ADVERTISEMENT

When you're comfortable with losing . . .

Linda Cohn looks like a dinosaur!
Not sure what the point of this thread is but that’s the only thing I got out of that video

I got 30 seconds into the ESPN segment and stopped it right after she was called a Rock Star. I think Jason Whitlock had the best take: It was a Make A Wish moment.

Vandy fired their coach anyway.

All this is to keep the me too females happy thinking their moving up in the sports world...🥴

What’s going to happen if she actually plays and gets leveled by a 240 lb, elite athlete, that runs a 4.5 40? Who takes responsibility? I’m not sure why people have a hard time accepting genetics. Males are, generally speaking, bigger/stronger/faster due the the amount of testosterone that their bodies produce. Throwing a female into such a violent sport is not only idiotic, it’s irresponsible. All to appease the masses...

There are plenty of other opportunities to level the playing field for women. Football is not one of them.

What’s going to happen if she actually plays and gets leveled by a 240 lb, elite athlete, that runs a 4.5 40? Who takes responsibility? I’m not sure why people have a hard time accepting genetics. Males are, generally speaking, bigger/stronger/faster due the the amount of testosterone that their bodies produce. Throwing a female into such a violent sport is not only idiotic, it’s irresponsible. All to appease the masses...

There are plenty of other opportunities to level the playing field for women. Football is not one of them.
I'm not even sure the masses support this. This was for the hyper-woke twitterati.

Agreed. This is so stupid. Gary Barnett's comments still are true even today.

Agreed. This is so stupid. Gary Barnett's comments still are true even today.
There isn't even an honest public discussion about the ramifications of this. Kickers need to be willing to at least attempt to make a tackle now and again or they aren't a legitimate football player.

Remember when the Gopher knocked out Penn States 300lb kicker?

Doubtful, the kick I saw looked like my 5th grader's kickoffs - about 15 feet in the air and 35 yards

Pretty sure this was intended to be a squib kick. I can tell you being around girls soccer, that any average high school soccer player could hit the ball much further than that if they tried.

That isn't to mean this wasn't a publicity stunt, but not sure you can judge her by that one kick.

She is 6 foot 2 and probably bigger than Culp. Not sure she is any more vulnerable than most D1 kickers.

If she was playing anything other than kicker I could she your point.

_104856706_mediaitem104856702.jpg

Mckinnon.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
He was like, eff it. This is my last day anyways. Might as well go out looking like a champ.

And I have got no beef with this chick. If she's their best kicker, let her play. If.

That's the thing which bothers me. For example I've seen several schools with players hailing from other countries. Now that's not unusual because Div 1 schools in basketball, football and baseball recruit from outside the USA. Which means these coaches can grab a talent from almost anywhere on the planet.
So my problem is twofold.

1) the idea there isn't a better male at that position somewhere in the USA, let alone planet earth, is laughable

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Mason

from the article:

Mason helped the program make history in 2020 by introducing Sarah Fuller, the school's women's soccer goalkeeper, into a November 28 game against Missouri; Fuller was the first woman to accomplish the feat in a Power Five conference, kicking off the second half, although Vanderbilt fell to Missouri 41–0 and fell to 0–8 on the season and Fuller never got a chance to kick a field goal or an extra point that day. The next day, despite that accomplishment from Fuller, Mason was fired.

Did you get that last part? The SJW virtue-signaling idiots think that stunt should've saved his job. I'm sure he had no illusions, but he probably thinks he's a hero for what he did. But we all know if she had gotten hurt in that game the player who hurt her in the course of play would've been portrayed as Ted Bundy Jr. The non-stop marathon of stupidity, hypocrisy, science-denial, and faux-heroes has lead humanity to be reclassified from homo sapiens to homo erectus.
And I for one know which group of homos I wanna hang with.

That's the thing which bothers me. For example I've seen several schools with players hailing from other countries. Now that's not unusual because Div 1 schools in basketball, football and baseball recruit from outside the USA. Which means these coaches can grab a talent from almost anywhere on the planet.
So my problem is twofold.

1) the idea there isn't a better male at that position somewhere in the USA, let alone planet earth, is laughable

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Mason

from the article:

Mason helped the program make history in 2020 by introducing Sarah Fuller, the school's women's soccer goalkeeper, into a November 28 game against Missouri; Fuller was the first woman to accomplish the feat in a Power Five conference, kicking off the second half, although Vanderbilt fell to Missouri 41–0 and fell to 0–8 on the season and Fuller never got a chance to kick a field goal or an extra point that day. The next day, despite that accomplishment from Fuller, Mason was fired.

Did you get that last part? The SJW virtue-signaling idiots think that stunt should've saved his job. I'm sure he had no illusions, but he probably thinks he's a hero for what he did. But we all know if she had gotten hurt in that game the player who hurt her in the course of play would've been portrayed as Ted Bundy Jr. The non-stop marathon of stupidity, hypocrisy, science-denial, and faux-heroes has lead humanity to be re-classified from homo sapiens to homo erectus.
And I for one know which group of homos I wanna hang with.

My man...nicely dun.

I don’t give two shits about this story but watching you guys getting all upset over this is highly entertaining. 🍿🍿

I don’t give two shits about this story but watching you guys getting all upset over this is highly entertaining. 🍿🍿

But you see, that is the problem. Neither you or anyone else on this board consider it any type of "real" achievement. Yet ESPN and the other media morons treat it as if this was the greatest accomplishment in 2020. On a scale of 1 to 100, most typical people see this as a 1 whereas the media and SJWs think it is a 100. It shouldn't be that far apart in terms of significance. And I shouldn't be criticized for thinking it is a 1.

Had she been asked to actually do a normal kickoff and try boot it as far as she can for a touchback (or made a FG attempt), I would agree it was much more of a major achievement. Being asked to squib a kick that anyone above the age of 10 could do (male or female) is not worthy of the time the media has tried to force on everyone.

There is zero chance that this was anything more than the newest trend of "breaking the norm" and then acting like it was some magnificent accomplishment. We had the first all-black crew on the NFL game the other day, and jackasses acted like it was Rosa Parks 2.0, even though 5 of the 7 had regularly worked together. But, make it a point to add two more black men (who had also worked for many years in the NFL), and viola, you've got norm's being broken and huge victories for civil rights and social justice! Now this, someone who would never see a field under any normal circumstances, now it's celebrated as a move forward and proof of something. I'm happy for the young woman if she got to fulfill some dream of hers, but it wasn't because she deserved it any more than I deserve to be a starting pitcher for the Dodgers.

But you see, that is the problem. Neither you or anyone else on this board consider it any type of "real" achievement. Yet ESPN and the other media morons treat it as if this was the greatest accomplishment in 2020. On a scale of 1 to 100, most typical people see this as a 1 whereas the media and SJWs think it is a 100. It shouldn't be that far apart in terms of significance. And I shouldn't be criticized for thinking it is a 1.

Had she been asked to actually do a normal kickoff and try boot it as far as she can for a touchback (or made a FG attempt), I would agree it was much more of a major achievement. Being asked to squib a kick that anyone above the age of 10 could do (male or female) is not worthy of the time the media has tried to force on everyone.
Spot on. It was insulting to the sport. This was the greatest participation ribbon ever given in a major sporting event. It was a one-time play of no consequence. Listen, women are as good or better than men in many fields. To act like this was a step towards equality in sports is a joke. Why do people insist on perpetuating these lies? Her poor father was probably biting his lip.

The starting position of the opposing team after her scrib kick was roughly the same as the field position Neb gives up with their pop up kicks

OP has made a fool of himself across multiple message boards around the conference..

You
95 messages
35 likes

I have more likes than messages on all the boards I post at. Jealousy is such an ugly trait, yet so common among life's losers.

Cool story still don’t care about her play or the media reaction to it. It affects me zero... your reaction though.. quality comedy

Spot on. It was insulting to the sport. This was the greatest participation ribbon ever given in a major sporting event. It was a one-time play of no consequence. Listen, women are as good or better than men in many fields. To act like this was a step towards equality in sports is a joke. Why do people insist on perpetuating these lies? Her poor father was probably biting his lip.
Insulting to the sport? 😂😂😂 I’m sorry but if none of it matters like you say it doesn’t then just ignore it like everyone else.. you’re complaining about a tv station who’s goal is to get viewers so they can charge cable companies money for their channel and charge advertising.. so obviously they are going to sensationalize anything they think will turn a profit. That’s media in general. 😂😂😂 but look how mad you are 🤣

Dude - maybe you are getting a little too fired up?

On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I am an avid cyclist, like, addicted to it. It goes beyond a passion for me.....which basically means I'm not objective on the article he was commenting on at all and I know it...but if that was my wife that had to compete against a freakshow like that and lost a chance at a win or a podium over it I'd be beyond livid. That was a world championship, not some local backyard crit. It's kind of a big deal in our world, and it isn't right. He royally efffed over some real girls who will probably never have another opportunity to complete for a world title like that, the window is pretty short and the work they have to put in to get there is pretty tremendous, many times putting off having a family to train.

You
95 messages
35 likes

I have more likes than messages on all the boards I post at. Jealousy is such an ugly trait, yet so common among life's losers.

I have nearly 39,000 posts on my pay board since 2002 with over 9000 likes (who cares?). I doubt you can afford that, especially given that your website has a gofundme type setup. Aren't you in Ames these days?

Insulting to the sport? 😂😂😂 I’m sorry but if none of it matters like you say it doesn’t then just ignore it like everyone else.. you’re complaining about a tv station who’s goal is to get viewers so they can charge cable companies money for their channel and charge advertising.. so obviously they are going to sensationalize anything they think will turn a profit. That’s media in general. 😂😂😂 but look how mad you are 🤣
Coming from the most fragile of the fragile who has been curled up in the fetal position on his floor for the last few weeks scared to death the Supreme Court was going to hand the election over to Trump, because the bat-shit crazy MSM has been telling him it is going to happen. You make me laugh shine-box boy.

On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I am an avid cyclist, like, addicted to it. It goes beyond a passion for me.....which basically means I'm not objective on the article he was commenting on at all and I know it...but if that was my wife that had to compete against a freakshow like that and lost a chance at a win or a podium over it I'd be beyond livid. That was a world championship, not some local backyard crit. It's kind of a big deal in our world, and it isn't right. He royally efffed over some real girls who will probably never have another opportunity to complete for a world title like that, the window is pretty short and the work they have to put in to get there is pretty tremendous, many times putting off having a family to train.

Dude's got mental health issues, so he isn't human?

ADVERTISEMENT