What the hell are you guys trying to do?

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
So what I’m gathering here is that when the group of people you agree with challenge elections it’s okay but when the other one does it isn’t.

Nah, challenge an election but do it based on something and do it within the legal procedures. Trumpers surrounded the building, some stormed into the building. The lost all of the legal procedures leading up to it. Then followed it with challenging it in congress based on nothing. Bill Barr said there was nothing. Texas found nothing, Georgia found nothing. There was nothing. No reason to challenge the result other than they lost by 7 million votes and didn't like it. And the 6-3 conservative supreme court just killed the last one pending at their desk, again.

At this point we have a political party that propped up a fake issue, stormed a building, 147 R's in congress voted to over turn the election based on the fake issue. They tried a hostile takeover to maintain a Trump presidency.

Reactions: philosophusker

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Do you have anything better than a Memorandum of Opinion from the Office of Legal Counsel of The United States Justice Department?

There isn't but it's how we govern. The solution when a president has committed high crimes and misdemeanors is to impeach. Then he can face his legal issues after the fact. Unfortunately impeachment is a highly political process and seemingly not a process interested in 'fair' or 'right' outcomes, as seen with the 2 impeachments of Donald Trump. He should have been fired for using the treasury to shake down a foreign country for a political favor. The second for incitement of insurrection in which R's could have prevented him from ever running for office again. Which would be appropriate at minimum after his encouraging an overthrow of our democracy.

...TrueColors...

College Football Hall of Fame
Jan 22, 2009
Nah, challenge an election but do it based on something and do it within the legal procedures. Trumpers surrounded the building, some stormed into the building. The lost all of the legal procedures leading up to it. Then followed it with challenging it in congress based on nothing. Bill Barr said there was nothing. Texas found nothing, Georgia found nothing. There was nothing. No reason to challenge the result other than they lost by 7 million votes and didn't like it. And the 6-3 conservative supreme court just killed the last one pending at their desk, again.

At this point we have a political party that propped up a fake issue, stormed a building, 147 R's in congress voted to over turn the election based on the fake issue. They tried a hostile takeover to maintain a Trump presidency.

There were many legitimate challenges to voting procedures that had nothing to do with fraud.

Excuse me if I don’t take 200 people storming the capitol as a legitimate threat to democracy. If American democracy is that fragile we really don’t deserve to have a country.

Reactions: Bobfather

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
There were many legitimate challenges to voting procedures that had nothing to do with fraud.

Excuse me if I don’t take 200 people storming the capitol as a legitimate threat to democracy. If American democracy is that fragile we really don’t deserve to have a country.

What do you think happens, if those people were to find the cases of electoral ballots and destroys them? In parallel what happens if congress had more than 147 votes, especially based on the fraud that never existed?

Does Donald remain president after January 20? For how long? Do we do yet another election? Keep recounting until Georgia finds 1 more vote?

And regardless of whether it being successful, it was an attempt. If I fail to rob a bank this afternoon I still go to jail.

Reactions: philosophusker

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
What do you think happens, if those people were to find the cases of electoral ballots and destroys them? In parallel what happens if congress had more than 147 votes, especially based on the fraud that never existed?

Does Donald remain president after January 20? For how long? Do we do yet another election? Keep recounting until Georgia finds 1 more vote?

And regardless of whether it being successful, it was an attempt. If I fail to rob a bank this afternoon I still go to jail.

Many of the challenges were categorically different than how you’ve characterized them. I can disagree with procedural things and also not believe that there was widespread fraud. Given how many vote by mail ballots were turned in, it was be irresponsible not to analyze what went right and what went wrong and make changes accordingly if this will be the norm.

The people who stormed the capitol have or will soon be facing justice as they should. Two hundred people weren’t going to bring America down. It was an extremely dark day in our nations history that doesn’t reflect the views of many people at all. Saying these people hold mainstream views is way out of touch.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
They should definitely be punished as though their threat was real. Would be like you walking into a bank with your fingers shaped as a gun. You should be punished for attempted robbery (and probably have a psychological examinatiin) but there was never any risk of you robbing the bank.

Reactions: Bobfather

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Many of the challenges were categorically different than how you’ve characterized them. I can disagree with procedural things and also not believe that there was widespread fraud. Given how many vote by mail ballots were turned in, it was be irresponsible not to analyze what went right and what went wrong and make changes accordingly if this will be the norm.

The people who stormed the capitol have or will soon be facing justice as they should. Two hundred people weren’t going to bring America down. It was an extremely dark day in our nations history that doesn’t reflect the views of many people at all. Saying these people hold mainstream views is way out of touch.
The President wasn't exactly vociferous in his condemnation of these losers......so, it may have been out of the mainstream for Republicans (although according to polling half of Republicans think that demonstration was peaceful or staged by Antifa), it isn't on its face out of the plane of thought of 45

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
The President wasn't exactly vociferous in his condemnation of these losers......so, it may have been out of the mainstream for Republicans (although according to polling half of Republicans think that demonstration was peaceful or staged by Antifa), it isn't on its face out of the plane of thought of 45

Yes, these were/are losers. Yes, it is out of the mainstream of thought for republicans and you proved my point by essentially saying that certain people poled attempted to blame it on something left wing.

There were 10,000 people at the capitol for that rally. So to say it was a mostly peaceful rally is factual. Truly, I don’t know what a president on his way out is doing holding a rally that day. It is very on brand of 45 to never admit defeat even when the scoreboard shows it, however.

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Yes, these were/are losers. Yes, it is out of the mainstream of thought for republicans and you proved my point by essentially saying that certain people poled attempted to blame it on something left wing.

There were 10,000 people at the capitol for that rally. So to say it was a mostly peaceful rally is factual. Truly, I don’t know what a president on his way out is doing holding a rally that day. It is very on brand of 45 to never admit defeat even when the scoreboard shows it, however.
No argument.

I think, as an aside, we really need to do more to quit making enemies of people who simply have different opinions. We are all guilty of that. I need to do better. We need to stop defending our side because it happened on our side (you did a good job of acknowledging some of those failures on your side above).....people on the other side need to acknowledge the failures of the demonstrations that resulted in riots (and continue to) as well.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
No argument.

I think, as an aside, we really need to do more to quit making enemies of people who simply have different opinions. We are all guilty of that. I need to do better. We need to stop defending our side because it happened on our side (you did a good job of acknowledging some of those failures on your side above).....people on the other side need to acknowledge the failures of the demonstrations that resulted in riots (and continue to) as well.

We are not that different yet the media and everyone in power would have you believe that we are Kane and Abel. Ultimately, you and I have more in common with Iowa Hawkeye fans on Black Friday than we do with many of the people we vote for.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
I didn't think so. Trump doing nothing for 4 years really set us back.

But BBB has us on the right path again!

We need to oust do nothings like Gym Jordan and Marjorie Traitor Greene. These fvckers basically admit the are in Washington to do nothing but oppose libs.

Do something for once Gym! I think we can all agree there.
Nope we need 300 more Jordan’s and Greene’s in DC to shut the communist demoRat party down! Iran, China, Russia or regimes like them are not the biggest threat to the constitution of the United States the DemoRat party and its Pravda the drive by media is!

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
You Forgot the extra Room in the WH for his 48 year Old Crack addicted kid to have pajama party’s with a MF China Spy 🕵️‍♂️?
He can have Eric's old room, would have to up grade the meth lab to crack tho which I've heard is a bvtch

Latest posts