ADVERTISEMENT

When Albert's and Frost meet next

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
What do you suppose that sounds like? Not trying to be jokey this time either.

Does Albert's just ask some questions and listen to Frost as he explains why things are going so poorly. Albert's knows X's and O's well enough, but I suppose he stays out of that entirely since this is the coaches entire purpose.

Does Albert's advise him on how Frost might change philosophies and management style? For example, does he nudge Frost to hand over play calling duties. I know coaches despise that idea.

But as we've discussed before, Frost is doing a poor job managing the team as a whole. He seems to be way over balanced on the offensive side of the ball and even that isn't working, meanwhile special teams sucks and stupid penalties persist.

Is Albert's sympathetic to him to encourage him the best he can, or is he aloof and planning to let him sink or swim on his own. The relationship is like that of owner and coach. With exception the owner stays out of the operations.

Does Albert's just ask some questions and listen to Frost as he explains why things are going so poorly. Albert's knows X's and O's well enough, but I suppose he stays out of that entirely since this is the coaches entire purpose.

Does Albert's advise him on how Frost might change philosophies and management style? For example, does he nudge Frost to hand over play calling duties. I know coaches despise that idea.

But as we've discussed before, Frost is doing a poor job managing the team as a whole. He seems to be way over balanced on the offensive side of the ball and even that isn't working, meanwhile special teams sucks and stupid penalties persist.

Is Albert's sympathetic to him to encourage him the best he can, or is he aloof and planning to let him sink or swim on his own. The relationship is like that of owner and coach. With exception the owner stays out of the operations.
What I'd like to know is when they interviewed Alberts did they make sure and verify that he had the stomach to fire Frost if/when necessary?

I personally think the change in athletic director signaled the beginning of the end for Frost. I think the higher ups had a good idea of where things were going with Frost. I don’t have the impression we are trying to salvage this.

"I can promise you, you will never hear me talk about numbers of wins" when it comes to football expectations.- Trev Alberts
He never really has said publicly what his expectations are to my knowledge. So, who the hell knows what he’ll say to Frosty.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I personally think the change in athletic director signaled the beginning of the end for Frost. I think the higher ups had a good idea of where things were going with Frost. I don’t have the impression we are trying to salvage this.
I think so. Ronnie green is no dummy. You don't want that falling on Moos who had one foot out the door. Bring in Alberts. He will have been in his job for a sufficient amount of time before he gives Frost the ax. I think he was also tasked with tightening up the ship as much as possible to see if that had positive results

Maybe. I think Moos's prolonged absence from Lincoln along with some of his indiscretions put this in motion. Moos was a lame duck AD with no political capital to support him at a time when we clearly needed some leadership. Moos hasn't done us any favors in his dealing with the B1G. In any case, IF Moos was to fire Frost, it might cause some waves. IF Alberts has to fire Frost nobody will blink an eye.

181583.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
It's autocorrect. Try not to take it personally.
Oh my goodness gracious! My absolute apologies!!

Well, what are your feelings on Adrienne Martines today? How do you feel about Scatt Frawst?

I wonder what Jason Peters thinks of this game.... 🤔 or Tommy Frasier?

Trev axed football and wrestling at UNO, after being a former college football analyst and college player (and NFL stud). He axed the one sport that had given him so much. This was not a popular decision at the time but it needed to be done.

He can and will fire Frost. And it will be a popular decision this time...
This. Alberts knows what he's doing, and I don't think he's going to play favorites or risk his own career and reputation blindly aligning with Frost.

Oh my goodness gracious! My absolute apologies!!

Well, what are your feelings on Adrienne Martines today? How do you feel about Scatt Frawst?

I wonder what Jason Peters thinks of this game.... 🤔 or Tommy Frasier?
Man…ratchet it down a bit. No biggie.

Yeah, I don't think it is the AD's job to tell the coach how to coach or what "philosophy" to use.

Maybe he can give him a ****ing book. on energy busses and vampires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT