ADVERTISEMENT

Whether or not we play this week will ultimately UW's decision...

One thing to consider that has to be weighing on Wisconsin's mind is that (at least according to 1620 yesterday) a team will not be eligible for the conference championship game unless they play six games. If Wisconsin elects to not play this week, they have to face the reality they other teams they play later in the season may cancel on them, or if the infection rate is so bad within their team that next week they actually get to a red/red status, that'd be another game they'd have to miss.

Opting to miss this weeks game could come back to bite them later.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
From McKewon's story in the OWH:

The Team Positivity Rate (TPR) is calculated daily. A team can test 170 people six days a week, and the Big Ten recommends 120 players and 50 staff — Nebraska is doing that, per a team official — but it allows flexibility in those ratios. That’s 1,020 tests per week.

In order to meet the red testing threshold on the TPR, a team that takes 1,020 tests would have to have 51 positives.

Meeting red takes a massive outbreak, the kind that would indeed shut down a team for three weeks. It’s hard to do. Given that a lot of these teams had players test positive months ago, it may be darn near impossible.

The Population Positivity Rate (PPR) is different in an important way. That denominator stays at 170 all week. It doesn’t change regardless of how many total people are tested.

By this measure, the testing threshold is 7.5% to get into red. And that takes only 13 positive tests among players and staff. That’s not a massive outbreak.

It’s also not an automatic pause. Only red/red is an automatic pause. Again: It takes a ton of positives to get to red/red. But orange/red? That can be reached with just a minor outbreak.
And at that point it’s up to the team in orange to decide how to proceed.

Like I said I'm fairly confident that this game will be canceled, and if it does, I really hope it comes back to haunt them (ie. they end-up missing two other games as well and therefore eliminated from CCG consideration).

Alvarez is such a snake and he disgusts me.
Alvarez is making a CEO decision. Cant fault him for that. That's how he was able to turn around the Wisc program.

This is nowhere near the same Wisconsin team that's beaten us the last few years - they lost way too many critical pieces.

They lost their best RB, WR, OL, 2 LB's, and now their top 3 QB's.

Huskers by 13-17 if we play.
And a 6 loss Wisconsin team demolished Nebraska 70-31.
Like I said before, they could put out Joe Bauserman at QB and it would not matter to them. Wisconsin absolutely owns Nebraska, and they have zero fear of this team because they know Nebraska is going to be Nebraska and make mistake after mistake after mistake, thus shooting themselves in the foot and lose the game.

No, witha 4th string qb, out an O lineman, and the entire team not focused due to these things. They arent playing this weekend but if Wisconsin had the balls to bring that roster to Lincoln they absolutely know they'd get curb stomped.
Delusional. Hopefully it would be a good game. We may very well pull it off. What exactly about last weeks performance would lead you to believe we could “curb stomp” anyone let alone a top 20 team...even one missing starters? Oh and we will be without 2 starters for the first half as well.

No, witha 4th string qb, out an O lineman, and the entire team not focused due to these things. They arent playing this weekend but if Wisconsin had the balls to bring that roster to Lincoln they absolutely know they'd get curb stomped.
neb arguably has more talent than wisconsin. it will eventually catch up with them. i think wisconsin would have been a solid favorite with Mertz but i think with a 4th string QB neb easily becomes a heavy favorite. vegas may not show it but just wait until they have to throw the ball. wisconsin is going to have a hard time scoring. i see neb 30 wisconsin 17

JMDz6CA.gif

They are now saying Christ has tested positive as well and yet he was saying yesterday he hoped to play.

ADVERTISEMENT