ADVERTISEMENT

What would your alternate schedule look like?

My schedule is based on proximity. Fargo is 7 hours away. The Gophers and Razorbacks are shorter drives than the Bison. I believe every team on my list is under 6 hours from Lincoln. Easy to bus to.
Never understood why no home and away with Arkansas. Ever.

Reactions: cornhustler
Not sure if serious or not but it might make more sense than not. If the schedule is reduced so will the opportunities for those players to get in their 4 games to preserve their red shirt status. Schedule some state schools, NAIA, even CC games and get some experience for those players who are not front line. I am guessing many on here do not remember the old JV days, I used to go to at least two a year in Lincoln. Load people on a couple of buses, go to some stadiums in Nebraska and play some games.

Of course, the NCAA would need to approve. Things could be in such a mess for everyone, who knows what things will look like. The players, at any level, are just going to want to play a real live game against someone.

It doesn't make any sense at all. It would be a non competitive slaughter. I am stunned you even think its a viable option.

Never understood why no home and away with Arkansas. Ever.

I’d have to do some research looking back at older press guides, but at one time Nebraska had Arkansas and texass scheduled in the same year but that was many years ago when Nebraska was in the Big 8 and eventually they were canceled..

It doesn't make any sense at all. It would be a non competitive slaughter. I am stunned you even think its a viable option.

Whatever you think. Nebraska has close to 150 athletes and getting games scheduled outside of Nebraska is going to be difficult if not impossible. The best NAIA or CC teams against the Nebraska kids who would never see the field may not be the "slaughter" you propose.

There are already reports that several B1G teams are planing to cancel their seasons but haven't announced it because of recruiting. Some are scheduling smaller schools in their areas just to have games.

Teams are going to do whatever they can to keep games going and all bets are off. There are just too many variables.

Whatever you think. Nebraska has close to 150 athletes and getting games scheduled outside of Nebraska is going to be difficult if not impossible. The best NAIA or CC teams against the Nebraska kids who would never see the field may not be the "slaughter" you propose.

There are already reports that several B1G teams are planing to cancel their seasons but haven't announced it because of recruiting. Some are scheduling smaller schools in their areas just to have games.

Teams are going to do whatever they can to keep games going and all bets are off. There are just too many variables.

Dude, I played in the NAIA. I still attend NAIA games. The best NAIA team vs. a bunch of 3rd and 4th string Power 5 programs would get slaughtered.

Nebraska's 3rd string offensive line is Broc Bando, Matt Sichterman, Turner Corchoran, Hunter Miller, and Matthew Anderson.

The average NAIA defensive line weighs roughly 250 lbs.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Well, that may have been in the past but not now. I watch a NAIA team and they are much bigger than that but then again they have been rated in the top 10 consistently the last couple of years. Here is a link to average sizes of players in all divisions per position. https://www.ncsasports.org/football/recruiting-guidelines

In the days when Nebraska played CC's with our freshmen, they seemed to hang in there. I am not advocating for it but when the scramble starts, coaches and admins are going to do whatever they can to get kids on some kind of field of play. With potential restrictions for travel, infection outbreaks, all bets are off. Coaches will do whatever they can do to get some players some reps any way possible, controlled scrimmage, whatever it takes, just to keep them engaged.

Well, that may have been in the past but not now. I watch a NAIA team and they are much bigger than that but then again they have been rated in the top 10 consistently the last couple of years. Here is a link to average sizes of players in all divisions per position. https://www.ncsasports.org/football/recruiting-guidelines

In the days when Nebraska played CC's with our freshmen, they seemed to hang in there. I am not advocating for it but when the scramble starts, coaches and admins are going to do whatever they can to get kids on some kind of field of play. With potential restrictions for travel, infection outbreaks, all bets are off. Coaches will do whatever they can do to get some players some reps any way possible, controlled scrimmage, whatever it takes, just to keep them engaged.

Morningside vs. this line up would lose 84-0:

QB - Logan Smothers
RB - Marvin Scott III
TE - Kurt Rafdal
R- Julian Fleming
Z - Demarious Houston
X - Chris Hickman
OT - Matthew Anderson
OG - Noudren Nouilli
C - Hunter Miller
OG - Broc Bando
OT - Matt Sichterman