ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all you Tim Miles haters tonight?

Now I really hate him!

val-620x643.jpg

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I admit it....thought we would lose tonight....sue me
I was at the game. Up until about a minute left in the first half I thought we were going to lose it too. Something lit a fire under their asses. They looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half. Thomas Allen played his ass off. Very impressed with that kid tonight. Okie State's D was suffocating and man for man they were a thicker stronger team than us. The refs really let them bang on us in the first half and then they tightened things up dramatically in the 2nd which helped us a bunch. Fun game.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
This ain’t football! We have decades of losing seasons, new coach after new coach. It’s hard as hell to consistently win in college basketball and Tim has us winning.

Rotating Head Coaches is not the answer. Get behind our guy!
I would say ALL of our recent coaches(except maybe Collier have had SOME degree of success....Miles, whom I like in many ways, has had a sufficient amount of time...maybe this IS the year?

I was at the game. Up until about a minute left in the first half I thought we were going to lose it too. Something lit a fire under their asses. They looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half. Thomas Allen played his ass off. Very impressed with that kid tonight. Okie State's D was suffocating and man for man they were a thicker stronger team than us. The refs really let them bang on us in the first half and then they tightened things up dramatically in the 2nd which helped us a bunch. Fun game.
Another thing that changed in the second half was that Miles pretty much rode the starters the entire time, other than a few minutes for Borchart when Roby got his fourth foul. Those bench minutes in the first half were hard to watch at times, given how short-handed NU was last night. But Miles seemed to do a good job of squeezing just enough time out of his subs in the first half to keep the starters fresh and out of foul trouble, then shortened up the rotation in the second half even more than he usually does. Good game plan, and it worked out well.

Reactions: bigboxes
This ain’t football! We have decades of losing seasons, new coach after new coach. It’s hard as hell to consistently win in college basketball and Tim has us winning.

Rotating Head Coaches is not the answer. Get behind our guy![/QUOTE]

He's in his 7th year. Not exactly rotating.

it will be disappointing if he can't get into the tournament with this roster.

I really think either way this is it for him.. Win big parlay into a better job because next year will be bad again . Lose and get fired

I can see this. Just not seeing the talent for the next years. Knowing Miles though, if he doesn't move on, he will find a few more transfers instead of recruit HS players.

I really think either way this is it for him.. Win big parlay into a better job because next year will be bad again . Lose and get fired

I said the same thing recently, but I'm starting to change my mind. I think they could be decent next year. Roby will be back, and Allen, Akenten, Harris and Heiman are nice players. There are obvious holes but that's a good core.

Reactions: chopter and 9and4
I said the same thing recently, but I'm starting to change my mind. I think they could be decent next year. Roby will be back, and Allen, Akenten, Harris and Heiman are nice players. There are obvious holes but that's a good core.
Dachon Burke will surprise those that don’t know about him.

I’ll also add Jervey Green, though I think he’s a wild card

Another thing that changed in the second half was that Miles pretty much rode the starters the entire time, other than a few minutes for Borchart when Roby got his fourth foul. Those bench minutes in the first half were hard to watch at times, given how short-handed NU was last night. But Miles seemed to do a good job of squeezing just enough time out of his subs in the first half to keep the starters fresh and out of foul trouble, then shortened up the rotation in the second half even more than he usually does. Good game plan, and it worked out well.
Yep. I think he was as you said, squeeze minutes out of Thor especially to get us to the 2nd half intact. Something was up with Allen. He didn't look like he felt well pre-game. I didn't know if he would play or not Roby's 4th foul was a joke. I may be crazy, but I think we should run more designed plays for Borchardt when he gets those tall skinny guys on him. He looked like he could have abused them inside last night the way they were calling the game. Borchardt is a much improved player. Slow start but good game overall.

Reactions: bigboxes
That's a March question
Its also a matter of what you consider a "better job" If he were to go to a smaller school and have a better shot at the tourney, would that be a "better job?" Probably would take a pay cut, but depends on his priorities.

Dachon Burke will surprise those that don’t know about him.

I’ll also add Jervey Green, though I think he’s a wild card

Agreed on Burke and Green. Add in Amir Harris, whom you know will have a role, be it as a starter or as the sixth man, and possibly PG Mika Adams-Woods, and this team will likely drop in the standings, but not as far as some people might think.

1 - Allen
2 - Burke
3 - Akenten
4 - Roby
5 - Heiman
BENCH
Green
Harris
K. Davis
Thor
Arop
Adams-Woods

Roby's the only senior, so the lack of experience will be a negative factor. But add in a transfer PF/C, ask the NCAA for another year for Borchardt (if he wants it — he played in one game for one minute two years ago), and you have a representative team in one of the nation's top conferences.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Agreed on Burke and Green. Add in Amir Harris, whom you know will have a role, be it as a starter or as the sixth man, and possibly PG Mika Adams-Woods, and this team will likely drop in the standings, but not as far as some people might think.

1 - Allen
2 - Burke
3 - Akenten
4 - Roby
5 - Heiman
BENCH
Green
Harris
K. Davis
Thor
Arop
Adams-Woods

Roby's the only senior, so the lack of experience will be a negative factor. But add in a transfer PF/C, ask the NCAA for another year for Borchardt (if he wants it — he played in one game for one minute two years ago), and you have a representative team in one of the nation's top conferences.

Watson might be the biggest loss, Allen is not a true point guard. Also, a bench with no players taller than 6'6 is not good for a Big Ten team. Miles needs to find a grad transfer or someone that can play inside next year, or we will get killed in conference play. We won't win much if Heiman has to play 35 minutes a game.

Last edited:
Watson might be the biggest loss, Allen is not a true point guard. Also, a bench with no players taller than 6'6 is not good for a Big Ten team. Miles needs to find a grad transfer or someone that can play inside next year, or we will get killed in conference play. We won't win much if Heiman has to play 35 minutes a game.
Hence, my comment "But add in a transfer PF/C, ask the NCAA for another year for Borchardt, and you have a representative team in one of the nation's top conferences."

It would be hard to choose "who we'll miss the most" among Watson, Palmer and Copeland. I'll pick Copeland just because he's so steady and does so many things well. We might find a point guard, we might find a scorer, but we might go a long time before we get another Copeland.

Reactions: schuele

1 - Allen
2 - Burke
3 - Akenten
4 - Roby
5 - Heiman
BENCH
Green
Harris
K. Davis
Thor
Arop
Adams-Woods

This is what I am afraid of next year. Roby and Heimen are the only 2 players on this roster over 6' 8. We will have a **** ton of good guards next year, but who in the hell is going to back up our Bigs?

Reactions: burgundy95
This is what I am afraid of next year. Roby and Heimen are the only 2 players on this roster over 6' 8. We will have a **** ton of good guards next year, but who in the hell is going to back up our Bigs?
There should be two scholarships available to spend on grad transfers.

I tell you what, with the way Allen played last night, you would have a tough time convincing me that he can't play the point. He was great with the ball in his hands, passing, defense, etc he had the whole package last night. He looked like what I thought we were getting when we signed him. I do think we signed a true point guard for next year too. The other guy I was impressed with last night was Nana. His hustle and athleticism was outstanding. He didn't get many looks at the hoop but I thought he looked really good last night.

I suppose I'm drinking the koolaid (laced with cocaine) but Heiman reminds me of Ethan Happ. I mean, not really, but he does look like he will have good ball skills for a big guy. We could see him schooling bigger centers at some point.

I suppose I'm drinking the koolaid (laced with cocaine) but Heiman reminds me of Ethan Happ. I mean, not really, but he does look like he will have good ball skills for a big guy. We could see him schooling bigger centers at some point.
Going to have to put on some meat. That kid is skinny. He's got some nice post moves, but IF he had Borchardt's beef, he would be hard to stop. We need another big bodied walk on we can develop. Borchardt is going to help us this year.

Reactions: scarletred
Heiman will gain muscle and some weight, but he's never going to be a bruiser. Sometimes you gotta let these guys be who they are. I just read an article about how Mike Daum lost a lot of weight this off season to get an "NBA body", and then he realized he felt terrible and had no strength. So he gained 20 pounds back.

I don't see him getting a better job on 2 for 7 making the tournament and a conference record well below .500.
It won't be a better job. But I could absolutely see him make a lateral move to another Power 5 team in perhaps the Pac 12 Big XII or SEC.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game so no comment from me either way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT