ADVERTISEMENT

Where I'm at

If you'd just said "I can't watch any more losing" I'd be fine and wish you well. But since you took down the spread and play calling and refuse to watch it, just make sure that IF (note I said if) we start winning that you don't watch. Because that would make definitely make you a fair weather fan who is just making excuses. I'll go out on a limb and predict that as soon as we start winning you'll be watching regardless of what offense we're running.

I’m more frustrated than anybody right now. But the OP said he quit watching after the 1st quarter and went golfing! Ok then, quit bitching. You didn’t even watch the game, how can you say your a fan? You are 100% the definition of a fair weather fan. If your a fan you watch the game at least.

Reactions: scarletred
As soon as it's a good product I'll watch. Personally I loath the spread, but if they can actually execute it and make it a good product I'll watch. Most of the spread makes little to no sense to me. I have spent time studying the history of it and it goes way back to the 40's/50's where it was adapted from offenses like the Wing T for undersized teams to try to compete with power. I understand it but don't like it, but like many things I don't like, I will buy it if it's a good product. At some point, this is football and you need to be able to punch your opponent in the nose. We can't.

On the subject of good products/bad products: Take movies. I may not like the story or the plot, but if it's a good product I'll watch. If I like the story but the production is bad, I turn the channel or walk out of the theater.

It's not about losses. It's about competence. If NW truly beat us as the better team, it'd be acceptable. But we're without even an identity let alone competent at whatever it is we're trying to do by playing favoritism with an inferior QB. It's just not right, therefore hard to watch. Even for the most die-hard if fans. Just admit it.

Reactions: Quicker22
It is extremely painful to watch. I can live with 20 swing passes a game, if we execute them properly. We can’t even do that correctly, that’s why I question the coaches for running the same stupid play over and over, because it’s not working!

Watching Nebraska in the 1970 wasn’t rough for God sake and it sure wasn’t rough watching Nebraska in the 1960’s when Devaney arrived..

If your waiting to play golf with your son on Husker game day then your not spending enough time with him in the first place, there‘s plenty of times to play golf during the year using Nebraska as a excuse to go play tells me everything as what kind of fan you’re..
came on board with the Bobfather in ‘62, never left or entertained the thought of leaving.
coaches, players, fans come and go, but I’ve taken deep roots and can’t go anyplace else.
I’ll die HUSKER scarlet and cream.
GBR! USA # 1

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT