ADVERTISEMENT

What? Nothing about a "new " coach?

I predicted 8 wins based on a 4 year returning starter and the roster we've assembled. I qualified that though by adding that IF we lost to Illinois things could spiral out of control. IF we lose to Buffalo I'm afraid that will happen. Beat Buffalo convincingly and go toe to toe with OU and there's a chance he could salvage this season. NW is bad. I haven't seen anybody else play. It's why we play the games instead of just using the preseason rankings.
Michigan State looks better than I expected, NW I didn’t think would be as good as last year.
Minnesota will have something to say on who wins the West. Michigan most likely will beat us and Wisconsin and Ioway would be Huge upsets in either game that I can’t see Nebraska winning..So NW and Purdue would be the likely wins far from the 7 games I thought we could have some improvement but haven’t seen enough to be that optimistic…

Michigan State looks better than I expected, NW I didn’t think would be as good as last year.
Minnesota will have something to say on who wins the West. Michigan most likely will beat us and Wisconsin and Ioway would be Huge upsets in either game that I can’t see Nebraska winning..So NW and Purdue would be the likely wins far from the 7 games I thought we could have some improvement but haven’t seen enough to be that optimistic…
You just never know for sure until they play all of the games. We did go on a very unexpected and unlikely run Frost's first year to end the season. Stranger things have happened but dang it doesn't look good right now. Tom has said many times that he never really knew what he had for a team until they got to November. There were LOTS of upsets yesterday that nobody could have or did predict. IF Frost could make this work this year, the schedule next year gets a bunch easier even with the silliness of playing OU again. Tom scheduled that OU game for NU as if he still had the 71 Huskers and his staff on campus.

Reactions: scarletred
I am a little concerned that Nebraska’s longest play from scrimmage against Fordham was a 32 yard pass to Omar Manning.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
It was a fluke man, a fluke. Everyone wants perfection except in their own lives...
Funny how the flukes keep piling up, season after season. But if it makes you feel like Johnny SuperFan to say that the fans’ expectations of Frost are unreasonably high, then by all means keep beating that drum.

Reactions: HBK4life
Nobody is asking for perfection. Just have a winning record for a once at NU. Is that too much to ask for 5 million a year????
The norm was 9 wins set by TO. That was raised to 10 under Solich due to CCG and extra game added to schedule. Solich was let go when he couldn't recruit to a high enough level. Was getting blown out by the better teams. Callahan? Had two losing seasons (out of four) and was let go. Not good enough at Nebraska. Pelini? Could not beat the good teams and his biggest claim to fame was a whale trophy. Could not/would not recruit. Couldn't live off of Cally's recruits forever. Buh-bye! Riley was hired to unf*ck the us against the world mentality that crippled the program under his watch. I don't know what to make of that mess as Riley had no direction to get better. So, after all that, tell me why Scott Frost gets a pass for averaging 4 wins a year.

The norm was 9 wins set by TO. That was raised to 10 under Solich due to CCG and extra game added to schedule. Solich was let go when he couldn't recruit to a high enough level. Was getting blown out by the better teams. Callahan? Had two losing seasons (out of four) and was let go. Not good enough at Nebraska. Pelini? Could not beat the good teams and his biggest claim to fame was a whale trophy. Could not/would not recruit. Couldn't live off of Cally's recruits forever. Buh-bye! Riley was hired to unf*ck the us against the world mentality that crippled the program under his watch. I don't know what to make of that mess as Riley had no direction to get better. So, after all that, tell me why Scott Frost gets a pass for averaging 4 wins a year.
He's a former Husker. Only reason. Anyone else would be gone by now.

Reactions: 54T and bigboxes
I watched the Buffalo game. Would not be surprised if Buffalo is the favorite going into that game. They have a stud RB, linebackers are good, and LOS does not favor Nebraska in this game.

I wanted Frost to work out, but I also watch other games.
Buffalo's OL outweighed Wagner's DL by an average of 36 pounds (293 to 257). Buffalo's OL has a number of new starters, and wont push us around like they did Wagner's DL.

Frost will win all of the rest of the games and you and others like you will eat crow...
OIP.8OZUNuiGn3NNpJyUf0_hHgHaE8

I think a lot of Husker fans are ready to "buy in" again after today. Unfortunately seems like a lot of people on here are choosing to remain negative....oh well who needs 'em GBR!!!
Hey Turbo - you be sure to keep us updated every week on your incredible vision for this football team!!!

I’m done talking about new coaches until 6 wins isn’t a possibility. Still need 5 more wins.
Look 6 wins only, and we continue to be laughed at, our recruiting cannot survive a 6 win season. 7 wins and we can have a top 30-35 ranked class. 6 wins we are probably going to 50-75th ranked. We can't survive that.

Look 6 wins only, and we continue to be laughed at, our recruiting cannot survive a 6 win season. 7 wins and we can have a top 30-35 ranked class. 6 wins we are probably going to 50-75th ranked. We can't survive that.
Oh I agree completely, but with Frost’s buyout a 6 win season most likely earns him another year, recruiting class be damned. I’m just saying worrying about potential new coaches isn’t worth my effort until there is no reason to believe Frost won’t be back.

People must not get the recruiting this year and all the bitching an moaning about us only taking 13-14 recruits this year need to open their brains up as WE HAVE NO CHOICE due to the NCAA granting a Covid year and with the numbers that returned. This has to do with the 85 scholarship limit. WOW people are dense!

This is a trolling thread folks. If Frost doesn't beat Buffalo the schedule the rest of the season will only get tougher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT