ADVERTISEMENT

What other HC jobs will open up?

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Bottom line… we can talk all we want about Fickell, Campbell, Napier…etc. but it will come down to what other prestigious jobs are open and understanding our pecking order in modern day college football. So what jobs do you think will be open at years end?
Michigan? USC? Does Day leave OSU for pro football? If so, our pool just shrunk and we’re gonna hire Carl Pelini to start this clown studded marry go round again

Reactions: nu2u
4 years ago everyone thought Frost was the best hire of all the programs with openings. But so far Jimbo Fisher and Dan Mullen lead the way. Pruitt is out at Tennessee and Frost is next

ASU (Herm Edwards) Hot

,,,and 2 or more of the following....
USC (Clay Helton)
MICHIGAN (Jim Harbaugh)
LSU (Ed Orgeron)
VTECH (Justin Fuentes)
UCONN (Randy Edsall)

I think Harbaugh survives but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nebraska will. USC might but not if he wins 8 or more, which is totally possible. Doubtful Michigan opens up before Jim heads off to the NFL if he left. Jim isn't going to get fired.

Jobs that could open - UCONN, Syracuse, VA Tech, Purdue, Arizona State

Job that will come open - Nebraska

Don't expect much of anything to change in the Big Ten.

If SF gets canned (and it sounds like he’s going to hang himself) then Trev please get us someone that knows how to build a program, assembles a staff that teaches good fundamentals, that can teach and motivate the players to have the mental toughness to compete. Doesn’t have to be a splash hire, or someone that has ties to the program necessarily. Just a solid coach that knows his stuff. Honestly, I’d love to have Bob Stoops but I know he wouldn’t come. Someone like him though!

People have seen my list of coaches.

I honestly don't even want a splash hire. Just someone that has won titles, plays sound, smash-mouth football and get to work at Nebraska.

A splash hire will always backfire at a place like Nebraska since none of those names run a system that fits at Nebraska.

People have seen my list of coaches.

I honestly don't even want a splash hire. Just someone that has won titles, plays sound, smash-mouth football and get to work at Nebraska.

A splash hire will always backfire at a place like Nebraska since none of those names run a system that fits at Nebraska.
Yep. I hate to say it but we need someone like TO or Bill Snyder. Someone who can recruit top 20 talent and then do more with less. Discipline, defense and Special Teams with a tough OL.

Yep. I hate to say it but we need someone like TO or Bill Snyder. Someone who can recruit top 20 talent and then do more with less. Discipline, defense and Special Teams with a tough OL.
Yes! TO - great offensive mind. Had such a feel for the game and knew when to call a certain play. Was patient with the game plan and never got too cute with play calling like SF does.

Bill Snyder is another Hall of Famer!! I think he may of had the best work ethic of any coach out there. I read somewhere that he only got 4 hours of sleep a night during Football Season. His attention to detail was of the highest level and he demanded that of his staff. And as you point out he did more with less than any other team out there year in and year out.

Crazy that SF played under TO and worked under Bill Snyder and none of their traits seemed to rub off on SF.

Sounds like Venables would be a hard get. He's turned down Florida State and Auburn recently and has two kids playing for Clemson.

It would be a great get for Nebraska though. Midwest ties and elite defenses.. I like it.

Reactions: headcard
Unless there are serious NCAA or ethical violations there is zero chance Orgeron is gone from LSU so soon after winning the NC with a record breaking season. He fits Louisiana too well.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Remember when Solich was struggling and everyone was clamoring for a more pass happy offense and a lot of fans wanted to get away from smash mouth football? I do. And I was one of them. We were all so, so wrong

I do too but I wasn't. Yes I was frustrated that we were so predictable. He changed staff and should have been retained

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT