ADVERTISEMENT

What to look for

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
So I am going on a two week vacation to Vegas and Phoenix and going to go to all the Husker baseball games their first two series. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to look for as the new season unfolds? The two things I will be focusing on is the infield defense and the ability of the pitchers to pound the zone. I was able last year to catch the first two weekends and the biggest thing I came away with then was a shakier than anticipated left side of the infield and pitchers not filling it up. I would hope that both those areas look better this year and expect it has much to do with early season problems with not getting outside to practice as much as they would like to. Having said that, is there anything in particular you'd like for me to pay a little attention to for you? I plan on getting on here after each game (probably the morning after the game) over the first two series and giving you any feedback you would like.

One of things I'm most curious to see this year is how/if we attack once on base. DE has often said he wants to put pressure on the defense with aggressive base running. So far, I don't think we've seen a lot of that and with the lack of power we've had and appear to lack again this year, would like to see us finally move in that direction.

Originally posted by TheHuskeRed:
So I am going on a two week vacation to Vegas and Phoenix and going to go to all the Husker baseball games their first two series. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to look for as the new season unfolds? The two things I will be focusing on is the infield defense and the ability of the pitchers to pound the zone. I was able last year to catch the first two weekends and the biggest thing I came away with then was a shakier than anticipated left side of the infield and pitchers not filling it up. I would hope that both those areas look better this year and expect it has much to do with early season problems with not getting outside to practice as much as they would like to. Having said that, is there anything in particular you'd like for me to pay a little attention to for you? I plan on getting on here after each game (probably the morning after the game) over the first two series and giving you any feedback you would like.
I'd just be interested to hear your impressions about what you see. The more, the better.

I absolutely will give you my impressions after each game. I won't try and step on the guy who normally gives a running play by play on this board except maybe for some of those "you got to be kidding me" plays where I have eyes on target and can give live commentary.

I will look at the running game and how aggressively we play it this year. As I go over in my mind the favorites to start I don't know how much team speed we will actually have. Nor do I know what the new coaches philosophy will be. I assume Mike Kirby will be the third base coach.

It's great to be ranked as one of the top teams in the conference...hopefully that will give them the confidence and swagger they possibly have been lacking during the later Anderson years. Am soooooo excited to get down there and see how they start the season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT