What the hell are you guys trying to do?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Adding specific States to the Union so you can get 2 more Senators? DC Statehood is completely unconstitutional.

Adding 4 (for some reason that's the number) judges to the Supreme Court so you can name all 4? Again, unconstitutional.

Printing money endlessly?

Making sure that people of different races hate and resent each other?

Promoting riots and burning down businesses and personal property?

Assaulting people and justifying it with racial excuses?

No voting rules?

Killing Babies with absolutely no heart in the matter?

Teaching kids that their parents are racists?

Taking people's jobs if they say the "wrong" things?

Bashing Christianity at every turn?

Letting millions of people from other countries invade our southern boarder?

Many other things.

What the hell is the matter with you people? Do you hate this country and most of the people in it so much that you want to destroy everything? Do you have any idea the damage you are causing to everyone and everything, and how this is empowering your enemies? Do you think that people should be able to violently force their will on you?

I've never seen anything like what you guys are doing now. It's simply crazy, something you might have imagined in some 3rd World dictatorship.

Last edited:

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Adding specific States to the Union so you can get 2 more Senators? DC Statehood is completely unconstitutional.

Adding 4 (for some reason that's the number) judges to the Supreme Court so you can name all 4? Again, unconstitutional.

No voting rules?

Many other things.

What the hell is the matter with you people? Do you hate this country and most of the people in it so much that you want to destroy everything? Do you have any idea the damage you are causing to everyone and everything, and how this is empowering your enemies? Do you think that people should be able to violently force their will on you?

I've never seen anything like what you guys are doing now. It's simply crazy, something you might have imagined in some 3rd World dictatorship.
They have a puppet in power, so they can rubber stamp everything that comes across his desk. America as you knew it is no longer.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I heard they're gonna add 15 states and expand SCOTUS to 100 seats. Dem's will have an 80-50 Senate majority and 94-6 SCOTUS majority.
Obviously that's not going to happen but I do think expanding SCOTUS could get out of control on both sides. Dems add 2 and Pubs add 1 or 2 the next time etc etc.

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001

No voting rules?

Many other things.

We are in the midst of a hostile takeover of our country.

MIHusker9054

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
While I don't disagree with the reasoning for making DC a state, I think a better approach would be through retrocession. Designate the land around the capitol, White House, and Supreme Court the capitol district and return the rest of the land to Maryland. The residents then have representation in congress through Maryland.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
While I don't disagree with the reasoning for making DC a state, I think a better approach would be through retrocession. Designate the land around the capitol, White House, and Supreme Court the capitol district and return the rest of the land to Maryland. The residents then have representation in congress through Maryland.
That would make sense.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Obviously that's not going to happen but I do think expanding SCOTUS could get out of control on both sides. Dems add 2 and Pubs add 1 or 2 the next time etc etc.
I actually don't see a problem with a bigger and bigger court as long as one party doesn't add a ton of seats at once and there are staggered term limits. 20-30 SCOTUS seats evenly divided between parties, 8 year terms that expire in 2 year staggered timeframes and each party just puts their replacement picks on the court every 2 years. No presidential or senate politics involved. Diversity of thought is a good thing in the judicial system.

Reactions: nelsonj22

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
While we’re at retrocession, South Dakota should absorb North Dakota and Montana should become part of Utah.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
If that's what we're going to do with D.C., we should do the exact same thing to the Dakota's. Same logic.

Reactions: nelsonj22

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I actually don't see a problem with a bigger and bigger court as long as one party doesn't add a ton of seats at once and there are staggered term limits. 20-30 SCOTUS seats evenly divided between parties, 8 year terms that expire in 2 year staggered timeframes and each party just puts their replacement picks on the court every 2 years. No presidential or senate politics involved. Diversity of thought is a good thing in the judicial system.
There's a point where too many would be too many. 5-10 more wouldn't be a big deal but beyond that... quality would start to decline at a certain point and I think a smaller group works better when discussing complicated issues.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
I heard they're gonna add 15 states and expand SCOTUS to 100 seats. Dem's will have an 80-50 Senate majority and 94-6 SCOTUS majority.
If the communist could get away with it they would that is why they are trying like hell to repeal the 2nd amendment!

valleyred

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2006

No voting rules?

Many other things.

Stop watching Fox News and go outside. The real world is not as bad as you want it to be

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Its not the same logic though. They're actually 2 states already and each have representation. Currently the DC people do not.
The logic is power struggle.
Conservatives don't want D.C. Statehood because they want a better chance to control the Senate. Dem's then say ND and SD need retrocession so they have a better chance to control the Senate.

What actually matters is D.C. doesn't have representation. There is modern precedent for adding new states, there is no modern precedent for retrocession.

Reactions: 94husker

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Recall the alternate universe where Hillary won in 2016 and pubs keep the SCOTUS at 8 for the next 4 years?

Reactions: 94husker

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
The logic is power struggle.
Conservatives don't want D.C. Statehood because they want a better chance to control the Senate. Dem's then say ND and SD need retrocession so they have a better chance to control the Senate.

What actually matters is D.C. doesn't have representation. There is modern precedent for adding new states, there is no modern precedent for retrocession.
Agree with your first paragraph which is why the dems don't like that idea despite it making way more logical sense.

There's precedence for making now territory a state. If we're talking Puerto Rico of course you don't just make that part of Florida. I would imagine it would be way cheaper to make DC area part of an adjacent state rather than making an entirely new state. So much more efficiencies doing it that way.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Wow, OP missed an opportunity to highlight that Dems finnah be takin' those guns!

sixthsense-wahlberg.png

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Agree with your first paragraph which is why the dems don't like that idea despite it making way more logical sense.

There's precedence for making now territory a state. If we're talking Puerto Rico of course you don't just make that part of Florida. I would imagine it would be way cheaper to make DC area part of an adjacent state rather than making an entirely new state. So much more efficiencies doing it that way.
How so? They already have their own city government, police, health departments etc...

Not trying to be a blowhard, but curious how it would be more efficient to dissolve all of that and merg to an existing state when it could just be used for their new state?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Elections have consequences, a lot of us tried to explain to you shit would get bad if the GOP kept hitching its wagon to an Orange buffoon incapable of managing a Wendy’s
So what you're saying is that the Democrats are a crazy rabid dog and the Republicans are a bad veterinarian.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
How so? They already have their own city government, police, health departments etc...

Not trying to be a blowhard, but curious how it would be more efficient to dissolve all of that and merg to an existing state when it could just be used for their new state?
You wouldn't dissolve or create anything new. Cities still have police departments govt etc. They still will. Whatever additional things come with being a state will be absorbed by the state taking them. If they become a new state there's an entirely new state govt that has to be added. 2 or 3 additional people to every 1 that an existing state would have to add.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
While we’re at retrocession, South Dakota should absorb North Dakota and Montana should become part of Utah.
Yeah, it's the same thing. Combining states compared to turning a constitutionally constructed territory designed for a specific purpose into a new state. Not even nice try!

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
If that's what we're going to do with D.C., we should do the exact same thing to the Dakota's. Same logic.
Not even close to the same logic. Combining 2 states is not the same as making a constitutionally mandated territory a new state. Again, not even nice try!

Reactions: EVERED

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

Small problem, neither Marylanders nor Washingtonians want or would consent to this.

But I like the idea of shrink-wrapping DC to federal those federal buildings.