ADVERTISEMENT

When will the announcement for the HC be?

Well, if it is a current coach, it will be as late as possible.

I suppose if it is an NFL guy, it could be at anytime? I am not totally sure though.

I am thinking Monday, Nov. 21. Need to make the announcement the week of or prior to the last game to keep your recruits in tact. Gives the new coaches a chance to meet the recruits.

What say you?
I tend to agree, but I hope it is actually sooner. Maybe end of October just to see how Mickey does. I really think these next two weeks are make or break for Mickey as the head guy. If he comes out and beats Indiana and Rutgers and especially if for some miracle the victories are solid victories and not a squeaker, I think the process drags out longer. If we get beat in both, I think it moves up, but for these next couple of week become "pivotal" (In my best BIll Callahan voice)

I am thinking Monday, Nov. 21. Need to make the announcement the week of or prior to the last game to keep your recruits in tact. Gives the new coaches a chance to meet the recruits.

What say you?
Yeah, it won't be until the end of the regular season of whatever school the coach is coming from as no current coach wants that kind of information out before the season end but he probably also wants to solidify recruiting before the early signing period. A relatively short window.

Being a football coach is a year round job...If you can get a guy in here and start recruiting and possibly take over the program...do it.

This only works if a guy is currently not coaching, though.

Reactions: headcard
One thing is for sure, if he is coaching a team right now and his team is doing great it won't be until after the bowl game they are playing in, it's going to be awhile imo.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I tend to agree, but I hope it is actually sooner. Maybe end of October just to see how Mickey does. I really think these next two weeks are make or break for Mickey as the head guy. If he comes out and beats Indiana and Rutgers and especially if for some miracle the victories are solid victories and not a squeaker, I think the process drags out longer. If we get beat in both, I think it moves up, but for these next couple of week become "pivotal" (In my best BIll Callahan voice)
If beating Indiana and Rutgers gets him the job then we are in big trouble moving forward . How about Minnesota and Michigan as games that earn him the job.

If beating Indiana and Rutgers gets him the job then we are in big trouble moving forward . How about Minnesota and Michigan as games that earn him the job.
Go re-read my post. If he loses these 2 games he is not going to be the head guy and we can hire someone earlier. If he does win, the process extends longer and yes he is going to have to beat more teams. I'm commenting on the timing. In my eyes if he loses this weekend he will not be the head guy.

I've talked to a number of people I know who are really "involved" in the program and they all assure me that Mickey Joseph will not get the job past this season. The plans are to find a proven winner at this level this time.

I've talked to a number of people I know who are really "involved" in the program and they all assure me that Mickey Joseph will not get the job past this season. The plans are to find a proven winner at this level this time.

I agree with that statement, but it would be pretty difficult conversation if he for some reason won a ton of games.

Reactions: Baxter48
If it's a college coach I'm guessing we won't know till after the bowl games, possibly.

It could also end up being a situation like Bo, in which we knew in December but he stayed and coached his team in the bowl game... and also did some work here.

Yeah, if we get some wins and things look a bit stabilized and the comfort level is there, they might do it more towards the end of Oct. I doubt anyone is expecting wins towards the end of the schedule, so agree that the MJ decision kind of needs to happen in the next month.

If you're going outside the program, it probably depends more on the situation of the next HC.

I'm thinking MJ has to win the next 4 to improve his odds of retention.

Go re-read my post. If he loses these 2 games he is not going to be the head guy and we can hire someone earlier. If he does win, the process extends longer and yes he is going to have to beat more teams. I'm commenting on the timing. In my eyes if he loses this weekend he will not be the head guy.
Don't see how Mickey or any coach for that matter can win more than one or two games with these current players. But sometimes luck wins out.

What say you?
Maybe. Depends on when Kansas' season is over.

What say you?
Trev isn't going to reveal anything early even if a contract is already signed. I think he would communicate a decision to Mickey ahead of time or at least it would be severely sh!tty not to.

ADVERTISEMENT