus we sure could use an experienced DB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT