ADVERTISEMENT

What Was Your First Husker Game Day Experience Like?

Huskercjb

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
Beatrice, Nebraska
I had been a Husker fan for a long time but had never been to a game. I was attending Wayne State College and working at a group home for men with developmental disabilities. I offered to take a group of the guys to the Spring game. That morning I loaded up five of the guys and headed for Lincoln. I hadn't driven Lincoln much but had a general idea about how to get to the stadium.

We got to Lincoln and I took O street to 17th and then left on R street. But I couldn't find a way to the stadium. On my third trip around I jumped the curb and drove on the sidewalk past the Sheldon Art Museum and over to the stadium. Parking wasn't hard to find and because I was driving a state van. None said anything.

Even back then the stadium was pretty full for the Spring game. When I walked through the tunnel and first saw the scene in front of me I was overwhelmed. I had never seen so many people gathered to watch a sporting event. The field was the greenest green I had ever seen and the red in the stands was so incredible. After the game; the guys got some autographs and the players were very nice.

We took a different route to drive away from the stadium. All in all, it was an absolute blast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News