ADVERTISEMENT

What other team...

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Do you all generally root for other than our Huskers? Somebody regionally familiar? Trendy? The team that has who could possibly become our next head coach?

I hate the B1G and struggle to even root for another team within the conference. Didn't have this problem in the Big 12. Mutual respect kinda thing. I hate the boring style of play, the incompetent (or corrupt) refs, and the elitists in leadership. Makes it hard to root for my one true team, who struggles enough on their own making it hard to remain engaged with them.

So who else do you root for on Saturdays?

I liked VA Tech when they had Coach Beamer and Bud Foster. Still root for them. I also root for the service academies. Nebraska could learn something about disciplined play from Army, Navy, and Air Force ... few turnovers, few penalties, etc.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
Neighbor and good friend is an LSU fan so he and I are each others support group for our football woes... LOL!

Living in Texas I don't mind TAMU but I still HATE that Austin product...
I've always liked A&M, way preferred over Austin lol. I second the person who said service academies. Just a certain respect not only for the military, but disciplined hard nosed football

Reactions: HBK4life and ADV1
Good for you! I'm a fan of Briles... At least schematically lol
I think Pittman has done an excellent job picking a staff that is full of guys that are really good at their jobs (Briles and Odum should be looked at as head coaches this next cycle). I don't know how much playcalling he actually does, but Pittman looks to be a great motivator for those kids in Fayetteville.

I've always liked A&M, way preferred over Austin lol. I second the person who said service academies. Just a certain respect not only for the military, but disciplined hard nosed football

When we moved down here I told my kids they can go to ANY Texas college they want and they'd have my full support... But! I explicitly told them there was no way they were going to Austin or any satellite college related to it! LOL! I won't allow that shade of Orange in my house

I think Pittman has done an excellent job picking a staff that is full of guys that are really good at their jobs (Briles and Odum should be looked at as head coaches this next cycle). I don't know how much playcalling he actually does, but Pittman looks to be a great motivator for those kids in Fayetteville.
I've really liked Pittman for 2 years, seems like a good guy to play for, at least that's my public perception of him. He just has them playing well. This week we can see how for real they are as they take on Georgia in Athens.

Briles seems to be a sure thing to be a Head Coach before long. Arkansas has their starting and backup QB and I'd love to have either one of them. Really bodes well down the road in the event the starter can't go.

I love to root against the 'Canes. I like to watch Bama just because they are physical and Saban always has them intense. Like all truly great coaches, he has those starters who have to put out, cause they have someone just waiting to take their spot. Like football was meant to be played. I love physical football and intensity. Reminds me of the 90's TO 'skers.

Got family in Arkansas and they are diehard Razorbacks, so I like to watch them.

Those who don’t know Arkansas football history can find similar turbulence in coaching tenures/timeframes/decisions from 1983-2008 - like Nebraska football the past 24 years.

ND. I was born and raised 20 minutes from campus.
I am also a Husker fan since we moved to Omaha 15 years ago.
I do not understand the hatred Nebraska fans have for ND. It’s not like they’re rivals.???

I do not understand the hatred Nebraska fans have for ND. It’s not like they’re rivals.???

My stepdad is an Irish Catholic from Chicago, so Notre Dame was my second-favorite team growing up. That changed when I went to South Bend in 2000. The fans were such dicks that whole weekend. I went to parochial school through 9th grade, so I was used to the spoiled, sheltered little private school immaturity of Catholic school brats, but it was off the charts. Literally every two minutes we had some ND fan in our faces, talking smack, calling us names, trying to sell us fake tickets, begging for money, etc. it was unbelievable. That soured it for me.

Do you all generally root for other than our Huskers? Somebody regionally familiar? Trendy? The team that has who could possibly become our next head coach?

I hate the B1G and struggle to even root for another team within the conference. Didn't have this problem in the Big 12. Mutual respect kinda thing. I hate the boring style of play, the incompetent (or corrupt) refs, and the elitists in leadership. Makes it hard to root for my one true team, who struggles enough on their own making it hard to remain engaged with them.

Arkansas now that I live here. They are big underdogs in the SEC and kind of get treated like NU does in the BIG 10.

My stepdad is an Irish Catholic from Chicago, so Notre Dame was my second-favorite team growing up. That changed when I went to South Bend in 2000. The fans were such dicks that whole weekend. I went to parochial school through 9th grade, so I was used to the spoiled, sheltered little private school immaturity of Catholic school brats, but it was off the charts. Literally every two minutes we had some ND fan in our faces, talking smack, calling us names, trying to sell us fake tickets, begging for money, etc. it was unbelievable. That soured it for me.
I get it. Good and bad in all fan bases. I’ve seen some of the most deplorable behavior by Husker fans, but I try not to judge you all by those idiots.

I have become a houston cougar fan for my second team....I want them to get big and control houston recruiting.
as far as big 10 teams I like michigan because they have the 2nd best helmets...behind nebraska..

• Love
Any team that plays usc, texas, and colorado.
and of course any team currently coached by our old friend mike the pirate. i hate him and like him at the same time.
by the way because of proximity and just for fun i root for the wyo cowboys. they are kind of inept as hell but somehow have figured out how to win at the end of games.

Reactions: Bugeater
U
Was 12 at that game, my brother was 6. We are from Indiana my Dad lived in Nebraska part of his life and passed to us the Big Red fever. I will say the Notre Dame fans were terrible and spit on us, called us bastards and ******s. One fan stole my brothers Huskers football he just got autographed by Tracy Wistrom and pissed on it then whipped it at us as we walked away. My dad was covering the game a a sportswriter and my mom did the best she could keeping us away. I remember saying F you as a 12 year old to a bunch of the fans who were laughing and a female Huskers fan came us to us and said walk this way, don’t stoop to their level it isn’t the Nebraska way.But the ND fans made me hate them ever since. My second favorite team has been Oklahoma State and whoever beats the piss out of Notre Dame.

Reactions: bigboxes
I have become a houston cougar fan for my second team....I want them to get big and control houston recruiting.
as far as big 10 teams I like michigan because they have the 2nd best helmets...behind nebraska..
Ah, the Holgerson rush oriented air raid. I like it and hope they prove to be the "sleeping giant" that awakens now as they head to the Big 12

A@M fans are as good as they come. 2006 when Taylor hit Purify on the fade to win the game I was there in that end zone. Their fans bought us beers and congratulations all around. I never thought I would meet fans who hate Texass as much as I do. They do. Lol. Horns down!!

South Bend - the ugliest most depressing town in the United States.

Ah, the Holgerson rush oriented air raid. I like it and hope they prove to be the "sleeping giant" that awakens now as they head to the Big 12
I remember in the 80's NU would set rushing records and houston would set passing records

ND for me too. My wife has some strong ND ties and we go to a game in South Bend every few years.

Last edited:

I’m an LSU fan also

U

Was 12 at that game, my brother was 6. We are from Indiana my Dad lived in Nebraska part of his life and passed to us the Big Red fever. I will say the Notre Dame fans were terrible and spit on us, called us bastards and ******s. One fan stole my brothers Huskers football he just got autographed by Tracy Wistrom and pissed on it then whipped it at us as we walked away. My dad was covering the game a a sportswriter and my mom did the best she could keeping us away. I remember saying F you as a 12 year old to a bunch of the fans who were laughing and a female Huskers fan came us to us and said walk this way, don’t stoop to their level it isn’t the Nebraska way.But the ND fans made me hate them ever since. My second favorite team has been Oklahoma State and whoever beats the piss out of Notre Dame.
Much like Nebraska, ND hears often how well they treat visiting fans.
I was at a Husker game and saw two of your brethren screaming at a women and her young son, simply for being from a visiting team. They kept screaming FVK U FVK U. She asked why they were doing that to her and her son. They said “ because we can”.
Should she, her son and I generalize all Husker fans as trash?

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
NAVY. Was in the Navy 10 yrs so...

I don't hate ND or Texas. Don't understand it.

Not a lot of history with ND at all.

Texas games were always fun to watch imo. Those were close games except of one.

The schools I hate are Kansas state after their old AD admitted they were trying to destroy Nebraska football off the field....and any other old big 8 school that took part in that. Screw those bastards.

Reactions: run4fun11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT