What the hell are you guys trying to do?

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Regarding christianity..

When you use Christianity within the political or scientific sphere. It is opened up to scrutiny.

If the arguments aren't based on sound reasoning or pass logical syllogisms.. it has to be scrutinized or we may as well consider our nation to be one based on a people fearful of reprisal of theocratic mythology

This, I have no issue with Christians doing their silly stuff.

It’s when they cross the line and act like other people should believe the same ideas they have based on their religion I get triggered.

Just don’t act like I’m the weird one because I don’t go to a meeting at a special building once a week to interpret/learn from these crazy ass books.

You believing your weird shit should have nothing to do with how I live my life.

Reactions: ehenningsen

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
In 1994 it was fine to kill a gay man in Wyoming... so not much changed over 170 years, eh?

Also, the Abraham Lincoln’s Republican Party looks nothing like today’s GOP other than having the same name. Philosophically, they look nothing alike.
The Wyoming incident was really sad. No question. I think we've come farther in the last 20 years than the 200 before. That's good.

These parties have no other motivation other than winning votes the best way they think possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: countrybob

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Adding specific States to the Union so you can get 2 more Senators? DC Statehood is completely unconstitutional.

Adding 4 (for some reason that's the number) judges to the Supreme Court so you can name all 4? Again, unconstitutional.

Printing money endlessly?

Making sure that people of different races hate and resent each other?

Promoting riots and burning down businesses and personal property?

Assaulting people and justifying it with racial excuses?

No voting rules?

Killing Babies with absolutely no heart in the matter?

Teaching kids that their parents are racists?

Taking people's jobs if they say the "wrong" things?

Bashing Christianity at every turn?

Many other things.

What the hell is the matter with you people? Do you hate this country and most of the people in it so much that you want to destroy everything? Do you have any idea the damage you are causing to everyone and everything, and how this is empowering your enemies? Do you think that people should be able to violently force their will on you?

I've never seen anything like what you guys are doing now. It's simply crazy, something you might have imagined in some 3rd World dictatorship.
Sounds like the Dems are doing a lot! Finally some things happening in Washington it's about time.

The do-nothing Republican's time is up.

Reactions: legomanyacts

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Now that’s funny!
I didn't think so. Trump doing nothing for 4 years really set us back.

But BBB has us on the right path again!

We need to oust do nothings like Gym Jordan and Marjorie Traitor Greene. These fvckers basically admit the are in Washington to do nothing but oppose libs.

Do something for once Gym! I think we can all agree there.

BOBEBASS

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001

We need to oust do nothings like Gym Jordan and Marjorie Traitor Greene. These fvckers basically admit the are in Washington to do nothing but oppose libs.

Trump did nothing is complete BS. That’s CNN and other hate media lies. Try Google Trump’s accomplishments!

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Sounds like the Dems are doing a lot! Finally some things happening in Washington it's about time.

The do-nothing Republican's time is up.
Do you want the things that they are doing and want to do? Seriously, you want the mess we're in to continue to escalate for the sake of "doing something"?

I could list 100 things that the republicans have done over the past 5 years. How can you say "do-nothing"?

You want an ever expanding supreme court, a political arm of the people in power at the time?

You want DC to be a state when it was mandated not to be a state for a specific purpose, just to get two more dem senators?

You want MASSIVE illegal immigration flooding our country, schools, health care, and other services. Do you want to pay for that and do you think others have the right to make me pay for that?

Think about what you're saying. This isn't just about getting the upper hand in some bullshit political debate anymore, it's about our Country's survival and our freedom.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Do you want the things that they are doing and want to do? Seriously, you want the mess we're in to continue to escalate for the sake of "doing something"?

I could list 100 things that the republicans have done over the past 5 years. How can you say "do-nothing"?

You want an ever expanding supreme court, a political arm of the people in power at the time?

You want DC to be a state when it was mandated not to be a state for a specific purpose, just to get two more dem senators?

You want MASSIVE illegal immigration flooding our country, schools, health care, and other services. Do you want to pay for that and do you think others have the right to make me pay for that?

Think about what you're saying. This isn't just about getting the upper hand in some bullshit political debate anymore, it's about our Country's survival and our freedom.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I don’t think you know what’s the in the Constitution based on this and your OP. State splitting is allowed and there is nothing in Article 3 about how many judges sit on the Supreme Court.
You have to have the legislatures of the states approve. The congress cannot just split a state or combine 2 states if they want.

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Trump did nothing is complete BS. That’s CNN and other hate media lies. Try Google Trump’s accomplishments!
I'm no fan of Trump, not by a wide stretch, but to say he has done nothing is foolish. You can argue that he may have done nothing you like....but to say he has done nothing, come on....I think if we just put aside our partisanship for a minute we can find things he did (without looking too hard) that we agree with.

I'll start - he was making progress on Criminal Justice Reform. He reduced corporate tax rates (probably more than was needed) to make businesses more competitive. I have no issues with these at all. To his followers, he reshaped the Supreme Court for generations (whether you like it or not, that is an accomplishment).

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002

Your lack of introspection and objectivity in your response is fitting.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Adding specific States to the Union so you can get 2 more Senators? DC Statehood is completely unconstitutional. -

Oh the nerve of people wanting representation within government...

Adding 4 (for some reason that's the number) judges to the Supreme Court so you can name all 4? Again, unconstitutional. -

Judicial structure is fair game as precedence has been set my Mitch McConnell and Lyndsey "check the tape" Graham.

Printing money endlessly? -

I'm glad you found fiscal responsibility again.

Making sure that people of different races hate and resent each other? -

Perhaps the R's should be a little less "white nationalist"

Promoting riots and burning down businesses and personal property? -

Perhaps the R's shouldn't storm the capital building and trample police.

Assaulting people and justifying it with racial excuses? -

I don't even know what this means.

No voting rules? -

Still plenty of rules, the idea is to increase access to the right to vote.. legally and legitimately. Turn out is bad for R's. Watch the hearing from the other day.

Killing Babies with absolutely no heart in the matter? -

I think this is about giving a woman an option to choose, especially when it may mean her life is lost in the matter. I'm sure some have no heart in the matter.

Teaching kids that their parents are racists? -

If their parents are white nationalists they are racist.

Taking people's jobs if they say the "wrong" things? -

Cancel culture is a bipartisan issue.

Bashing Christianity at every turn? -

They deserve it.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I'm no fan of Trump, not by a wide stretch, but to say he has done nothing is foolish. You can argue that he may have done nothing you like....but to say he has done nothing, come on....I think if we just put aside our partisanship for a minute we can find things he did (without looking too hard) that we agree with.

I'll start - he was making progress on Criminal Justice Reform. He reduced corporate tax rates (probably more than was needed) to make businesses more competitive. I have no issues with these at all. To his followers, he reshaped the Supreme Court for generations (whether you like it or not, that is an accomplishment).

Early in his administration he put a bunch of funding toward autism, which I liked. I did like the progress on criminal justice reform but there is a long way to go. Way early on (primary-ish) I did like how he challenged the narrative and the traditions of government. I was ok with his idea of say, talking to Kim Jong Un because well.. we never tried it before and it was the same old story
administration by administration. The 'how' I could argue there.

His negatives dramatically outweighed anything positive he did. Like its not even close.

Reactions: argon

...TrueColors...

College Football Hall of Fame
Jan 22, 2009

This coming from the retard who thinks there’s some sort of legal precedent for the president being faced with an indictment while in office.

Go sit at the little kids table while the adults talk. You’ll be the smartest 5 year old there.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
This coming from the retard who thinks there’s some sort of legal precedent for the president being faced with an indictment while in office.

Go sit at the little kids table while the adults talk. You’ll be the smartest 5 year old there.

You know what's wrong with your scenario? Having a president legitimately testing the eligibility of facing indictment. It's an odd defense of reprehensible behavior. Nixon resigned for less back when there were principles within the R party.

Reactions: philosophusker

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
You know what's wrong with your scenario? Having a president legitimately testing the eligibility of facing indictment. It's an odd defense of reprehensible behavior. Nixon resigned for less back when there were principles within the R party.

It’s absolutely hilarious watching the left pretend their party actually has principles while shitting on the other side.

Your politics don’t make you a better person and the left is completely void of any actual standards. Sorry.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
It’s absolutely hilarious watching the left pretend their party actually has principles while shitting on the other side.

Your politics don’t make you a better person and the left is completely void of any actual standards. Sorry.

They aren't perfect by any stretch, and never said they were. They also haven't tried to overthrow democracy, leverage the federal government spending power in exchange for personal political favors, and collude with foreign governments to try to win elections. The modern R's are willing to end democracy in order to "own the libs".

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
They aren't perfect by any stretch, and never said they were. They also haven't tried to overthrow democracy, leverage the federal government spending power in exchange for personal political favors, and collude with foreign governments to try to win elections. The modern R's are willing to end democracy in order to "own the libs".

First, are we talking about all people to the left of center? Or about 300 people out of the 10,000 that were at the capitol that day that chose to break the law? If Antifa and BLM rioters that caused 2 billion in damage last year aren’t reflective of the entire left, then the people that decided to break the law on 1/6 aren’t reflective of the entire right.

I honestly can’t believe you typed “leverage the federal government spending power in exchange for personal political favors” with a straight face knowing full well who the president of the United States is.

I’m missing the evidence that proves anyone colluded with a foreign power to win an election. We’ve been through this and this piece has basically been shown to not have substantial evidence to prove.

The left is not this morally superior group of people and aligning with them politically doesn’t immediately make you a better person.

Reactions: Soda Popinski

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
First, are we talking about all people to the left of center? Or about 300 people out of the 10,000 that were at the capitol that day that chose to break the law? If Antifa and BLM rioters that caused 2 billion in damage last year aren’t reflective of the entire left, then the people that decided to break the law on 1/6 aren’t reflective of the entire right.

I honestly can’t believe you typed “leverage the federal government spending power in exchange for personal political favors” with a straight face knowing full well who the president of the United States is.

I’m missing the evidence that proves anyone colluded with a foreign power to win an election. We’ve been through this and this piece has basically been shown to not have substantial evidence to prove.

The left is not this morally superior group of people and aligning with them politically doesn’t immediately make you a better person.

The people broke the law in effort to overthrow democracy after a rally led by the former president based on a big lie that had no evidence to support it.

You can leverage the US spending power as a matter of policy. We can use our wallet to push an agenda as a matter of national policy not for personal gain. Cutting off aid unless the Ukraine fired a guy was something that the international community encouraged and supported. Cutting off that aid was not in exchange for a personal political favor.

Manafort (campaign manager), Gates, and Stone all have evidence sprinkled around them.

I never claimed to be a better person. I just know the modern R's support overthrowing democracy.

There were 147 that voted to overturn the results... this isn't rocket surgery. Democrat party isn't holy and noble, but they do believe in at least having a government.

*The part that depressing to me is actually having to debate how low the bar has been set.

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
The people broke the law in effort to overthrow democracy after a rally led by the former president based on a big lie that had no evidence to support it.

You can leverage the US spending power as a matter of policy. We can use our wallet to push an agenda as a matter of national policy not for personal gain. Cutting off aid unless the Ukraine fired a guy was something that the international community encouraged and supported. Cutting off that aid was not in exchange for a personal political favor.

Manafort (campaign manager), Gates, and Stone all have evidence sprinkled around them.

I never claimed to be a better person. I just know the modern R's support overthrowing democracy.

There were 147 that voted to overturn the results... this isn't rocket surgery. Democrat party isn't holy and noble, but they do believe in at least having a government.

*The part that depressing to me is actually having to debate how low the bar has been set.

Yes, the people who broke the law did so after a Trump rally. There were roughly 10,000 people there. The people who did so are an extremely small group and don’t reflect the views of the overwhelming majority of people who are right of center. That is an undisputed fact. You arguing that their views and actions are endorsed by a large portion of republicans shows you’re completely out of touch with what people who disagree with you actually believe.

You can certainly be of the opinion shady matters happened whilst Trump was the president. It’s extremely hypocritical to not acknowledge that Biden hasn’t engaged in categorically similar matters. He’s been there 50 years. He’s got dirt on his hands as well.

The democrats objected to more states electoral votes in 2016 than the republicans did in 2020. So your point about republicans not wanting a government at all is kind of interesting.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
What makes me dumb? I pointed out that you were wrong and you based your entire premise off of your incorrect statement. That’s embarrassing.
Your dumb because you don't know anything and don't seem capable of learning. Do you get dressed by yourself in the mornings or do you have a "helper"?

You don't know you are dumb because of your limited mental capacity. I am trying to help you.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
Your dumb because you don't know anything and don't seem capable of learning. Do you get dressed by yourself in the mornings or do you have a "helper"?

You don't know you are dumb because of your limited mental capacity. I am trying to help you.

You’re*

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009

Please tell me what law or legal precedent shows you can’t indict a sitting president since you’re so sure in the other thread and it’s the only reason Trump isn’t in prison.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Splitting states is expressly prohibited by the constitution. If that were the case, then make Nebraska and Utah 30 states each. They won't propose PR because it would probably not vote their way. I work a lot in PR and they hate the democrats.
1589206235552.gif

You have to have the legislatures of the states approve. The congress cannot just split a state or combine 2 states if they want.

Reactions: philosophusker

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Please tell me what law or legal precedent shows you can’t indict a sitting president since you’re so sure in the other thread and it’s the only reason Trump isn’t in prison.
I think you misunderstand the word "can't" in this scenario. Not surprising with your limited mental abilities.

Trying to indict a sitting president near the end of his term is not a good use of resources because of the time it would take to get it through the courts. You might as well wait until he is disgracefully removed from office (like T***p was) and then indict him afterwords.

Look how long T***p already drags out his many, many, many, many, many lawsuits. He would do the same if he was indicted during his presidency. But since everybody knew he would lose his election badly, there was no point to indict.

Hope this helps.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Yes, the people who broke the law did so after a Trump rally. There were roughly 10,000 people there. The people who did so are an extremely small group and don’t reflect the views of the overwhelming majority of people who are right of center. That is an undisputed fact. You arguing that their views and actions are endorsed by a large portion of republicans shows you’re completely out of touch with what people who disagree with you actually believe.

You can certainly be of the opinion shady matters happened whilst Trump was the president. It’s extremely hypocritical to not acknowledge that Biden hasn’t engaged in categorically similar matters. He’s been there 50 years. He’s got dirt on his hands as well.

The democrats objected to more states electoral votes in 2016 than the republicans did in 2020. So your point about republicans not wanting a government at all is kind of interesting.

10,000 people were there to show support for not accepting the results of the election, a few hundred entered. Posters on this very board still subscribe to the voter fraud lie and the election wasn't "real".

Joe is as about as clean as you can get *for a politician*. He very much supports democracy and you can tell he has at least some respect for the job he has. He is far from perfect and wasn't my first choice as a replacement.

Those challenges were silly, but based in concerns over foreign interference in our election process and that HRC beat Donald by 3 million votes. A means to protest the electoral college is broken when you can win the election by 3 million votes and still lose. HRC conceded her loss. Donald hasn't and won't. My Pillow is still pushing the lie. Donald still playing his 'greatest hits' at events. The R's challenged it based on the 'nothing' that was voter fraud, while losing by even more votes this time.

What has been the response since? Changing voting laws to reduce the time available to vote and make it harder to vote, under the premise to solve a problem that doesn't exist (fraud).

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
I think you misunderstand the word "can't" in this scenario. Not surprising with your limited mental abilities.

Trying to indict a sitting president near the end of his term is not a good use of resources because of the time it would take to get it through the courts. You might as well wait until he is disgracefully removed from office (like T***p was) and then indict him afterwords.

Look how long T***p already drags out his many, many, many, many, many lawsuits. He would do the same if he was indicted during his presidency. But since everybody knew he would lose his election badly, there was no point to indict.

Hope this helps.

Id be happy to quote the post where you said you can’t indict a sitting president. I’ve already got it teed up.

This whole post is laughably out of sequence. Don’t call anyone else dumb kiddo.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
10,000 people were there to show support for not accepting the results of the election, a few hundred entered. Posters on this very board still subscribe to the voter fraud lie and the election wasn't "real".

Joe is as about as clean as you can get *for a politician*. He very much supports democracy and you can tell he has at least some respect for the job he has. He is far from perfect and wasn't my first choice as a replacement.

Those challenges were silly, but based in concerns over foreign interference in our election process and that HRC beat Donald by 3 million votes. A means to protest the electoral college is broken when you can win the election by 3 million votes and still lose. HRC conceded her loss. Donald hasn't and won't. My Pillow is still pushing the lie. Donald still playing his 'greatest hits' at events. The R's challenged it based on the 'nothing' that was voter fraud, while losing by even more votes this time.

What has been the response since? Changing voting laws to reduce the time available to vote and make it harder to vote, under the premise to solve a problem that doesn't exist (fraud).

So what I’m gathering here is that when the group of people you agree with challenge elections it’s okay but when the other one does it isn’t.