ADVERTISEMENT

Which players....

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Seems to me that after hearing Frost & Farmers comments that not everyone is on board yet? Who do we think that is? Thought the team looked decent against Colorado and then took a major step backwards against Troy.... OLine especially. Just curious how everyone else interprets these comments? GBR

I agree there, but after listening to Farmer itmsure seems to me like the players know of a few that aren’t where they need to be right now? I love what Frost is doing with it, I agree completely. I was just curious who we thought Farmer was taking about?

I agree there, but after listening to Farmer itmsure seems to me like the players know of a few that aren’t where they need to be right now? I love what Frost is doing with it, I agree completely. I was just curious who we thought Farmer was taking about?

Not to belittle your inquiry, but IMO doesn't matter right now...if you see someone suddenly leave the program or demoted/doghouse you will probably know why when and if it occurs...no use speculating when it may not be accurate

Reactions: Crazysnake83
This reminds me of all the positive comments Bo made and his "intensity" that everyone loved so much. I am not a big fan of anything like this getting in the news. Look what a negative distraction it is. Keep it in house, that is the "family" and unity council and all of that stuff.

This reminds me of all the positive comments Bo made and his "intensity" that everyone loved so much. I am not a big fan of anything like this getting in the news. Look what a negative distraction it is. Keep it in house, that is the "family" and unity council and all of that stuff.

Don't think unity council has been reinstated (could be wrong though)

For anyone who didn't hear Farmer at the press conference.

Reactions: WHCSC
Agree. And it just gives Michigan one more weakness to exploit on the field.

Yes, we took a step back against Troy. But never, never underestimate the importance of the quarterback position for how a team plays. A mediocre to bad QB can change the way you approach a game, on offense and defense. The difference between the two games is really very simple. In our first game we had a really good QB. In our second game we didn't.

Seems to me that after hearing Frost & Farmers comments that not everyone is on board yet? Who do we think that is? Thought the team looked decent against Colorado and then took a major step backwards against Troy.... OLine especially. Just curious how everyone else interprets these comments? GBR

the OLine didn't play well, but Frost put them in a tough spot with conservative calls with Bunch in the game (not like I think he had a big choice) and against an active front line that was going to aggressively shoot into the backfield in different ways

when do we get to see the wild scoring machine like oregon was years ago?
I thought we were going to see everyone running everywhere on offense and td's at any possible second???
Did you watch some of our drives? We moved the ball quickly and effectively at times only to be derailed by penalties in some cases. We will have the ability to score quickly and often. With a back up walk on QB it was impressive at times. We just have to axe the penalties and mental errors.

Did you watch some of our drives? We moved the ball quickly and effectively at times only to be derailed by penalties in some cases. We will have the ability to score quickly and often. With a back up walk on QB it was impressive at times. We just have to axe the penalties and mental errors.
And we need to be more consistent on the offensive line. Because you are correct... we had quite a few successful running plays. And so you start to think that our line is doing its job and dominating, so keep running. But then, wham! Ozigbo gets thrown for a four yard loss or Washington loses two yards or Bell gets stuffed. The line play was all over the map

Reactions: blfarmer73
I was thinking about the unity council last night listening to sports nightly. Do they have one?

I thought we were going to see everyone running everywhere on offense and td's at any possible second???

I know this was just a snarky comment. But Frost first year at UCF the offense wasn't very good, but the second year they were one of the best in the nation, just like they were when he was the OC at Oregon. So my hope is that it will take off in the near future, when Martinez gets healthy and gets some experience.

Besides a few players that might not be "bought in", there are also players that more than likely think they are bought in, but don't really understand what that means, especially with regards to off-the-field behavior and actions.

Surely we didn’t expect Nebraska to look like UCF the very first year, majority new we were going to have some growing pains on both sides of the ball..

I know few on here thought SF could just flip the switch and win 8-9-10 games his first year but very few knew or any that Nebraska would be starting a walk on QB that was a 3 stringer right before camp ended in it’s 2 game..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Actually, I think a lot of people thought we would look just like UCF in year 1. The argument goes: Look what he did with a non-P5 school that was 0-fer 2 years ago. Imagine what he could do with the Huskers since we have all this talent just laying around not being used right.

It is the same argument used when HCMR was hired.

IMHO, it doesn't do a whole lot of good to spotlight their names on here. I have my hunches that they are the same ones that were in the doghouse at the beginning of the season. Those players know who they are and they know Scott can see right through their poor attitudes and entitlement. It's just a matter of time.

IMHO, it doesn't do a whole lot of good to spotlight their names on here. I have my hunches that they are the same ones that were in the doghouse at the beginning of the season. Those players know who they are and they know Scott can see right through their poor attitudes and entitlement. It's just a matter of time.
Exactly. It's one thing to discuss a specific player's performance, but conducting a public witch hunt by speculating which players "may not be on board" is bs.

Just reading between the lines from hearing comments made by players and coaches, I really don't think that there is an issue with players resisting the coaching they are getting from this staff. I think that where the issue lies is the fact that some of these guys don't know what it takes to win on a consistent basis. Farmers comments about guys thinking they are working hard when they actually aren't working hard is what really makes me think this. We are looking at some older guys who are now going on their 3rd coaching staff and just don't know what it takes. It sounds like maybe some guys are freelancing at times and not working as one unit. For example, maybe there is a play where everyone makes their blocking assignment except for one guy who was supposed to take a linebacker and decides to take a person closer to him and that linebacker happens to make a tackle for loss. If that one player gets that linebacker, maybe that play goes to the house instead of for a loss. Losing really amplifies this kind of stuff. Just me thinking out loud.

Don't think unity council has been reinstated (could be wrong though)

If I remember correctly, Coach Frost said that they'd wait a couple of years, to get the culture fixed, before re-instating the Unity Council.

Just reading between the lines from hearing comments made by players and coaches, I really don't think that there is an issue with players resisting the coaching they are getting from this staff. I think that where the issue lies is the fact that some of these guys don't know what it takes to win on a consistent basis. Farmers comments about guys thinking they are working hard when they actually aren't working hard is what really makes me think this. We are looking at some older guys who are now going on their 3rd coaching staff and just don't know what it takes. It sounds like maybe some guys are freelancing at times and not working as one unit. For example, maybe there is a play where everyone makes their blocking assignment except for one guy who was supposed to take a linebacker and decides to take a person closer to him and that linebacker happens to make a tackle for loss. If that one player gets that linebacker, maybe that play goes to the house instead of for a loss. Losing really amplifies this kind of stuff. Just me thinking out loud.
+1 and tack on what Ruud has said about seeing old/bad habits return at times in practice and during games.

Before Oregon was a scoring machine, they weren’t. It didn’t happen over night there and it won’t at Nebraska.

With a third string QB who qb’d a 1-11 juco team last year? an offensive line that was atrocious a year ago? Time and players my friend...

When a team starts to point fingers at each other, rarely do they ever recover.

You're asking us to "unmask" players or go on a witch hunt against them? Not on board and never will be. You should be better than that.

I have faith that Scott is cognizant of his team. Those that want to hold out will either be replaced or graduate; it's all in time.

Btw, didn't read the thread.

I agree, This offense has been very unimpressive so far. My only thought is we do not of the talent level and or the kids aren't understanding it yet, to run it how Frost wants to. So he is keeping it simplified so kids can understand and do it.

I agree, This offense has been very unimpressive so far. My only thought is we do not of the talent level and or the kids aren't understanding it yet, to run it how Frost wants to. So he is keeping it simplified so kids can understand and do it.

and critically, our QB's are very inexperienced. If we had everything else perfect, that would still be a drawback, but as it is, it's an on the fly reconstruction. They'll get better, and I've seen a lot of things to make me think they'll get to a good point this year

and critically, our QB's are very inexperienced. If we had everything else perfect, that would still be a drawback, but as it is, it's an on the fly reconstruction. They'll get better, and I've seen a lot of things to make me think they'll get to a good point this year
Would be great if things clicked this week. lol

It’s been unimpressive because of the youth at QB, experience is huge in college football at QB, we’ll see this offense humm next year and even better in 2020..

Agree you may have a point that some of the players don’t understand the whole concept of the offense yet which is going to take time by just playing games...

Did you see any UCF games in 2016? Yeah, that offense sucked too...

There is more to it than giving them a list of plays to learn..

Reactions: Crushinator

I never said this about Bo, but Frost is smarter than you. It was impossible to know how far the program had fallen when he took the job, and he wasn't going to turn the offer because the team was bad. Not only were we one of the worst teams in the nation last year but we lost every scholarship qb, and our entire team sat and did nothing for a month before Frost got there. In comparison he kicked off a number of UCF guys during the first season and even pointed to it when he described the process of going from 0-12 to 12-0. Frost is selling out fully that culture will turn bad football players into good ones, and he needs that to be true because the cupboard is very bare. He has a large number of kids that were o.k being the one of the worst in the nation last year, when things got tough, they quit, stopped working in practice, and packed it in. They have no allegiance to NU or the fans. I think it is fair to take his assessment of the situation "it could get worse before it gets better", but it is always darkest before the dawn. Not sure that is scientifically accurate but...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT