ADVERTISEMENT

where have all the posters gone?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Was reading an old thread and I saw Kaz36 pop in. It seems like guys who have been on here for over a decade are gone. Whazzup with that?

Reactions: kaz36
tenor.gif

Was reading an old thread and I saw Kaz36 pop in. It seems like guys who have been on here for over a decade are gone. Whazzup with that?
I haven't seen redinwashington (?) or WestCoastHusker (?) in months, and they were regular posters.

I recalled WestCoastHusker was really on the O'Brien bandwagon.

I seem to recall redinwashington was going to Ireland with his bride.

I just hope we didn't lose these men to Covid or something.

Reactions: Laner2
I'm old and still here...on occasion!:)
Whoa… a May 2001 guy… nicely done
Boy how 20 years changes things… I met my wife in 2001 and reminded her that when I met he the Huskers played in the national championship game. That was the last time we sniffed relevance

Boy how 20 years changes things… I met my wife in 2001 and reminded her that when I met he the Huskers played in the national championship game. That was the last time we sniffed relevance
Has a Jeff Foxworthy kinda ring to it Drew. LOL

If you met your bride in 2001, and your football team lost all relevance, you might be a Cornhusker fan.

Get divorced now. Break the curse!!

I kid I kid kind of.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I remember my first 'post'.....something to the effect of 'you know you are a Husker Idiot when you....'
I threw an egg timer into a fire with my 13 month old son ,watching the end of the 1980 OU game...he burst into tears...my wife was gone, so I bundled him up and went out to buy a new one....

I remember my first 'post'.....something to the effect of 'you know you are a Husker Idiot when you....'
I threw an egg timer into a fire with my 13 month old son ,watching the end of the 1980 OU game...he burst into tears...my wife was gone, so I bundled him up and went out to buy a new one....
Buy what? A new wife? :p

You threw the egg timer and your 13 month son into the fire? 😉

I signed up in Feb 2003 but was a lurker quite a long time before that. I can't remember, was this always a Rivals site? If not, does anyone remember what it was called originally and when it started? I remember back in the 90s being on an email list moderated by a guy named Mike Nolan I think. Anyone remember that?

Seems to me before this site was taken under the Rivals umbrella it was the Huskers Illustrated board. Huskers Illustrated was a weekly mag with lots of good pictures of the games and practice. They saw the writing on the wall around 2000, started their website and eventually stopped printing the magazine.

Around 1995-1999 I was on some board that was quite primitive. This was the days of a built in computer phone modem card where you typed ATDT, got a dial tone and connected noting baud rate, odd/even parity, stop bits, etc. Then you would read message boards using a stand alone program like ApNet or Netscape. Once the Internet got a little more manageable Tony Davis' Tough Tony Message Board provided a platform many of us on the stone age board migrated to. Tough Tony was a pay board and after some shenanigans we were offered to transfer our paid memberships to Husker Illustrated. About the time I had to renew again around 2002 Husker Illustrated was taken over by Rivals and there was a free board available. In 2004 there was a userid/password glitch and HuskerWed got locked so I changed to Husker.Wed. and I lost two years of tenure and a couple thousand posts.

Joined the day of the Ball State game in 2007 (had to look that up). Right at the beginning of when the Good Ship Callahan began to take on water.

Reactions: headcard
I think one problem is that there is no credible news being posted on the coaching search. No legit leaks or insiders telling us what's actually going on. Just a lot of spammy speculation by trolls.

callahan, riley & frost pass happy, or bo's insanity probably ran them off

I think some still read but don’t post, if I remember correctly several are tired of all these trolls that showed up

There might be a few people who remember Rivals(was it rivals then?) college football board.
Seems to me before this site was taken under the Rivals umbrella it was the Huskers Illustrated board. Huskers Illustrated was a weekly mag with lots of good pictures of the games and practice. They saw the writing on the wall around 2000, started their website and eventually stopped printing the magazine.

Around 1995-1999 I was on some board that was quite primitive. This was the days of a built in computer phone modem card where you typed ATDT, got a dial tone and connected noting baud rate, odd/even parity, stop bits, etc. Then you would read message boards using a stand alone program like ApNet or Netscape. Once the Internet got a little more manageable Tony Davis' Tough Tony Message Board provided a platform many of us on the stone age board migrated to. Tough Tony was a pay board and after some shenanigans we were offered to transfer our paid memberships to Husker Illustrated. About the time I had to renew again around 2002 Husker Illustrated was taken over by Rivals and there was a free board available. In 2004 there was a userid/password glitch and HuskerWed got locked so I changed to Husker.Wed. and I lost two years of tenure and a couple thousand posts.
I've got some screenshots of the old college football board from way back. Back when if you liked a post, it was bumped to the top of the list. Man that used to piss people off. I'll see if I can dig out my old IDE hard drive and post a few examples. Was wild west back then.

I remember those 1999-2000 days and the eventual change in 2001. Primitive indeed!

I've been here for a long time and still here... I never have posted much, but the last 5-10 years of Husker Football have not been fun to me at all. I'm optimistic about the future though, and I do like Mickey. Like a lot of posters have said, outside of a couple guys (who will never come to NU) the coaching search is a crap shoot. Seems like we are due!

2.jpg

PDo-G-642x67-006772.jpg

Just a couple of remnants from 2009. I think all the older stuff is on discs somewhere in my voluminous piles of junk.

ADVERTISEMENT