ADVERTISEMENT

What's so great about Todd Monken?

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
I know he turned Southern Miss around. However, he only stayed there for three years, first year he went 1-11, second year he went 3-9, and his third year he went 9-5. Kind of a resemblance to what Scott Frost did at UCF, yet Scott failed miserably here.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I know he turned Southern Miss around. However, he only stayed there for three years, first year he went 1-11, second year he went 3-9, and his third year he went 9-5. Kind of a resemblance to what Scott Frost did at UCF, yet Scott failed miserably here
If you can win at Southern Miss you can win anywhere. The fact that Kirby chose him as his OC should tell you something

If you can win at Southern Miss you can win anywhere. The fact that Kirby chose him as his OC should tell you something
You could also argue that if you can win at UCF, you can win anywhere. UCF was 0-12 before Frost arrived, they were just as big of a dumpster fire as Southern Miss before Todd Monken arrived.

You could also argue that if you can win at UCF, you can win anywhere. UCF was 0-12 before Frost arrived, they were just as big of a dumpster fire as Southern Miss before Todd Monken arrived.
Go back a little past that 0-12

I know he turned Southern Miss around. However, he only stayed there for three years, first year he went 1-11, second year he went 3-9, and his third year he went 9-5. Kind of a resemblance to what Scott Frost did at UCF, yet Scott failed miserably here.
He's been successful as an offensive coordinator and he has three years experience as a head coach. But I really hope that we don't hire an offensive coordinator and give them the title of head coach.

The game coaching style of Bill Callahan and Scott Frost was awful. I swear the two of those guys could go an entire game without even talking to a single player. Nose in the playbook, lost in their own thoughts....

One thing with Todd monken is his team will ALWAYS have a stellar offense

He's been successful as an offensive coordinator and he has three years experience as a head coach. But I really hope that we don't hire an offensive coordinator and give them the title of head coach.

The game coaching style of Bill Callahan and Scott Frost was awful. I swear the two of those guys could go an entire game without even talking to a single player. Nose in the playbook, lost in their own thoughts....
Bill Callahan wasn't so bad. We had a couple of winning seasons under Callahan and that win over Michigan in the Alamo Bowl was one of the best games ever.

He'd be cheaper?

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
He built up Southern Miss just like Scott Frost built up UCF.
George O’Leary left 10 win talent for Frost. If I remember right he had a top 15 recruiting rank 2 years before Frost got there. Something tells me that Southern Miss is a lot tougher sell than UCF and Orlando.

Reactions: WHCSC
Simply being granted an access badge at UGA makes you more qualified to lead a program than 99.98% of mankind

OP this thread is pretty dumb

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
George O’Leary left 10 win talent for Frost. If I remember right he had a top 15 recruiting rank 2 years before Frost got there. Something tells me that Southern Miss is a lot tougher sell than UCF and Orlando.
Southern Miss was 12-2 before Todd Monken arrived. Larry Fedora has built Southern Miss into one of the best G5 teams. Larry left and Ellis Johnson took over. Ellis Johnson ran Southern Miss into the ground. Not entirely different than what happened at UCF.

Southern Miss was 12-2 before Todd Monken arrived. Larry Fedora has built Southern Miss into one of the best G5 teams. Larry left and Ellis Johnson took over. Ellis Johnson ran Southern Miss into the ground. Not entirely different than what happened at UCF.
Throw any experience prior to being the UGA OC and he’s just as qualified

To beat Georgia, you have to get past their defense which is no easy task.

There are a lot of offenses in college football better than Georgia's.
He’s a good OC. You start there and his time at Georgia is going to make him a very attractive hire for somebody. He’s a very bright guy who works his butt off

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
And Jeff Bower. He put up 14 winning seasons in a row at Southern Miss.
Maybe the landscape has changed and So Miss has been left behind. But for many years, the Golden Eagles were a dangerous team capable of competing with anybody. There’s a lot of sleeper talent in Mississippi. Add in the 2nd chance transfers from the SEC and So Miss was a handful.

Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT