ADVERTISEMENT

What the heck happened?

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
I had to leave the house to go to a party at halftime down 42-10. I look at my phone and see it ends up 56-44. Did NU play better or did Ped State let up?

Reactions: newAD
I think with all that momentum, Riley should get another year. He deserves it because he’s so very nice. He shows no emotion on the sidelines and he’s a gentleman. Lol. Isn’t this what some dimwits were saying on here a mere 5/6 weeks ago? He needs more time! Lol indeed!

Reactions: blackbones
I had to leave the house to go to a party at halftime down 42-10. I look at my phone and see it ends up 56-44. Did NU play better or did Ped State let up?

That’s what I wanted to know. It was 42-10 and that was the last I knew until long after it was over.

Reactions: supersport24
We watched tOSU's game against them and knew if we spotted them a lot of points that they would allow us to make a huge comeback.

It almost worked.

Diaco and Langs both made huge adjustments at halftime, Riley played a halftime video of Frost giving a huge peptalk to his team which really pumped the team up, and Lee decided to pass more accurately than the first half in an uptempo pace.

Those adjustments were huge.

Score was like 56-24 with 8 minutes to go and the Huskers made some long drives to score very late. The D had a 3-and-out and the O scored again with around 1:20 to go.

We got the onside kick and scored as time ran out. Riley jumped up and down on the sideline pumping his fist as we covered the spread and he won $500k on a bet. Happiest he has looked all year. He said he might play the Frost peptalk before the Iowa game and again at halftime. He was quoted as saying, "I have never seen such an uplifting speech that pumped the players up like that and gets them to respond. I don't know how he does it! When Scott gets here next year, he will win so much that the fans are going to get tired of winning."

Your team played well against PSU’s second and third units at the end after the game was safely out of reach. An onside kick and a score on the last play made the game seem more competitive than It was. I wouldn’t over read this. It was senior day so some kids who never play got to see the field. Anyway I hope whatever momentum Nebraska might have garnered can carry over against Iowa. They are swirling now and you can beat them at home. Good luck next week, and in the future too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT