ADVERTISEMENT

What? Nothing about a "new " coach?

A thought occurred to me that goes against what most people are saying about Frost. What if he’s “over coaching”? Those kids are playing tight - playing to not lose, especially in Q1 & Q3 (halftime adjustments when they’re behind). When they play better/good teams, they’re doomed because they never loosen up. They just play tighter and tighter and screw themselves out of the game. Think about line (O&D) play, special teams and QB play. Those are fast reads which, if you have to think about, you lose. Remember Chuck Knoblauch? #goahead

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No more sure than you…since we don’t work in the athletic dept. and Trev is a couple months into the job and the season is 2 weeks old so of course nothings set in stone. But that’s my opinion.
Agree to disagree. Sh@& storms like last week and no .500 record at minimum, SF will be gone. Trev wants what is best for our program more so than being loyal to a former Husker QB who, btw, he never played with.

Reactions: headcard
A thought occurred to me that goes against what most people are saying about Frost. What if he’s “over coaching”? Those kids are playing tight - playing to not lose, especially in Q1 & Q3 (halftime adjustments when they’re behind). When they play better/good teams, they’re doomed because they never loosen up. They just play tighter and tighter and screw themselves out of the game. Think about line (O&D) play, special teams and QB play. Those are fast reads which, if you have to think about, you lose. Remember Chuck Knoblauch? #goahead
I absolutely think Martinez is over thinking things and afraid to let it fly in the passing game. Given some of his interception and inaccuracy problems that's understandable. The rest of the team not so much. We're getting out coached.

Agree to disagree. Sh@& storms like last week and no .500 record at minimum, SF will be gone. Trev wants what is best for our program more so than being loyal to a former Husker QB who, btw, he never played with.
I dunno. One booster of substance I talked to this week doesn't believe that is true. He thinks we're married to Frost through next year if for no other reason that financial concerns. I think it would take less than 5 wins to fire him and then that might depend on the circumstances of those wins and losses.

I dunno. One booster of substance I talked to this week doesn't believe that is true. He thinks we're married to Frost through next year if for no other reason that financial concerns. I think it would take less than 5 wins to fire him and then that might depend on the circumstances of those wins and losses.
Less than 5 wins is a very real possibility. We needed that Illinois game. Now there is absolutely no room for error to reach 5 IMO.

Can we PLEASE stop with the savior syndrome? We need STABILITY!

Soooo many people rooting for him to fail this year and be gone. That's a wild psychological thing to evaluate.

I actually understand it myself. Those people probably feel like they have seen enough and anything else is just prolonging the inevitable. I'll never ROOT for my team to lose. I hope we win every game left on the schedule. That said I don't believe it will happen.

Scott has done a poor job as a HC and even the staunchest supporters would have to admit that. I'm just not of the group to believe you root AGAINST your team. But that's just me.

Holla

What’s worse Huskers losing to IL away or #2 team in country at home almost losing to lowly Tulane? Shows “any given Saturday” but I suppose they should be calling for Lincoln Riley’s head too.. Misery loves company especially bored “Husker” fans sitting around their computer taking any fun out of a win.
I’m long Frosty and so is our New AD so get used to it.
Is this a serious question? Of course “almost losing” - otherwise known as “winning” - is better than losing.

I actually understand it myself. Those people probably feel like they have seen enough and anything else is just prolonging the inevitable. I'll never ROOT for my team to lose. I hope we win every game left on the schedule. That said I don't believe it will happen.

Scott has done a poor job as a HC and even the staunchest supporters would have to admit that. I'm just not of the group to believe you root AGAINST your team. But that's just me.

Holla
The best case scenario is that he wins enough to save his job and build a program. Starting over would financially be disastrous.

Less than 5 wins is a very real possibility. We needed that Illinois game. Now there is absolutely no room for error to reach 5 IMO.
I predicted 8 wins based on a 4 year returning starter and the roster we've assembled. I qualified that though by adding that IF we lost to Illinois things could spiral out of control. IF we lose to Buffalo I'm afraid that will happen. Beat Buffalo convincingly and go toe to toe with OU and there's a chance he could salvage this season. NW is bad. I haven't seen anybody else play. It's why we play the games instead of just using the preseason rankings.

Logical thought process with contract $ on the hook and a very young team. Not “Trev didn’t play with Frost” comments. Alberts is level headed AD and end of the day you can project until your blue in the face but minus a dumpster fire or all the kids quit in the coaching staff Frost will have a leash of 18 months to show promise. IMO

Logical thought process with contract $ on the hook and a very young team. Not “Trev didn’t play with Frost” comments. Alberts is level headed AD and end of the day you can project until your blue in the face but minus a dumpster fire or all the kids quit in the coaching staff Frost will have a leash of 18 months to show promise. IMO
meh. The young team thing is wearing a little thin. We're TOO young at OT. Other than that not so much. Granted OT was a lot of our problem last week.

I think we turned the corner today. Will be heading in a different direction the rest of the year. Go Huskers!

Reactions: mavsker
Seriously? Did we beat a team of substance today??
Doesn't matter as this show's improvement because we did what we were supposed to do to them which was completely destroy them.

There being fans that think everything was fixed and we will suddenly now win 8 games this year blah blah was already predicted during the week...it was as predictable as death and taxes.

After the OU game this is highly likely a 1-3 team and looking down the drain of wondering if they can even get a second win.

How many Power 5 coaches have survived 4 losing seasons in 4 years? I can't think of any. I find it hard to believe Frost could survive another losing season.

Holla
I know I've always liked you. Keep posting.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Frost will be fired with another losing season. No point in talking about it with other posters and their made-up "I talked to a booster" bs.
Good god the trolls our out with their pitchforks today. I’ll get my popcorn the emotional train wrecks on here is getting hilarious. I had to double check and make sure we won the game.

So Trev is gonna..? Hire, whom???
Sandy Buda.
There being fans that think everything was fixed and we will suddenly now win 8 games this year blah blah was already predicted during the week...it was as predictable as death and taxes.

After the OU game this is highly likely a 1-3 team and looking down the drain of wondering if they can even get a second win.
I have not seen a single person project that "everything is fixed". Not one.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Frost will be fired with another losing season. No point in talking about it with other posters and their made-up "I talked to a booster" bs.
Take it for what it's worth. My guy knew Frank was getting fired and told me so several weeks before Frank knew. Message board posters don't matter to the AD. Large donors matter.

Yeah! Let's keep him. After this year, He will have 1 out of 6 winning seasons as a head coach. That is a great business plan. Give him another 2 or 3 . He will work it out.

What’s worse Huskers losing to IL away or #2 team in country at home almost losing to lowly Tulane? Shows “any given Saturday” but I suppose they should be calling for Lincoln Riley’s head too.. Misery loves company especially bored “Husker” fans sitting around their computer taking any fun out of a win.
I’m long Frosty and so is our New AD so get used to it.
POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Yeah driving back today from Chicago listening to Overreaction and people calling in saying “if our OL plays this way going forward we got a chance to get to 5 wins” or shit like “this win makes me feel pretty good” yada yada shows clearly that we’re a truly terrible team and some fans think this is fine

Take it for what it's worth. My guy knew Frank was getting fired and told me so several weeks before Frank knew. Message board posters don't matter to the AD. Large donors matter.
If large donors matter, then he's coaching his last season at Nebraska for sure.

Soooo many people rooting for him to fail this year and be gone. That's a wild psychological thing to evaluate.
Dingle, I am pretty confident that Scott Frost won't disappoint that contingency of the fan base.

"Fans don't get coaches fired!"

Also

"So whatever the boosters want is what will happen"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT